5 replies to this topic

#1 Aurelian

Aurelian

The Devils Enabler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 07:24 PM

This isn't a suggestion for forum improvement, but a note to people who have trouble posting.

Prior to posting your message, highlight and copy it! That way, if there is a forum timeout or whatnot, your message will not be lost.

Also, before mashing the post button several times in ire trying to get your message through, REFRESH the page. Sometimes the message will post and not show it. This will avoid double posts.

Just a bit of help from a long-time member.

-Aur

"The truth about the world, he said, is that anything is possible. Had you not seen it from birth and thereby bled it of its strangeness it would appear to you for what it is, a hat trick in a medicine show, a fevered dream, a trance bepopulate with chimeras having neither analogue nor precedent, an itinerant carnival, a migratory tentshow whose ultimate destination after many a pitch in many a mudded field is unspeakable and calamitous beyond reckoning." - Cormac McCarthy

#2 bewitchingredhead

bewitchingredhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 07:29 AM

LOL!! I figured that out quite some time ago after a round of many double posts :rofl:
I see you're getting your degree in art of the obvious~myself
Without music life would be a mistake~ Friedrich Nietzsche
Immorality: The morality of those who are having a better time~ H.L. Mencken
When nature has work to be done, she creates a genius to do it~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
We cannot teach people anything; we can only help them discover it within themselves~ Galileo

#3 Leighqt

Leighqt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 11:17 PM

I keep dbl posting after I try editing my post, I'm getting on my own nerves

#4 Oroboros

Oroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 05:02 AM

Please know this is an issue for most of us when we first join.  You have to caress the "Post" button.  No, just kidding about that part...

Try this:  http://www.tradition...double +posting

...From ev’ry depth of good and ill , The mystery which binds me still...— Poe

#5 Leighqt

Leighqt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 11:50 AM

It seems to be after I have posted then want to edit the original post, I shall try to be more careful I guess ,

#6 Oroboros

Oroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 03:17 PM

Just make sure you only hit submit once.  And if it doesn't appear to have posted do the whole copy and refresh like Aurelian suggests in the thread.

...From ev’ry depth of good and ill , The mystery which binds me still...— Poe