Photo
- - - - -

Solar eclipse, what does it mean to you?

Solar eclipse Eclipse Magic

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 travsha

travsha

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 05:34 PM

If it's not too personal and/or you don't mind me asking, what type of ceremonial tea? I make a lot of herbal teas, tinctures, etc. that I make in large quantities/batches at a time, but sometimes I'll make one w/certain herbs for specific purposes (like divining for example). Do you make a ceremony out of the entire process of making the tea or just use the tea for/during the ceremony itself?

Ayahuasca. A bit different then herbal tea - you have to boil it for an entire day basically. Actually, I still need to reduce it today.... The entire process of making the tea is a ceremony - I even had to change my diet to make the best tea possible (it picks up subtle energy from you when you brew it). The cooking ceremony actually takes longer then the drinking ceremony (all day compared to 5-6 hours).

Ended up also starting my 4th nettle dieta yesterday.... On a whim we decided we wanted to connect more with this plant as well (my favorite non-psychoactive plant teacher at the moment). Dieted with it 3 times last year, and we are just building on that work (each tie goes deeper). (For anyone who isnt familiar with the term "diet/dieta" in the way I am using it - it is a practice I learned in the Amazon which invites a plant spirit into your body to become a spiritual ally of yours.)

#22 Aurelian

Aurelian

The Devils Enabler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 05:55 PM

Quick question- do you guys consider right now, that is, early Friday morning to do your work- or tomorrow night, or late tomorrow night/early Sat morning for doing your work pertaining to this event? For example, right now where I live it's technically 1:15am Friday morning (but since I'm a night owl I typically refer to it as "Thursday night" lol)- are you working now into the morning, during the day, early this evening, or later this evening/tomorrow morning?

Whenever the spirit strikes me, which means I do work immediately. Especially if it involves anger--there are certain emotions I cannot hold on... gotta use em now!

"The truth about the world, he said, is that anything is possible. Had you not seen it from birth and thereby bled it of its strangeness it would appear to you for what it is, a hat trick in a medicine show, a fevered dream, a trance bepopulate with chimeras having neither analogue nor precedent, an itinerant carnival, a migratory tentshow whose ultimate destination after many a pitch in many a mudded field is unspeakable and calamitous beyond reckoning." - Cormac McCarthy

#23 Aurelian

Aurelian

The Devils Enabler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 05:57 PM

Also, pharmahausca seems just so much easier to concoct, but then I guess you wouldn't have contract with those spirits, then....
"The truth about the world, he said, is that anything is possible. Had you not seen it from birth and thereby bled it of its strangeness it would appear to you for what it is, a hat trick in a medicine show, a fevered dream, a trance bepopulate with chimeras having neither analogue nor precedent, an itinerant carnival, a migratory tentshow whose ultimate destination after many a pitch in many a mudded field is unspeakable and calamitous beyond reckoning." - Cormac McCarthy

#24 Nikki

Nikki

Air Bender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 03:36 AM

Sorry... I couldn't resist posting this link

Edited by Nikki, 28 March 2015 - 03:41 AM.

The difference between Medicine and Poison is the Dose. :oil-bottle:
I Love you as certain Dark Things are to be Loved,
In Secret, Between the Shadow and the Soul.
- Pablo Neruda

#25 ArcticWitch

ArcticWitch

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 04:23 PM

That was hilarious, Nikki!

#26 RoseRed

RoseRed

. . . Not a big believer in . . . cowinkydink ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 09:23 PM

"Make the brew. Then drink the brew."

I love the flowers in his hair.

When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#27 travsha

travsha

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 03:56 PM

JP Sears is hilarious - each time I watch one of his videos I end up laughing.... He has some good ones!

I havent drank any pharmahuasca before, but it should be just as easy/hard as regular. Either one you just boil the plants all day long with some acidic water to make a tea. The plants for either recipe are very easy to get online. Would be different spirits though, and while I dont have any contracts with nay spirits that I am aware of, I do have a relationship specifically with the traditional plants. Maybe I will try the pharmahuasca sometime, just had my hands full with the traditional plants already, and from what others have told me, most people seem to prefer the traditional plants....

#28 Ravenshaw

Ravenshaw

Life is good

• Moderators
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 12:54 PM

Bump

RSKHFMY

#29 witchpriest

witchpriest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 03:29 PM

In my tradition the moon is stronger than any nighttime moon phase when eclipsing the sun.

Excited to see one here in Virginia this month. It has been a while since we had one this close to total and visible from this area. Definitely planning several rituals, as it will last a couple hours from beginning to end. Beyond stoked! It will be August 21st around 2:30 PM visible on the East Coast of the States for anyone in that area that didn't know. Shout out to Ravenshaw for letting me know about that, all of my astronomical almanacs are out of date lol.

Great info above!

#30 Madame

Madame

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 05:02 PM

My apartment is only a 15 minute drive from the total eclipse, so I will be parked off of a semi-remote county road for it. I'll have some things charging back on my patio, catching the partial. I might bring a few in my car to set out for it, too.

I'll be doing some major workings the night before and after.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Solar eclipse, Eclipse, Magic