• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 Izzie

Izzie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 11:39 AM

Ok so the Demon Tarot isn't really a tarot deck. It's an oracle deck with 72 demons, some from the Lesser Key of Solomon and some from other grimoires. I think the deck is really about human nature, and what humans can learn from demons or knowledgeable spirits (daemon). There is a witch in the deck, the Brooms card. That card seems to be about travel and spiritual cleansing.

Has anyone else used this deck, and are the results accurate?

Know thyself means this, that you get acquainted with what you know, and what you can do.- Menander

#2 ClockworkGhost

ClockworkGhost

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 12:04 PM

The one I can find on Aeclectic Tarot has only 69 cards, so it's missing a couple of demons. I don't like the way it feels either - it looks almost disrespectful somehow? I know it's all classical imagery, but I'd prefer a system that used seals instead of perceived images of the demons themselves. Aeclectic Tarot doesn't think that highly of it either - it got 3/5. That said, the reviewers at Aeclectic tend to favour the more classical decks, so I dunno...
'The way to do is to be' - Lao Tzu

#3 Izzie

Izzie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 12:27 PM

It seems controversial so it piqued my curiosity. Only time will tell I guess! I also have the Fallen Angel oracle deck and it seems to have good ratings. I love the gothic art on them too, and it's cemetery art at that so that's a double plus for me.
Know thyself means this, that you get acquainted with what you know, and what you can do.- Menander

#4 Wexler

Wexler

Something wrong? Blame retrograde

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 03:34 AM

I picked this deck up today.

It had a crazy energy coming from it. I pulled a few cards and ended up having to ask several things to leave... I guess you would call it, awareness(es)?

When I asked them to leave it was indicated to me that I should not have bought the deck unless I was interested in forming a relationship with the entities it depicted.

I'm not sure if finals stress is now actually driving me crazy, or what. But I set the deck aside. Everyone keep your fingers crossed that I won't be asking for help with a Goetic demon infestation in a few days...

'Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.'

'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.'

[avatar source]

#5 Ravenshaw

Ravenshaw

Life is good

• Moderators
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 04:34 AM

Wex- protect, protect, protect. Maybe get rid of the deck? Fuck that

RSKHFMY

#6 Caps

Caps

Phytokinesist

• Moderators
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 09:42 AM

Wow, Wex
...I can make a suggestion that may help temporarily
I don't know what is in the deck but seek out any card that depicts Hadad/Zeus, will likely be depicted as a bull with a beard and a lightning bolt if depicted correctly. See if that card will help you temporarily gain dominion over the deck until you determine a different course of action.

"It is the still and silent sea that drowns a man." - Old Norse proverb

"It is better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war."

#7 Izzie

Izzie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 06:08 PM

Yikes, that is scary as fuck. Funny thing, I did not end up keeping the deck. I returned it. The deck just never resonated with me like I'd hoped.

#8 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 01:38 PM

I wasn't really that interested in this deck, but I think I am now, is that bad lol? Do you guys think that all these decks would have this quality or was this one specially imbued somehow? Do you mind if I ask where you got it from Wexler?

I am not meaning to make light of your situation by the way Wex, I am sure that experience must have been disconcerting to say the least. I think Caps gives good advice if you are wanting to attempt to work with the deck again. Stress does make us all more susceptible. Perhaps keep it aside until you feel better able to work with it?
A Goetic demon infestation dose not sound like fun. I remember a while back I got my hands on a certain text. Simply reading it (no, not out loud!) was enough to bring things sniffing around. After I finished the book the activity died down. Hopefully they will back off if they see you are not interested.

Some are born to sweet delight,

Some are born to endless night.

(Fragments from "Auguries of Innocence") William Blake

#9 bewitchingredhead

bewitchingredhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 05:10 AM

I wasn't really that interested in this deck, but I think I am now, is that bad lol? Do you guys think that all these decks would have this quality or was this one specially imbued somehow? Do you mind if I ask where you got it from Wexler?

