9 replies to this topic

#1 Palemoon

Palemoon

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 03:36 PM

As some may remember, I'm estranged from my sister who is the biggest cow in the universe.
Today I heard through the grapevine that she is embarking on a risky financial venture, unbelievable risky tbh. I thought I'd see what the cards have to say about the outcome, and did a four card spread.
The cards that came up were

1. Queen of cups - reversed
2. Magician - reversed
3. 3 of swords - reversed
4. 5 of swords - reversed

I fully admit I hope it falls flat and she gets screwed over for all the horrible stuff she did to my dying mum and me, so I was quite pleased she had such a crappy show of cards. However I did think for all four cards to be reversed was odd. Do you think that the cards are giving a fair reading or am I being blocked?

#2 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 04:58 PM

Hard to say, but you had prejudices before you did the reading, which is not good for getting accurate results and interpretations when it comes to laying and reading the cards.

#3 Anara

Anara

aspire beyond fear of death (Bhairavi)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 06:30 PM

Hard to say, but you had prejudices before you did the reading, which is not good for getting accurate results and interpretations when it comes to laying and reading the cards.

IMO I think AM might be on to something here.

Ever since I read this post and saw the cards you pulled this morning, I kept intuitively feeling like you & your influence, Palemoon, were all over these cards -and that confused me a bit. I couldn't put my finger on why or how. Reading AMs response makes sense to me.

Maybe have someone else whom you trust do a fresh reading for you, for clarity?

Edited by Anara, 27 January 2015 - 06:31 PM.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always long to return." ~ Leonardo Da Vinci

#4 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 01:34 AM

IMO I think AM might be on to something here.

Ever since I read this post and saw the cards you pulled this morning, I kept intuitively feeling like you & your influence, Palemoon, were all over these cards -and that confused me a bit. I couldn't put my finger on why or how. Reading AMs response makes sense to me.

Maybe have someone else whom you trust do a fresh reading for you, for clarity?

______
Yes.

Palemoon, Why the reading. Since your sister's action's were so bad, why not just hex her, since you think she deserves to miserably fail.

#5 westofthemoon

westofthemoon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 12:35 PM

______
Palemoon, Why the reading. Since your sister's action's were so bad, why not just hex her, since you think she deserves to miserably fail.

^This; and:
I don't do reversals, so I'm not much help here. You should read again when you are feeling more detached, or not at all. She sounds toxic, and by reading about her you're just letting yourself get sucked into all that.

Wouldst thou like to Live Deliciously? ~ "The VVitch"

Say what you know, do what you must, come what may.

#6 RoseRed

RoseRed

. . . Not a big believer in . . . cowinkydink ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 07:36 PM

I had a discussion on another forum about the reader being able to influence the cards and it being a self reading instead of an actual reading of someone else. It happens sometimes.

I think a fresh read or another reader altogether is a good idea. It's hard to be objective when you're so close to the situation.

Do you have a tarot journal? When I first started I would write down each reading, the impressions, extras, whatever I felt at the time. When I went back 6 months and a year later I was amazed that the cards were dead on - I had no objectivity while doing the reading. When I'm in the middle of something I have my friends read for me.

Sometimes, I'll even do a spread and have several people read it. It's amazing how differently people read and come to their conclusions.

When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#7 Palemoon

Palemoon

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:23 AM

Thanks for the responses. I haven't placed a hex on her because I truly thought if I sat back then the fates would take care of it. Well apparently that hasn't happened, and yes it does bother me. I thought there would be karma coming back at her!

#8 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 12:18 PM

I have seen many a time where bad behaviour is rewarded, and good behaviour is punished? Best to deal out consequences yourself.

Karma, in the western conception of it, is a distorted eastern philosophy. The concept itself, is I think, a way for the mind to rationalize why bad things happen to good people, and 'that bad people will get there's in the next life time', if you believe in reincarnation. Reincarnation and karma seem to go hand in hand.

#9 ClockworkGhost

ClockworkGhost

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 04:25 AM

Okay, I'm going to offer my opinion regarding this from two perspectives, first as a linear progression from the past to the future, then as a collection of key points which build an insight into the message as a whole.

First, here is the way I view each card within isolation:

The Queen of Cups (Reversed) teaches us to treat ourselves with love and compassion - it says that you are worthy of love and respect. As it is a court card, it may represent an actual woman in your life whose loving energy may have turned to anger.

The Magician (Reversed) suggests that you may be overlooking certain synchronicities which may be pointing you in the direction you most want to and need to go. In its reversed position, The Magician indicates that you could be doubting yourself unnecessarily and causing yourself, and those around you, problems as a result.

The Three of Swords (Reversed) indicates a degree of disappointment. This does not necessarily mean something major or life-shattering, just that something that you hoped for may not come through as you would have preferred.

The Five of Swords (Reversed) is the card of power struggles and conflicts. As they say, pick your battles. Not everything is worth fighting for or about. Consider your priorities and the things that matter most to you. When people are mean and abusive to you, the best way to fight back is to not let them get to you.

Okay, following a linear pattern for a reading of the progression of events, this draw of cards reads as follows:

Your sister (QoC-R) is doing something you wish you yourself could do - venturing forth into paths unknown, itself an act of extreme bravery. Your feelings regarding her are causing you to miss this synchronicity (M-R) between your own desire to take great risks which may lead to great rewards, and her actual pursuit of it, even in such a risky way. You obviously don't want her to be so foolish (3oS), as she is your sister (no matter what you ultimately think of her), and this insane act of hers is causing you much grief (5oS) as you are viewing it almost as a personal insult to your family as a whole.

When all four cards are viewed as one, this is simply you projecting your own anger into the tarot - your divination has become clouded by your own emotions, and instead of picking up the events which will unfold from your sisters actions it has told you how you feel about her and what she is doing.

This is simply my observation of the cards themselves - I am in no way saying that this is what I think of you, as I have only been on this forum a couple of days and don't personally know you.

Edited by ClockworkGhost, 19 February 2015 - 04:28 AM.

'The way to do is to be' - Lao Tzu

#10 ClockworkGhost

ClockworkGhost

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 05:00 AM

Meh, Titivillus obviously doesn't the forum to show my post above - how strange, the forum doesn't recognise that the thread has been updated... :witch_bounce:
'The way to do is to be' - Lao Tzu