• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#21 Barsa

Barsa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 05:50 PM

Some Tarot Deck are Dark in nature and instead of using them as a Divination Tool, they can control and manipulate you with you even knowing it. Simple example is Someone might become obsessive with it due to the Deck, it will make the User feel uneasy or insecure without it, in time every single little things in life they feel a need to consult the deck, the deck can compel them to do things against their will or nature, some weak will and mind will fall into depression, have suicidal thoughts or even to extent of killing themselves. In the Media globally, there are many reported, unreported or unsolved cases of unnatural death due to influence of Tarot.

As a Novice or Seeker many are solitary or without guidance and when things happen they do not have any help. I am not saying everyone will be harmed in such ways however the possibility is very high to the unknowing novice or seeker, thats the danger of Witchcraft and towards other kind of Spiritual Practices. Even for healing light work can become dangerous or cause harm to One who are not doing it right, instead of sending healing energy, they are sending bad vibe or even draining their own core energy that lead to the weakening of their physical selves.

So the use of Tarot should be exercise with care. Just like not every reader can use every decks that are available in the Market. Such danger lurking or exclusion clauses are unspoken just like the use of certain drugs, their side effects are not mention or just mention briefly in few words. To each it's own, ultimately is your own choice and doing, nobody is to be blame for your own choice or action, your actions only need approval of your own.

This is a new perception to me. Though maybe it's different with playing cards, but I've never felt the danger before.

"Sweet are the uses of adversity, which, like the toad, ugly and venomous, wears yet a precious jewel in his head;
And this our life, exempt from public haunt, finds tongues in trees, books in the running brooks, sermons in stones, and good in every thing."

#22 OCEANOS

OCEANOS

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 06:01 PM

This is a new perception to me. Though maybe it's different with playing cards, but I've never felt the danger before.

Playing Cards are very safe because they relied on the Power of the User greatly or Spirit Servitor to check on stuffs Which Tarot Deck you use also makes a difference, Every Deck is different and their Source of Power also not the Same. Some are White, Some are Dark, Some are Grey if you want to classify them, A simple Traditional Deck can work wonders in the hand of a Powerful Worker while a Complicated Deck may not work as well, they grow with their Owner in a way.

"Some People Have A Gift For Stupidity, An Almost Mystic Ability To Withstand Any Form Of Logic"

output_dLSIE3.gif

#23 Belwenda

Belwenda

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 06:15 PM

New idea to me as well, I have a zillion decks, some I use more often than others- I think Tarot has a sense of humor, can be a bit cynical at times but for me, never has it been a doorway for letting something else in. I think it is all in the way one approaches the reading- where is the energy is coming from, you, something (one) else or the deck?
"For there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so" W.S.

#24 OCEANOS

OCEANOS

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 06:26 PM

New idea to me as well, I have a zillion decks, some I use more often than others- I think Tarot has a sense of humor, can be a bit cynical at times but for me, never has it been a doorway for letting something else in. I think it is all in the way one approaches the reading- where is the energy is coming from, you, something (one) else or the deck?

As i mentioned earlier every Deck is different. They can be a doorway to other realms as well. The Energy comes from the Reader, the Querent and the Deck for a Session to work with validity. Without the Reader to control and connect with the Deck, the Reader cannot provide any insightful details, without input of energy or approval from the querent, the Deck cannot tap, check or work in depth with the issue or query. Without the source of Power of the Deck, the Reader cannot see, tell or intepret any insightful details about the issue or query, it is simple as that.

I am sure you work and connect well with some decks but probably not all because there are limitation. Some are cynical some are evil some are funny, just like every sentient beings are individual, none is the same totally.

Wisdom not only open your eyes but also your mind and heart.

