That's why I don't hide anymore. Easy for me to say, yes, being from a geopolitical area where I am privileged to not be persecuted. I find the more I accept myself, and allow myself to be as I am, the more I attract others who are truly beneficial for me to have in my life. I would love to help create a world where a person's religious beliefs are not called into question, as long as they are not hurting innocent living beings in the name of that religion. If my being-in-the-world can help normalize Witches, then, great. And as much as this is not a Wiccan site, I am very grateful to Wicca, very grateful indeed, because they paved the way for us to be safer in the world. I am in my mid 30s, and by the time I was coming of age, being a Witch was not considered so horrifying anymore. Weird, yeah, but not a crime, not even a social crime where I grew up (NYC metro area). We are not done, though. Many more are awakening in these times. The Earth will speak through many more of us than we know now. We will return to the Old Ways because we will have no choice. The time of conquest has already died. Now people have to catch up. If people want to celebrate a Biblical God, or whoever, fine with me, I don't give a crap what people call their God by name or what is on their altar as long as they recognize that the Earth belongs to all of us, we share it, we are of it, and we have to treat Her with respect and live according to Her natural laws, and the natural laws of our Cosmos. "Killing in the name of ....." doesn't make the ..... the problem. The problem is the crime itself. There is no God who has any place on this planet that would have any investment in its destruction. Any and all religions should be praying and acting for protecting our Nature.
"They" are still taking over Holy Wells and Places of Power. This is happening right now in Canada and the US. But they are not doing it in the name of Religion to control the populous anymore. Instead, they are doing it for money, out of sheer greed, not even caring about their own children, not even having the decency to come up with an excuse. It is time for us to stop hiding, all of us that have the privilege to not be killed for who we are anymore.
I found this written piece recently, called "manifesto of apocalyptic witchcraft." Chills all over reading this. I would buy the book, but it is almost $100. It's only $10 on Kindle, so maybe. We'll see. For now, though, here's a pasting:
1. If the land is poisoned, the witchcraft must respond.
2. It is not our way if life, it is life itself which is under threat
3. Witchcraft is our intimate connection to the web of life.
4. We are the Witchcraft.
5. Our World has forever changed. The trodden paths no longer correspond. Witchcraft thrives in this liminal, lunar, trackless realm.
6. We are storm, fire and flood.
7. We will not be denied.
8. Witchcraft is the recourse of the dispossessed, the powerless, the hungry and the abused. It gives heart and tongue to stones and trees. It wears the rough skin of beasts. It turns on a civilization that knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.
9. If you have no price you cannot be bought. If you do not want you cannot be bribed. If you are not frightened you cannot be controlled.
10. Witchcraft is folk magic, the magic of the people and for the people.
11. We call an end to the pretence of respectability.
12. We will not disarm ourselves.
13. The war is upon us.
14. Choose then to become a Mask.
15. Those with nothing left to lose will dare all.
16. There is one Witchcraft under many names. There is one Grand Sabbat on one mountain. There are many ways to fly. There is no witness present at the Sabbat.
17. Witchcraft is a force, not an order. Witchcraft is rhizomatic, not hierarchic. Witchcraft defies organisation, not meaning. We simply bear the marks.
18. Witchcraft is power and possesses this in ekstasis, sex and ordeal.
Witchcraft is unbridled sexuality.
19. In witchcraft it is the woman who initiates. We challenge man to be the equal of this woman.
20. Witchcraft is the art of inversion.
21. Witchcraft is the beauty which is terror.
22. Witchcraft is a myth, which drawing on the past, clothes itself in the symbols of (its) time.
Witchcraft does not mistake myths for history, it harnesses them to transform the future.
Witchcraft knows the ground upon which it stands.
23. Witchcraft honours the spirits. Witchcraft enchants for the lost. Witchcraft will not forget.
24. Witchcraft embodies our ancestors and saints, they carry us with them.
25. To Her is offered the blood, to use the care of the ask and bones.
26. The example we follow is our own.
27. The practice of witchcraft is one of revolution and of the power of woman.
28. The Goddess who speaks through us is known among men as Babalon.
29. Witchcraft concerns itself with mystery. Through the gates of mystery we come to knowledge. Knowledge enters us through the body. The highest form of this knowledge is Love.
30. Every drop of blood is sacrificed to the grail. Love cannot be bought with any other coin.
31. We seek and drink this wine together.
32. Will is finite, passion infinitely renewed.
33. Witchcraft is present, its is ensanguined and vivified. Witchcraft is prescient, it gazes on the future. Witchcraft is oracular, it will not hold its tongue. Our time has come
from Apocalyptic Witchcraft by Peter Grey, published by Scarlet Imprint