• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Caps

Caps

Phytokinesist

• Moderators
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 12:40 AM

I know usually it's a common feature on forums that use BBCode to have a line boxing in a quote from another poster but was curious (have been curious actually) why it doesn't do it on here? Is it the darker skin or...? I'm just suggesting it, maybe it's possible instead of having to put ========= between our quoted posts and replies all the time? Maybe?
"It is the still and silent sea that drowns a man." - Old Norse proverb

"It is better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war."

#2 Ravenshaw

Ravenshaw

Life is good

• Moderators
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 12:50 AM

I second this. Gets a little difficult to read quoted posts sometimes

RSKHFMY

#3 bewitchingredhead

bewitchingredhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 05:59 AM

LOL! I've always wondered that as well to Caps! That's why I usually try to distance my reply (although I do sometimes forget) a few spaces down and why I used a different type and color font from the get go, as to to more easily distinguish between the two.
I see you're getting your degree in art of the obvious~myself
Without music life would be a mistake~ Friedrich Nietzsche
Immorality: The morality of those who are having a better time~ H.L. Mencken
When nature has work to be done, she creates a genius to do it~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
We cannot teach people anything; we can only help them discover it within themselves~ Galileo

#4 Aria

Aria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 09:26 AM

I totally agree, a line between quoted text and the reply, like the one between the post and the signature, would make posts much easier to read!

Aria

Edited by Aria, 17 March 2015 - 09:27 AM.

La strega è un frutto di terra. (M.)

#5 Mountain Witch

Mountain Witch

Practical b/witch

• Moderators
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 12:22 PM

It's the darker skin. If you switch to the standard skin (can't remember what it's called), it's blue instead of black & is easier to see the difference between the boxed quote & your reply. Alternatively, you can click on "More Reply Options" in the lower right & you'll see the BBC code so you know where to start typing your reply.

For purposes of action nothing is more useful than narrowness of thought combined with energy of will.
~ Henri Frederic Amiel

You can access my blog and get autographed copies of my books through my website

#6 Caps

Caps

Phytokinesist

• Moderators
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 01:09 PM

It's the darker skin. If you switch to the standard skin (can't remember what it's called), it's blue instead of black & is easier to see the difference between the boxed quote & your reply. Alternatively, you can click on "More Reply Options" in the lower right & you'll see the BBC code so you know where to start typing your reply.

I'm gonna toy around with some bbcode on this quote later when I get back to my computer to see if I can change the background. It probably has to be put in manually every time though. I rather like the dark skin lol

Edited by Caps, 17 March 2015 - 09:20 PM.

#7 Caps

Caps

Phytokinesist

• Moderators
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 09:23 PM

Actually nevermind. I like this blue skin better lol. I couldn't figure it out. I was trying to make the background color of the quote itself the same grey as the outlines but it wasn't working for me. Hex code 696969

Edit, I don't want to say that I like it better, the black/grey is better but this blue is a change for the time being so I'll work with it.

You can definitely see the quote boxes in the blue version

Edited by Caps, 17 March 2015 - 09:29 PM.

#8 bewitchingredhead

bewitchingredhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 06:57 AM

Ohhh I see. I like the black skin much better though too.
I see you're getting your degree in art of the obvious~myself
Without music life would be a mistake~ Friedrich Nietzsche
Immorality: The morality of those who are having a better time~ H.L. Mencken
When nature has work to be done, she creates a genius to do it~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
We cannot teach people anything; we can only help them discover it within themselves~ Galileo

#9 RoseRed

RoseRed

. . . Not a big believer in . . . cowinkydink ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 01:51 PM

I use the blue. If you hit return a couple times after the quotebox - it'll separate it. I had the same issue when I first started posting here.
When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#10 OCEANOS

OCEANOS

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 11:41 AM

I also have the problem of seeing my own writing when I have multiquoted replies. Box up the quote is a good idea to prevent typo error that can lead to unnecessary miscommunication.

"Some People Have A Gift For Stupidity, An Almost Mystic Ability To Withstand Any Form Of Logic"

output_dLSIE3.gif

#11 Aurelian

Aurelian

The Devils Enabler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 11:45 PM

Multiquoted replies will not contain your own text....you can edit it in, however, just copy and paste.
"The truth about the world, he said, is that anything is possible. Had you not seen it from birth and thereby bled it of its strangeness it would appear to you for what it is, a hat trick in a medicine show, a fevered dream, a trance bepopulate with chimeras having neither analogue nor precedent, an itinerant carnival, a migratory tentshow whose ultimate destination after many a pitch in many a mudded field is unspeakable and calamitous beyond reckoning." - Cormac McCarthy