"Some People Have A Gift For Stupidity, An Almost Mystic Ability To Withstand Any Form Of Logic"

output_dLSIE3.gif

#25 Guest_monsnoleedra_*

Guest_monsnoleedra_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2015 - 06:27 PM

Playing Cards are very safe because they relied on the Power of the User greatly or Spirit Servitor to check on stuffs Which Tarot Deck you use also makes a difference, Every Deck is different and their Source of Power also not the Same. Some are White, Some are Dark, Some are Grey if you want to classify them, A simple Traditional Deck can work wonders in the hand of a Powerful Worker while a Complicated Deck may not work as well, they grow with their Owner in a way.

I saw that perception a lot back in the late 70's and into the 80's. While the Rider Waite deck was the most common then there were other decks available as well. Yet the Rider Waite deck was the safe deck to use and relied upon the reader to connect to the cards and pull in the imagery. Other decks were seen as dark and potentially possessing of the reader. In that capacity they held many of the "Taboo's" that were to be found and associated with using Ouija boards. I personally think that was one reason why a new reader always got their first deck as a used and experienced deck from a mentor or elder. They sort of judged the deck's spirit and attitude and ensured it was compatible with the new reader.

Have to admit I have not heard another practitioner use Grey, Black (dark) and White like you've seemed to suggest here in many years. Over the years it sort of went from the spirit you worked with being Grey, Black or White to practitioners intent being Grey (Self serving), Black (Self serving or harmful) and White (Helpful and for others as well as self serving)

#26 OCEANOS

OCEANOS

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 06:55 PM

I saw that perception a lot back in the late 70's and into the 80's. While the Rider Waite deck was the most common then there were other decks available as well. Yet the Rider Waite deck was the safe deck to use and relied upon the reader to connect to the cards and pull in the imagery. Other decks were seen as dark and potentially possessing of the reader. In that capacity they held many of the "Taboo's" that were to be found and associated with using Ouija boards. I personally think that was one reason why a new reader always got their first deck as a used and experienced deck from a mentor or elder. They sort of judged the deck's spirit and attitude and ensured it was compatible with the new reader.

Have to admit I have not heard another practitioner use Grey, Black (dark) and White like you've seemed to suggest here in many years. Over the years it sort of went from the spirit you worked with being Grey, Black or White to practitioners intent being Grey (Self serving), Black (Self serving or harmful) and White (Helpful and for others as well as self serving)

Well here is Traditional Witch Community, it is only natural and logical to share the Old Ways. Till today Rider Waite is still a popular deck but doesn't makes it any safer than other deck, this is the deck i deem as simple yet not without strength. My Deck is considered vintage and already retired for years, kept in it's original box.

By using such classification makes it easy to understand for anyone, it is not just Dark as night, white and fluffy or 50 shades of grey...

output_dLSIE3.gif

#27 Christine

Christine

Marsh Wiggle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 10:25 PM

You know, I heard often as a child that tarot work was dangerous in that way, but I gave credence to the notion. That was primarily due to the speakers being Baptists and Evangelicals, and generally without credibilty. If you had seen me with my first deck, you might have thought I was obsessed because I never had it more than a few feet away from me. I may have slept with it under my pillow at some point. I wore it for a while in a little sack at my belt.

Obsessed? Only if a diabetic is obsessed with insulin.

I had been vision-plagued for years. With the help of that focus I was finally able to have normal dreams. Tarot may very well have saved my life; certainly the quality improved. So, not that I want to ask such a dickish question, but has anyone personally known someone who has suffered from involvement in tarot divination? Or am I still hearing about somebody's best friend's sister's boyfriend's cousin, who's going with a girl who knows this guy that saw (person) pass out at 31 Flavors last night?

I mean of course I want it to be an urban legend, but if not then I would really like to know about that.

Edited by Christine, 03 May 2015 - 10:26 PM.

Don't drink from the river, drink from the well.

#28 Guest_monsnoleedra_*

Guest_monsnoleedra_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2015 - 10:55 PM

I have never personally known anyone to be touched by the "Dark Side" of things by using Tarot. Ouija usage yes but Tarot no.

I would add though that during the 70's and early 80's there was a lot of doing things opposite from Christianity, even saying the Lords Prayer Backward was advised in some books. I tend to think part of the "Dark Side" of things actually arose from trying to embrace that opposite aspect.