I am not meaning to make light of your situation by the way Wex, I am sure that experience must have been disconcerting to say the least. I think Caps gives good advice if you are wanting to attempt to work with the deck again. Stress does make us all more susceptible. Perhaps keep it aside until you feel better able to work with it?
A Goetic demon infestation dose not sound like fun. I remember a while back I got my hands on a certain text. Simply reading it (no, not out loud!) was enough to bring things sniffing around. After I finished the book the activity died down. Hopefully they will back off if they see you are not interested.

Lol- You're now interested in the deck and I'm interested in what you read! :tongue:

I see you're getting your degree in art of the obvious~myself
Without music life would be a mistake~ Friedrich Nietzsche
Immorality: The morality of those who are having a better time~ H.L. Mencken
When nature has work to be done, she creates a genius to do it~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
We cannot teach people anything; we can only help them discover it within themselves~ Galileo

#10 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 01:02 PM

Lol- You're now interested in the deck and I'm interested in what you read! :tongue:

I can pm you if you like. I am not going to post it here for a few reasons. The methods used within it are apparently not safe by most standards, so I don't want to encourage its use to the general public. Also, I don't really want to engage in a public conversation about it.

Some are born to sweet delight,

Some are born to endless night.

(Fragments from "Auguries of Innocence") William Blake

#11 Eidolon

Eidolon

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 11:37 PM

I've had this deck for a while. i got it mostly for art reference so I haven't used it as an oracle yet. But that sounds very interesting Wex. Hope you get that handled the way you want.

#12 Wexler

Wexler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 03:44 AM

I found myself with a burning curiosity to explore the cards, so I chose to pass the deck off to an understanding friend until I'm prepared to deal with it.

I did not find the experience to be very unsettling, fortunately it was no my first run-in with spirits. They did not seem malicious towards me at all, more like, "why did you invite us here if you didn't want to talk?"

One did not leave like the rest. I think it was testing how I would react. I firmly told it to leave and it did after a short staring contest. I really wanted to go back through the deck to figure out who it was because I saw him clearly, but I had just agreed with the daemons that I would not bother the deck until I wanted them back.

Since then I have had no trouble.

Also I picked it up off the shelf from Barnes and Noble, which is a corporate book store. It was the same price as on Amazon so I picked it up right away.

Edited by Wexler, 02 May 2015 - 03:45 AM.

[avatar source]

#13 Lilitia

Lilitia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 05:29 AM

I rather enjoy the entities of the Goetia, especially the more I get to know them. Sallos and Dontalion are a couple of my favorites to work with, but one has to really be prepared for what working with these entities entails. This is applicable even in the most mundane of settings, such as using an artist's rendering of them as an oracle. It can be scary as fuck if you're not prepared. However, if one finds this type of entity to be a personal "fit" for them, as I do in some cases, then my best advice is lots of research in order to prevent being utterly horrified if the daemons choose to show themself to you. And I don't get all John Dee crizazy with it and go burning sigils and making demands, yelling and cursing them in Enochian (or Hebrew or Latin), that only pisses them off. I try to be respectful. These entities are super powerful and scary, and the gateways unlocked by them are indeed terrible and beautiful all at once. Do approach this deck with caution.
My mama used to tell me 'bout these
Broke, poachin' ass bitches in these streets,
So many people wanna see me fall,
Invite me to the table but don't want me to eat at all.... ---- Z'Ro the Crooked

#14 Izzie

Izzie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 01:43 PM

I've not done any goetic work and I don't feel ready for it, but I too felt this deck calling to me at first.

#15 westofthemoon

westofthemoon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 04:30 PM

I don't think I'm ready to evoke a Goetic demon, but now I have to see the art for this deck. B&N you say? Hmm. We have one in our town but it's overrun with angel decks (no thanks, not messing with those either, but that's a rant for another day).
Wouldst thou like to Live Deliciously? ~ "The VVitch"

Say what you know, do what you must, come what may.

#16 OCEANOS

OCEANOS

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 03:57 PM

Ok so the Demon Tarot isn't really a tarot deck. It's an oracle deck with 72 demons, some from the Lesser Key of Solomon and some from other grimoires. I think the deck is really about human nature, and what humans can learn from demons or knowledgeable spirits (daemon). There is a witch in the deck, the Brooms card. That card seems to be about travel and spiritual cleansing.

Has anyone else used this deck, and are the results accurate?

