Sleepy Hollow & The Witches of Eastwick

Jaime

Hex me if you want...I loved these movies. Johnny Depp was brillant and oh, all the squirts of blood to the face that Tim Burton made him suffer through!!

Who makes a better devil than Jack Nicholson? Who I ask you??

Jaime

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Christopher Walkin looks like he's got bodies buried in his back yard, LOL.

He's great.

Loved Sleepy Hollow, watched it several times. The Fresian horse Walkin was riding was a total bad ass...I want him of course:cool:

Witches of Eastwick was pretty good too.

I still like Hocus Pocus, it just cracks me up.

I love Sleepy Hollow...it did get away from the original story though but nontheless I loved it...never really could get into The Witches of Eastwick, maybe someday.

Guest Maiingan

Oh I love these movies. Sleepy Hollow was on the other night. I wish I could have watched it all, but it ended at like 1:00am or something like that. I couldn't stay up that long (I have two kids under 3). I also love Witches of Eastwick. My mom showed me that movie when I was younger and loved it since.

• 3 weeks later...

Hocus Pocus is soo funny! I just love that dead guy they send off to get the kids. The way he moves and stuff is alot like Depp in Edward Scissorhands. :)

And Tim Burton + Depp is the best combination the world has ever seen, a film by Burton with Depp in it just cant be bad! Never! :D

Guest SleepingMoon

Any one been to Sleepy Hollow? Plan on going with some friends Halloween/Samhain weekend and wondered if there are any specific spots we should see? Also, I loved Hocus Pocus as well. They had to have a blast making that movie!!

Sleeping Moon

Really liked Sleepy Hollow! Love Depp and Burton. Walken is sooo good at being bad. It's his voice and facial expressions. He'll smile with a really evil glint in he's eyes when he's doing bad, and grimace when he has to do good! lol

I was worried about this thread as I really like both of these movies and I thought "Here I go, they aren't going to like my answer to this one" and then it turned out that I am with the majority. Who would have thought it! Or "thunk it" as my Mom says.

Hehe :) Yea alot of people seem to like those films. I think Witches of Eastwick could have been better, but i understand that some like it more than others.

New Burton-Depp film on its way out by the way, Sweeney Todd! Maybe not so witchy, but with a very dead-looking demon barber in it. And Depp will be singing for the first time on screen! :O Looking forward to it. :)

Hehe :) Yea alot of people seem to like those films. I think Witches of Eastwick could have been better, but i understand that some like it more than others.

New Burton-Depp film on its way out by the way, Sweeney Todd! Maybe not so witchy, but with a very dead-looking demon barber in it. And Depp will be singing for the first time on screen! :O Looking forward to it. :)

Say Johnny Depp and I'm there. :flirt:Le sigh!

I heard a rumour that when Witches of Eastwick was in production, some Wiccan organisation sent information packs to the three main actresses. They were trying to get them to portray witches in a more 'positive' way. I'm so glad the film people ignored them!!! Loved the film. ;)

• 4 months later...

Witches of Eastwick is one that keeps me giggling. I enjoy the spontanaity of the characters. (perhaps its because I find a bit of myself within each of the leading characters) This is one I've had on my shelves for years.

• 2 weeks later...

I liked the Witches of Eastwick!

While Jack was the PERFECT casting for the devil, I liked the fact that the women came in to their own and kicked his butt. Even though they had to remain vigilant that "daddy" would be around, They really needed that. To keep up their protection! Hmmm, isn't that something we ALL must do?

Hey Dark Phoenix,

I've never been to the old Dutch Cemetery but We plan to go there in late spring or early summer.

I am sure you will love it. Especially in the Spring or early summer...Its beautiful in the fall too.

Archived