• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#21 OCEANOS

OCEANOS

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 05:02 PM

An aside comment that has nothing to do with the thread.

Can you please change the color of your font? That dark blue upon the blue gray background is almost unreadable. Have to highlight it in order to read it myself. Anything that might have been of value gets lost in that we either have to change it our simply pass it by.

My Apologies, Blue has been my signature color for decades, i overlook it cannot work well against our community board. I will just leave out the color.

"Some People Have A Gift For Stupidity, An Almost Mystic Ability To Withstand Any Form Of Logic"

output_dLSIE3.gif

#22 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 05:21 PM

The black on grey is really bad too...

#23 Guest_monsnoleedra_*

Guest_monsnoleedra_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2015 - 06:12 PM

My Apologies, Blue has been my signature color for decades, i overlook it cannot work well against our community board. I will just leave out the color.

Thank you. Makes it much easier to read.

#24 OCEANOS

OCEANOS

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 03:07 AM

The black on grey is really bad too...

Thank you. Makes it much easier to read.

You are most welcome Monsnoleedra.

So what color do you suggest? By leaving out the color doesn't makes reading easier for replies to quoted post as far as i am concerned maybe dark purple work better?

"Some People Have A Gift For Stupidity, An Almost Mystic Ability To Withstand Any Form Of Logic"

output_dLSIE3.gif

#25 Guest_monsnoleedra_*

Guest_monsnoleedra_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2015 - 01:48 PM

You are most welcome Monsnoleedra.

So what color do you suggest? By leaving out the color doesn't makes reading easier for replies to quoted post as far as i am concerned maybe dark purple work better?

Truthfully I seldom make suggestions about color as I find the default works best with the multiple skins a site may utilize. Then factor in that a lot of sites reserve various colors and shades or hues of that color for usage to denote Admin or Moderator backed thread guidance, corrections or policy purposes. I tend to avoid the red's as that is typically a moderator color same as orange's on many site's I visit are reserved for Admin notes and announcements. So if it was bold and any color other than default you pretty well knew it was more than general chit chat between member's or about any given subject so it stood out in any thread.

From a purely personal aspect I'm retired military and when people try to make themselves stand out I tend to ask myself why are they trying so hard to impress. Our words, attitudes, perspectives, etc should all be apparent as to who and what we are. Not suggesting nor imply that's what your color usage, or anyone's actually on the site, is trying to do just how it psychologically reads to me. Well except for the red's and orange's as I noted above above site usage. I suppose in part it goes back to older board formats where you didn't have all the extra colors, whistles, tag lines and what you wrote was more important than what it looked like.

I guess that's why I see the avatar's and signature statement's of such importance more than what color a person uses.

When I do use color switching it's usually when I am replying within a quote to make my response stand out against the original color but then I tend to use green's or blue's as a norm though purple / violet is used as well. But have to admit I also test project my response to make sure it can be read and the color selection doesn't detract from what I was trying to say. But that is just my own personal preference.

#26 RoseRed

RoseRed

. . . Not a big believer in . . . cowinkydink ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 02:19 PM

There are lighter shades of blue. This is actually a really common thing here with the dark background. That's why you see the use of a lot of brighter or lighter colors. The purple is worse than the blue, actually. The only time I really use colors is when I'm in the quote box. It just makes it easier to read.

The Pendulum is a very simple and straight forward divination tool to use, anyone is able to use them moreover any personal item can be use as a pendulum like you favourite piece of jewelry be it pendant or ring attached to a chain or string. you have to develop your own mthod of understanding what a pendulum is telling you, Turning clockwise may be a "Yes" for somebody but a "No" for someone else, with a little practice anyone can dowse using a pendulum well to get quick accurate answer as long as it's movement is not manipulated by your intent or energy. It is also good for those who are less sensitive to energies to get a feel of energy pulling, pushing or resonating with the aid of a pendulum. It will be easy to detect strength of the energy of a place or object but using a pendulum and the faster the movement the stronger is the force. Other forms of divination will require certain knowledge and strong connection the divinatory medium to work well, card reading is not simple especially to be of validity and accuracy.

anyone is able to use them
No, not every can use a pendulum with any degree of accuracy. Most people can - but not all. I'm one of them. Pendulum's and I don't jive well. Which is funny because that was my Grandmother's go to device for divination.

Other forms of divination will require certain knowledge and strong connection the divinatory medium to work well, card reading is not simple especially to be of validity and accuracy.

While I agree that education is extremely helpful, especially with cards - whether tarot or playing, it's not necessary for everyone. For tarot - as long as someone has the education - they don't actually need any connection to divination to give an accurate reading. That's what the cards do naturally all by themselves. Add in a Talented reader and the readings are taken to a whole different level. Some people naturally excel at divination. Some people never bother to look up the meanings of any card - they speak directly to the divinatory spirits. You keep speaking in absolutes that are not absolute.

