• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#41 ErinnAinsley

ErinnAinsley

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 08:18 PM

Erinn, never forget that someone might be trans; no pendulum reading for my gender has ever worked when it only included the gender binary as options.

Also, I've found that the materials used do have an effect on your pendulum's accuracy, regardless of your associations with those materials. My first pendulum was a charm with a poorly constructed rune on it, dangling from a cord. It's accuracy has never been above 20%. In a biology class I took a few years ago, we made necklaces containing our DNA; that one is 100%, but only when answering questions about my body and well-being. Another one I have is a cartouche depicting Anubis, and its terrible when I'm not asking for help with judging my decisions.

The possibility actually crossed my mind but given my other "successes" or lack thereof I figured it was more likely my disability to work with the pendulum lol..but certainly something to remember if I do attempt it seriously again.

The one I made has jade, as the main piece. I don't know if that has any bearing on the function of the pendulum, it just seemed like a nice idea, to have that particular piece as part of my first pendulum.
I really like the idea of using DNA somehow for pendulum used for personal and body related questions. That would be something worth trying, I'm sure.
Is there a particular area/ purpose that the Anubis pendulum functions well with?

#42 odalibuc

odalibuc

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 04:45 PM

I use it mainly when I'm worried about someone's intentions, or when trying to make a difficult decision. Anubis weighs the hearts of men against the feather of Ma'at, and I feel like he's been present in my life for a while. When I don't feel like something is important enough to take directly to him, I usually use it to get a sense of other people's intentions or the merit of a decision, or do a tarot reading regarding potential choices and use the pendulum as a "final answer" kind of thing once I know the options and possible consequences; it helps with figuring things out beyond what they cards can say.

#43 ErinnAinsley

ErinnAinsley

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 07:01 PM

Oh okay. Very interesting, sounds sensible. I don't have a presence or connection with Anubis that I'm aware of but I mean for someone who does, it seems especially sensible, anyhow.

#44 odalibuc

odalibuc

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 09:53 PM

The funny thing is, I bought it before I was aware of his presence in the time period where my craft was on the back burner. It was a sign, I guess.

#45 Aronses

Aronses

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 01:41 AM

For me I used a pocket watch I carried around and it worked decently well. I say correct fairly over half the time, and what kind of question didn't make a difference. I didn't think there would ever be a reason a simple object would be more inclined to a different set of questions. But I suppose when you start inscribing images or symbols or whatnot on them they start to have their preferences.

#46 odalibuc

odalibuc

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 01:46 AM

I get the feeling that any major perceptions/associations with the materials used have a subconscious influence on the pendulum. Or maybe some types of crystals are better than others at using what you give them to give you an answer, and if you use something that depicts a god it's easier for them to help influence the pendulum as well when its their area of expertise (if you are a religious kind of person).

#47 mudang

mudang

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 06:51 PM

I distrust pendulums quite a bit. They're too easily manipulated by the smallest movement on the user's part.

I find using dice in their place much more reliable.

Edited by mudang, 06 May 2016 - 06:52 PM.

Call me Mivi.

Korean Shaman-Priest (무당)

Schedule 신점 (divination), 기도 (prayerwork), 굿 (grand ceremonies)!

Fundraiser for Temple Room

"Money can move the gods."

#48 odalibuc

odalibuc

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 02:26 AM

That sounds interesting; I don't know much about using dice that way. How does it work?

#49 mudang

mudang

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 03:31 AM

Ah, you simply roll! :) On a flat, even surface, the dice has the truest "randomized" outcomes, and is thus easiest influenced by whoever you're trying to talk to to answer through it - whether that be gods, misc. spirits, ancestors, Spirit/Universe, etc.

Some people use dice as their primary divination. I like to use mine purely for yes/no and cards for more detailed responses.

Call me Mivi.

#50 Mistflower

Mistflower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 09:10 AM

I distrust pendulums quite a bit. They're too easily manipulated by the smallest movement on the user's part.
e.

