Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Capsicum

"Boxing in" quoted posts?

I know usually it's a common feature on forums that use BBCode to have a line boxing in a quote from another poster but was curious (have been curious actually) why it doesn't do it on here? Is it the darker skin or...? I'm just suggesting it, maybe it's possible instead of having to put ========= between our quoted posts and replies all the time? Maybe?

LOL! I've always wondered that as well to Caps! That's why I usually try to distance my reply (although I do sometimes forget) a few spaces down and why I used a different type and color font from the get go, as to to more easily distinguish between the two.

I totally agree, a line between quoted text and the reply, like the one between the post and the signature, would make posts much easier to read!

Aria

It's the darker skin. If you switch to the standard skin (can't remember what it's called), it's blue instead of black & is easier to see the difference between the boxed quote & your reply. Alternatively, you can click on "More Reply Options" in the lower right & you'll see the BBC code so you know where to start typing your reply.

It's the darker skin. If you switch to the standard skin (can't remember what it's called), it's blue instead of black & is easier to see the difference between the boxed quote & your reply. Alternatively, you can click on "More Reply Options" in the lower right & you'll see the BBC code so you know where to start typing your reply.

I'm gonna toy around with some bbcode on this quote later when I get back to my computer to see if I can change the background. It probably has to be put in manually every time though. I rather like the dark skin lol

Actually nevermind. I like this blue skin better lol. I couldn't figure it out. I was trying to make the background color of the quote itself the same grey as the outlines but it wasn't working for me. Hex code 696969

Edit, I don't want to say that I like it better, the black/grey is better but this blue is a change for the time being so I'll work with it.

You can definitely see the quote boxes in the blue version

I use the blue. If you hit return a couple times after the quotebox - it'll separate it. I had the same issue when I first started posting here.

I also have the problem of seeing my own writing when I have multiquoted replies. Box up the quote is a good idea to prevent typo error that can lead to unnecessary miscommunication.

Multiquoted replies will not contain your own text....you can edit it in, however, just copy and paste.