Posted Image

You mean "The Daemon Tarot", I just got this deck recently, personally i don't find this deck as Dark as it's Title. For this deck to work it will need Consecration Ritual, The deck itself doesn't possess much of the energy supposedly as it's title perhaps because the Maker of this deck is not of such Dark Powers. Personally i feel this deck will be more useful in Ritual Work rather than a divination tool of any kind even as oracle. Anyway this is just my opinon about this particular deck, i was kind of disappointed after i got this one but i will have use for it in time.

"Some People Have A Gift For Stupidity, An Almost Mystic Ability To Withstand Any Form Of Logic"

output_dLSIE3.gif

#17 Wexler

Wexler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 04:06 PM

Posted Image

You mean "The Daemon Tarot", I just got this deck recently, personally i don't find this deck as Dark as it's Title. For this deck to work it will need Consecration Ritual, The deck itself doesn't possess much of the energy supposedly as it's title perhaps because the Maker of this deck is not of such Dark Powers. Personally i feel this deck will be more useful in Ritual Work rather than a divination tool of any kind even as oracle. Anyway this is just my opinon about this particular deck, i was kind of disappointed after i got this one but i will have use for it in time.

What is a Consecration Ritual? Do all tarot decks need it?

[avatar source]

#18 OCEANOS

OCEANOS

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 04:58 PM

What is a Consecration Ritual? Do all tarot decks need it?

Well any Consecration or Dedication Ritual you are familliar with will do.

Nope, it is not necessary, all Tarot Decks possess their own unique energy and source of Power, they work at different levels depending on the User ability to harness, control and connect to their source of Power to work, they are more than just a divination tool, their uses are unlimited, the only limit is the Power of the Deck and the Power of the User. Every Tarot is alive in it's own way and they work at different levels, some are good for mundane issues only while some can work for all issues, I dont see a need to go on with this as it is too in depth to be explained in mere few words.

I do not recommend Tarot as a divination tool for the novice or seekers of any spiritual path as they are not simple and easy to deal with, can be more of a danger than aid. At times it can be more of the Deck manipulating the User rather than the User using the deck. Oracle Cards is more easy to work with as they are generally more White and Fluffy however they have limited abilities in their uses.

"Some People Have A Gift For Stupidity, An Almost Mystic Ability To Withstand Any Form Of Logic"

output_dLSIE3.gif

#19 ArcticWitch

ArcticWitch

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 05:11 PM

I do not recommend Tarot as a divination tool for the novice or seekers of any spiritual path as they are not simple and easy to deal with, can be more of a danger than aid. At times it can be more of the Deck manipulating the User rather than the User using the deck..

----
What specific dangers do you feel tarot cards pose to the novice?

#20 OCEANOS

OCEANOS

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 05:39 PM

----
What specific dangers do you feel tarot cards pose to the novice?

Some Tarot Deck are Dark in nature and instead of using them as a Divination Tool, they can control and manipulate you with you even knowing it. Simple example is Someone might become obsessive with it due to the Deck, it will make the User feel uneasy or insecure without it, in time every single little things in life they feel a need to consult the deck, the deck can compel them to do things against their will or nature, some weak will and mind will fall into depression, have suicidal thoughts or even to extent of killing themselves. In the Media globally, there are many reported, unreported or unsolved cases of unnatural death due to influence of Tarot.

As a Novice or Seeker many are solitary or without guidance and when things happen they do not have any help. I am not saying everyone will be harmed in such ways however the possibility is very high to the unknowing novice or seeker, thats the danger of Witchcraft and towards other kind of Spiritual Practices. Even for healing light work can become dangerous or cause harm to One who are not doing it right, instead of sending healing energy, they are sending bad vibe or even draining their own core energy that lead to the weakening of their physical selves.

So the use of Tarot should be exercise with care. Just like not every reader can use every decks that are available in the Market. Such danger lurking or exclusion clauses are unspoken just like the use of certain drugs, their side effects are not mention or just mention briefly in few words. To each it's own, ultimately is your own choice and doing, nobody is to be blame for your own choice or action, your actions only need approval of your own.

output_dLSIE3.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Oracle deck, demon, divination