-------------------
Yes I remember being told this so we would try and hang the pendulum from something to make it work like that, but we couldn't!
We used to go round the house finding out the gender of inanimate objects. I guess we were bored.

Quick, said the bird, find them, find them,
Round the corner. Through the first gate

The Four Quartets by T.S. Eliot

#51 PapaGheny

PapaGheny

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 02:22 PM

According to my customs it is the energy of the diviner that moves the pendulum. Spirits, gods, or whomever is aiding in the answer, affects the diviner's energy to influence the out come. At times the diviner may shield themselves from influence to gain insight from their subcutaneous or inner self. So in many cases it is the diviner affecting the moment but that is how it should work. An adage in learning to use it was “Somewhere in there you already know this just gives that bit a voice” or as I heard more than once “Shut your mouth and let your smart bits talk!”.

In cases where it is not held the energy of the diviner is radiate to it, and as the physicists point out so is your breath and the air from the environment. Still not a concern as you should be influencing it in unconscious ways. The passed few years I have only used a set up that is hanging and not held with pretty good results. I have been musing over the idea of building one in a isolated system like a vacuum tube just to how that gos.

Don't thinking I'm arguing or telling how it is. I just thought I would share some of my ways of it.

Now, dice I've heard of folk using but never worked with. It sounds great. I'm curious if the interpretation is often intuitive or based on a numerology? I would think yes/no would be even/odd?

#52 mudang

mudang

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 03:24 PM

Right, exactly. I don't use numerology and just use yes/no for even/odd as in my tradition, even shows 음 (yin) and odd shows 양 (yang).

Call me Mivi.

#53 PapaGheny

PapaGheny

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 07:42 PM

That's sounds great Mudang, I believe I may try to start working with them. Thank you for sharing this.

#54 odalibuc

odalibuc

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 09:05 PM

I'm also interested in trying. I'm sure I still have some of my tabletop dice somewhere... it would be interesting to see what would come from using a d8, d10, or d20 instead of the standard d6.

#55 mudang

mudang

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 11:14 PM

You're very welcome~ I love my d20. I have a d8 and d12 for my computer area as well. x)

Call me Mivi.

#56 Turncoat

Turncoat

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 03:15 AM

Nice to meet a fellow dice and tosser. I have had no good results through pendulum reading, but I use dice nearly every time before going to the playing cards. Got a metal fudge die for very simple yes/no response requests, and a d8 for when there could be a bit of a spectrum involved. Love em!

Tell me strange things.

#57 mudang

mudang

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 07:12 AM

They're very versatile and adaptable to your own methods! I even carry own two mini d6 in my purse if I need to do a quick divination while out haha!

Call me Mivi.

#58 odalibuc

odalibuc

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 03:25 PM

That's really cool. Different methods are good for different people, I guess. I've tried using the dice for simple things to test the waters, but so far haven't gotten much. Maybe they're mad at me for never finishing a game. Ah well, time will tell if this is something that will work out for me but until then, all I can do is try.

#59 AuroraBaenSidhe

AuroraBaenSidhe

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 06:12 PM

For me this largely depends on how invested I am in the question and what it's answer is. For instance, I don't trust my pendulum for questions regarding myself but for questions regarding others it works reliably. I find the tarot to give less 'influenced' guidance.

#60 Merianna

Merianna

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 08:31 PM

I love using my pendelums! I have 3 i use, a green crystal one i don't know what kind of crystal it is (use for general divinations), petrified wood one (for more formal divinations), and a clear qwartz one (for more majic related divinations), all 3 of which are tied or screwed to a silver chain.
I found that 'tuning' them in is a good step to do first before you ask any meaningful questions. By requesting it to show you the answer for yes and no. Or telling it to go in circles for yes/no and vice versa.

I also found thay pendulums don't work 100% if someone else has touched them or when they have been corrupted by other energies. So regularly cleansing it and tuning it is what i recomend when using a pendulum of any sort.