Edited by monsnoleedra, 03 May 2015 - 10:57 PM.

#29 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 11:16 PM

I'm wondering if any stories of being influenced, etc., by playing with a tarot deck may relate to using a pre-owned deck. I would think the average store-bought deck has been mass-produced on a printing press by men who are paid hourly and couldn't give a hoot about the tarot. But I think one picked up in a yard sale or the flea market, even if originally mass-produced, could have something attached to it depending on who used it, how much they interacted with it, and what they used it for. I have my teacher's old deck and her energy - and thereby thought process - is all over it.

M

#30 Guest_monsnoleedra_*

Guest_monsnoleedra_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2015 - 11:40 PM

I'm wondering if any stories of being influenced, etc., by playing with a tarot deck may relate to using a pre-owned deck. I would think the average store-bought deck has been mass-produced on a printing press by men who are paid hourly and couldn't give a hoot about the tarot. But I think one picked up in a yard sale or the flea market, even if originally mass-produced, could have something attached to it depending on who used it, how much they interacted with it, and what they used it for. I have my teacher's old deck and her energy - and thereby thought process - is all over it.

M

I'd think if the person had little to no knowledge of using tarot cards a used deck might be problematic. Yet I think taught practitioners, especially in the 70's and 80's always kept our cards in the void. Achieving that by keeping them in a black cloth inside a closed box. Not the actual deck box but a ceramic or wooden box that was lined and latched. I recall at the time many of us used red felt for the box lining and black cloth to wrap the cards in. Granted that is my experience so it might have been different for others.

#31 Caps

Caps

Phytokinesist

• Moderators
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 01:06 AM

M

===
Take it from me, you never know what goes on in manufacturing or what the workers are capable of doing.

"It is the still and silent sea that drowns a man." - Old Norse proverb

"It is better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war."

#32 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 01:13 AM

I do not know personally if tarot cards can be 'dark' or influence the user, but it would make sense. I think anything of that nature could have that effect on the right, or wrong, user. Sure, now they are mass produced, but that dose not mean they can not be imbued with power, or influenced by those who come in contact with them.

I have only used a handful of decks myself, and only one of those I use regularly and feel really comfortable with. That being said, I just gave in to my curiosity and ordered the daemon tarot today, we will see how that goes.

I would never use a deck that was previously owned, and I will not let anyone else use mine.
I also do something similar to what MonSno mentioned, wrap them in a black cloth and keep them in a wooden box. This helps protect the deck from outside influences.

My husband suspects that his deck may have been responsible for two car accidents. I don't know. The deck was in the car both times. Neither one of us think it feels malevolent or 'dark' ( I sometimes have different ideas about what 'dark' energy feels like then most people seem to though ) We are very careful now when we need to transport his cards. It is the Rider Waite deck too, so the one that is supposedly 'safe'. I really don't see why that one would be any safer then most mind you.

Edited for spelling, gah, why is it I only notice after I post?

Edited by Solanaceae, 04 May 2015 - 11:10 AM.

Some are born to sweet delight,

Some are born to endless night.

(Fragments from "Auguries of Innocence") William Blake

#33 OCEANOS

OCEANOS

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 02:26 AM

You know, I heard often as a child that tarot work was dangerous in that way, but I gave credence to the notion. That was primarily due to the speakers being Baptists and Evangelicals, and generally without credibilty. If you had seen me with my first deck, you might have thought I was obsessed because I never had it more than a few feet away from me. I may have slept with it under my pillow at some point. I wore it for a while in a little sack at my belt.

Obsessed? Only if a diabetic is obsessed with insulin.

I had been vision-plagued for years. With the help of that focus I was finally able to have normal dreams. Tarot may very well have saved my life; certainly the quality improved. So, not that I want to ask such a dickish question, but has anyone personally known someone who has suffered from involvement in tarot divination? Or am I still hearing about somebody's best friend's sister's boyfriend's cousin, who's going with a girl who knows this guy that saw (person) pass out at 31 Flavors last night?

