• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Izzie

Izzie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 01:59 PM

I want to know how last night's land spirit offering was received. So, here are the cards I got. I have an overall feeling the offering itself was received well, but I've a learning curve on land spirits. I feel as though they're saying that I'm seeing them as I want to see them, and that has to stop because my bias is preventing me from hearing their messages if that makes sense. What do you think?

The Sun
8 pentacles
10 swords
10 wands

Know thyself means this, that you get acquainted with what you know, and what you can do.- Menander

#2 Belwenda

Belwenda

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 05:07 PM

Izzie, what type of spread is this- by that I mean card=significance?

However without knowing that, in general I would say - they liked it and want more!

Edited by Belwenda, 27 February 2015 - 05:15 PM.

"For there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so" W.S.

#3 Izzie

Izzie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 06:08 PM

Izzie, what type of spread is this- by that I mean card=significance?

However without knowing that, in general I would say - they liked it and want more!

Guess I should say what means what...thanks for reminding me :)

1. The situation
2. Surrounding environment
3. Advice
4. Likely outcome

Know thyself means this, that you get acquainted with what you know, and what you can do.- Menander

#4 Aria

Aria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 06:11 PM

It is difficult to give an opinion not knowing what deck you are using.
Going by the TdM interpretation, I would say that your act was moved by right inspiration and motivation (The Sun), and it was just and maybe... due? Was it time for a payback?
It seems like you did not adress this offering to one spirit in particular, but rather to 'spirits' in general, maybe of a place, or with a general reference (eight of pentacles).
Ten of swords as an advice sounds weird. It sounds like this is telling you that your offering was well received, but that you could have chose a simpler approach. It is maybe suggesting that offerings are fine, but that there is still need to work on connection.
However, your loyalty was acknowledged and is appreciated, and it is a step towards building trust (ten of wands).

Aria

La strega è un frutto di terra. (M.)

#5 Izzie

Izzie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 06:47 PM

Thank you, that makes sense to me. I'm starting to think the land is asking for companionship? I think some outside meditation is due.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Tarot, divination