• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 Ravenshaw

Ravenshaw

Life is good

• Moderators
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 05:06 PM

I personally do not use the Bible, but live in an area where many magic folk are actually Xtian, so I imagine they use it as a magical tool without realizing.

I do know of one woman in particular who "Bible dipped", or use the Bible as a form of divination. She would connect with God and ask for guidance, then fling the book open and put her finger on a random spot on the page with her eyes closed. When she opened them, she would take whatever paragraph her finger landed on as her answer.

RSKHFMY

#22 CrowSnakeHareToad

CrowSnakeHareToad

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 09:09 PM

I personally do not use the Bible, but live in an area where many magic folk are actually Xtian, so I imagine they use it as a magical tool without realizing.

I do know of one woman in particular who "Bible dipped", or use the Bible as a form of divination. She would connect with God and ask for guidance, then fling the book open and put her finger on a random spot on the page with her eyes closed. When she opened them, she would take whatever paragraph her finger landed on as her answer.

I have tried this. Is very interesting

#23 RoseRed

RoseRed

. . . Not a big believer in . . . cowinkydink ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 02:54 PM

bible dipped - I love it! :roflhard:
When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#24 Ravenshaw

Ravenshaw

Life is good

• Moderators
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 04:24 PM

"Hey Bible, what will my day hold for me?"

"The Lord answered, 'Bring me a heifer three years old, a she-goat, three years old, a ram three years old, a turtle dove and a young pigeon.'"

:kat:

RSKHFMY

#25 Caps

Caps

Phytokinesist

• Moderators
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 04:47 PM

Sounds like a fascinating/horrific breeding project. :coffee:
"It is the still and silent sea that drowns a man." - Old Norse proverb

"It is better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war."

#26 RoseRed

RoseRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 05:03 PM

That'd be one hell of a parade to watch walking into a church now-a-days.

#27 Ravenshaw

Ravenshaw

Life is good

• Moderators
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 06:16 PM

Hahaha " i am here Lord, and I did not expect my day to go like this! ...What now?!"

RSKHFMY

#28 CrowSnakeHareToad

CrowSnakeHareToad

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 11:21 PM

haha some peoject that would be!

#29 bewitchingredhead

bewitchingredhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 06:15 AM

"Hey Bible, what will my day hold for me?"

"The Lord answered, 'Bring me a heifer three years old, a she-goat, three years old, a ram three years old, a turtle dove and a young pigeon.'"

:kat:

OMFG!! :roflhard:

I see you're getting your degree in art of the obvious~myself
Without music life would be a mistake~ Friedrich Nietzsche
Immorality: The morality of those who are having a better time~ H.L. Mencken
When nature has work to be done, she creates a genius to do it~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
We cannot teach people anything; we can only help them discover it within themselves~ Galileo

#30 Izzie

Izzie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 10:08 AM

What does the day hold for me? The BOD says;

Attached Files

Know thyself means this, that you get acquainted with what you know, and what you can do.- Menander

#31 Faeriechilde

Faeriechilde

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 04:47 PM

That is an interesting concept.To be honest I have never thought about using the bible for anything; craft related or not. Hmmm..Soon I will be living with my best friend.She has a bible.Could be interesting...

#32 Aurelian

Aurelian

The Devils Enabler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 06:36 PM

I grew up Catholic, which is highly mystical..I use biblical magic all the time....although, it is more part of my hoodoo practice. Want the nastiest curse you've ever seen? Psalm 109. You have no idea what I've done with that verse, some tequila, and assorted...things.
"The truth about the world, he said, is that anything is possible. Had you not seen it from birth and thereby bled it of its strangeness it would appear to you for what it is, a hat trick in a medicine show, a fevered dream, a trance bepopulate with chimeras having neither analogue nor precedent, an itinerant carnival, a migratory tentshow whose ultimate destination after many a pitch in many a mudded field is unspeakable and calamitous beyond reckoning." - Cormac McCarthy

#33 RoseRed

RoseRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 01:14 AM

I can only imagine. LOL

#34 bewitchingredhead

bewitchingredhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 06:55 AM

I grew up Catholic, which is highly mystical..I use biblical magic all the time....although, it is more part of my hoodoo practice. Want the nastiest curse you've ever seen? Psalm 109. You have no idea what I've done with that verse, some tequila, and assorted...things.

I'm all ears! :twisted_witch: LOL
And holy shit- remind me not to piss you off!! What's NOT included in that psalm for cursing?!! So do you use the Catholic bible then for your Hoodoo?

That's also another thing I forgot about getting over my adversion to using the bible in magic- I have so much of it fucking memorized. Never thought THAT would the benefit I got out of going to church growing up :rofl:

I see you're getting your degree in art of the obvious~myself
Without music life would be a mistake~ Friedrich Nietzsche
Immorality: The morality of those who are having a better time~ H.L. Mencken
When nature has work to be done, she creates a genius to do it~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
We cannot teach people anything; we can only help them discover it within themselves~ Galileo

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bible, Psalms, Occult