I mean of course I want it to be an urban legend, but if not then I would really like to know about that.

That's so interesting when any religion is involved nothing new. Anything in the eyes of Religion can become Unholy depending on it's teaching and protocol, there is always 2 sides of the coin, It's like a Double edged Sword, you can use it for defence or use it to kill. Simple things are usually complicated by religions and human nature. They fear anything they do not understand, that's how witch hunting comes about, again i don't see a point to go on and on round the mulberry bush.

A Diabetic is not obsessed with insulin instead cannot live without insulin, there is a difference between a need and an obsession. Not only drugs even simple food can become a danger when fall into wrong hands, while some may think being vegan is good however many don't know that even as a vegan diet need to be balance in their selction of food inorder for the body to be healthy, an imbalance vegan diet can led to certain deficiency that is not only unhealthy for the physical body also in time can lead to physical issues like too much carrot makes your skin yellow, tooth and eye orange. It is evident in human nature to become obsessive in anything/anyone they like.

I am glad that Tarot save your life, sometime even a phone call can save a person life, One man's meat is another man's poison, every individual is different , none is the same. Old wive's tales are aloof, you are who you associate yourself with, birds of feathers flock together. There is no wave without a ripple, Urban Legends aplenty however there are always some truth in them for a reason.

I have never personally known anyone to be touched by the "Dark Side" of things by using Tarot. Ouija usage yes but Tarot no.

I would add though that during the 70's and early 80's there was a lot of doing things opposite from Christianity, even saying the Lords Prayer Backward was advised in some books. I tend to think part of the "Dark Side" of things actually arose from trying to embrace that opposite aspect.

Ouija is a form of communicating the other realms through contacting and inviting Spirits, it is different from Tarot. Tarot is not a Spirit but a Magickal Tool.

That's one of the few golden age of Satanism whereby the Devil is taking in new applicants and spreading his words around globally.

M

Pre-owned deck usually carries the energy of their previous owner and it will not work well for some if it don't response to you unless you cleanse and remove the attached energy and add your own to make it yours.

Your teacher's old deck with your link to her, you will be able to harness and use it by merging your own energy with it.

I'd think if the person had little to no knowledge of using tarot cards a used deck might be problematic. Yet I think taught practitioners, especially in the 70's and 80's always kept our cards in the void. Achieving that by keeping them in a black cloth inside a closed box. Not the actual deck box but a ceramic or wooden box that was lined and latched. I recall at the time many of us used red felt for the box lining and black cloth to wrap the cards in. Granted that is my experience so it might have been different for others.

There is always a difference in each individual practice, it may work well for you and not necessary for others, there is nothing wrong with that.

output_dLSIE3.gif

#34 OCEANOS

OCEANOS

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 02:37 AM

I do not know personally if tarot cards can be 'dark' or influence the user, but it would make sense. I think anything of that nature could have that effect on the right, or wrong, user. Sure, now they are mass produced, but that dose not mean they can not be imbued with power, or influenced by those who come in contact with them.

I have only used a handful of decks myself, and only one of those I use regularly and feel really comfortable with. That being said, I just gave in to my curiousity and ordered the daemon tarot today, we will see how that goes.

I would never use a deck that was previously owned, and I will not let anyone else use mine.
I also do something similar to what MonSno mentioned, wrap them in a black cloth and keep them in a wooden box. This helps protect the deck from outside influnces.

My husband suspects that his deck may have been responsible for two car accidents. I don't know. The deck was in the car both times. Neither one of us think it feels manevolent or 'dark' ( I sometimes have different ideas about what 'dark' energy feels like then most people seem to though ) We are very careful now when we need to transport his cards. It is the Rider Waite deck too, so the one that is supposedly 'safe'. I really don't see why that one would be any safer then most mind you.

Hope you are happy when your order arrives, this Deck is moderately priced, physical quality is acceptable but not fabulous.

output_dLSIE3.gif

#35 Guest_monsnoleedra_*

Guest_monsnoleedra_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2015 - 02:53 PM

Just an aside note but I am curious why you'd want a deck of cards with supporting imagery and meaning that is derived from biblical created demonic forces? Now nothing against Christianity or how many of the so called goetia demon's are the demonized gods of earlier middle eastern gods / goddesses.

It's called a daemon deck yet it sure as heck doesn't show the typical Hellenic Daemon as the Agathos Daemon (good or helpful Spirit) or the Kakodaemon (evil or harmful spirit). While the Christian term Demon is based off of the term Daemon they are quite different. Even the workings with demonic entities under the Demonology (study of demons and demonic theory) and Demonolatry (working with demonic forces) headings is very different from the common Hellene definition of Daemon and how you work with them.

#36 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 03:32 PM

Good point MonSno. As far as I can tell, and according to reviews of this deck, it is misnamed. I have no idea why the author chose to call it that. It seems demon tarot would be more accurate, and it isn't really a tarot deck either. It is apparently based on the 1863 edition of the infernal dictionary with its illustrations by painter Louis La Breton. So ya, more like the Goetic demons. I do enjoy me some Goetic demons! I am curious and won't be content until I check it out lol.

#37 Christine

Christine

Marsh Wiggle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 03:33 PM

The original poster mentioned that the imagery was a big factor. I'm not a collector, but I do have a deck that I acquired on that basis. I keep it to look at, not to see with. (The Dali tarot, which gibbers when it doesn't snark. I... can't say that was a surprise.) Some people do collect decks, just to have them as art, or artefacts, or to get a different perspective.

The word, Daemon, has become a very intriguing word in modern English, almost a Caterpillar's utterance. It really needs to be properly embedded in rich context before the speaker's intended gloss is revealed. I mean, dude, you know?

Don't drink from the river, drink from the well.

#38 OCEANOS

OCEANOS

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 04:34 PM

The original poster mentioned that the imagery was a big factor. I'm not a collector, but I do have a deck that I acquired on that basis. I keep it to look at, not to see with. (The Dali tarot, which gibbers when it doesn't snark. I... can't say that was a surprise.) Some people do collect decks, just to have them as art, or artefacts, or to get a different perspective.

The word, Daemon, has become a very intriguing word in modern English, almost a Caterpillar's utterance. It really needs to be properly embedded in rich context before the speaker's intended gloss is revealed. I mean, dude, you know?

The Dali Tarot is way better than this Daemon Tarot, It is strong, dark and cynical, I love this deck, great for Spiritual Issues however this deck is not for everyone as it is very draining. It snark and give headache to those that cannot harness, control or use it.

output_dLSIE3.gif

#39 Guest_monsnoleedra_*

Guest_monsnoleedra_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2015 - 05:03 PM

Good point MonSno. As far as I can tell, and according to reviews of this deck, it is misnamed. I have no idea why the author chose to call it that. It seems demon tarot would be more accurate, and it isn't really a tarot deck either. It is apparently based on the 1863 edition of the infernal dictionary with its illustrations by painter Louis La Breton. So ya, more like the Goetic demons. I do enjoy me some Goetic demons! I am curious and won't be content until I check it out lol.

If I followed gut instinct it's to capture the nostalgic look upon things Greek and what it suggests while hiding the Christian / Grimore source of origin. You can sell more things to pagans by masking it in history than equating it to Satanism, Demonology, Demonaultry. Especially given how so many claim to be pagan / occultist yet cling so desperately to Christian morality, dogma, etc in their world view of things, especially evil.

#40 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 05:20 PM

The Dali Tarot is way better than this Daemon Tarot, It is strong, dark and cynical, I love this deck, great for Spiritual Issues however this deck is not for everyone as it is very draining. It snark and give headache to those that cannot harness, control or use it.

I do love Salvidor Dali, but this is your opinion. The Dali deck is a more traditional tarot deck, not really comparable. I will make my own decisions on the matter of course, thank you very much.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Oracle deck, demon, divination