When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#27 Christine

Christine

Marsh Wiggle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 03:09 PM

Pendulums and I aren't meant to be. Circulatory issues prevent me from holding still as one must try to while divining, and industrial shipping next door creates many localised ground tremors which preclude mounting it. Oh well. I still have a pendulum, but it is ornamental.
Don't drink from the river, drink from the well.

#28 OCEANOS

OCEANOS

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 04:02 PM

Truthfully I seldom make suggestions about color as I find the default works best with the multiple skins a site may utilize. Then factor in that a lot of sites reserve various colors and shades or hues of that color for usage to denote Admin or Moderator backed thread guidance, corrections or policy purposes. I tend to avoid the red's as that is typically a moderator color same as orange's on many site's I visit are reserved for Admin notes and announcements. So if it was bold and any color other than default you pretty well knew it was more than general chit chat between member's or about any given subject so it stood out in any thread.

From a purely personal aspect I'm retired military and when people try to make themselves stand out I tend to ask myself why are they trying so hard to impress. Our words, attitudes, perspectives, etc should all be apparent as to who and what we are. Not suggesting nor imply that's what your color usage, or anyone's actually on the site, is trying to do just how it psychologically reads to me. Well except for the red's and orange's as I noted above above site usage. I suppose in part it goes back to older board formats where you didn't have all the extra colors, whistles, tag lines and what you wrote was more important than what it looked like.

I guess that's why I see the avatar's and signature statement's of such importance more than what color a person uses.

When I do use color switching it's usually when I am replying within a quote to make my response stand out against the original color but then I tend to use green's or blue's as a norm though purple / violet is used as well. But have to admit I also test project my response to make sure it can be read and the color selection doesn't detract from what I was trying to say. But that is just my own personal preference.

Older boards way before TW existed it is always white. Blue has been my signature color for decades. When i reply with a quote using the default color, i find it hard to see my own writing against others.

output_dLSIE3.gif

#29 Guest_monsnoleedra_*

Guest_monsnoleedra_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2015 - 05:11 PM

Older boards way before TW existed it is always white. Blue has been my signature color for decades. When i reply with a quote using the default color, i find it hard to see my own writing against others.

The only problem I see specifically is are you writing to yourself or writing for another? If writing for another then you have to fashion it in a manner they will embrace and read not one that makes the writer feel better or thinks it identifies them. All the blue words in the world mean nothing if no one is reading them and skips them over because of difficulty in reading it. Especially when you consider forum boards are dying as a whole so the amount of time a person dedicates to a post will also reflect how easily their post is to read just by scrolling over it. Make it complicated and it just gets pushed over to the side so they can read one that is easy on the eyes and has buzz words that attract their attention.

#30 OCEANOS

OCEANOS

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 05:36 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sometimes I use this Pendulum Stand for dowsing of energy, spirit communication and I will put fine sand at the pit below for automatic writings. This tool is excellent for those who have problem working with pendulums.

You can make your own using a regular banana hanger, it will work too.

output_dLSIE3.gif

#31 birdiejoy83

birdiejoy83

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 11:23 PM

The pendulums i make by hand always work best for me, i think because i imprinted so much of my energy into it. I hear its very important to keep your pendulum in tune with your vibration so i personally never let anyone else handle mine. I absolutely love mine it works great

#32 Belle

Belle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 11:06 PM

Yes, the pendulum works. My mom taught me about that when I little kid. In times of need, over the years I would consult the pendulum. 

Then something happened that was very scary. One thing lead to another, which lead to letters, then typing, then words and it was like a bad ouija board movie. 

It was the pendulum that brought that about and things have never been the same since. I still have a pendulum phobia, but used responsibly I believe it to be a useful and accurate tool. 

#33 Kalinia

Kalinia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 02:03 AM

I busted mine out last night. Nothing. I never work with pendulums though unless it's fixation for hypnosis! Will have to put more energy into it.

Edited by Kalinia, 09 March 2016 - 02:05 AM.

#34 MaeRose

MaeRose

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 07:01 PM

I have tried many and have utterly no success. I use tarot mostly, but have been quite successful with other forms of divination.

I think my anxiety rears her head with pendulums. Cannot stay still. It just does not feel natural for me.

It is what it is.

#35 odalibuc

odalibuc

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 07:23 PM

I've found that what you use to make the pendulum, what you associate those materials with, and who makes the pendulum both have an impact on your results. My most used pendulum is an uncut hunk of garnet on a cheap necklace chain. Because I am an avid fan of Steven Universe, I associate garnets with fantasy and works of fiction so I've found that its best at seeking out subjective answers; non-absolutes like "would _______ be likely to happen if _______ and ________ were like ________". It helps me find ideas and helps me with some decision making with great accuracy, but is terrible with definitive answers and objective questions. Another pendulum, which I assembled myself, is much better for those questions. Its a dark-colored goldstone charm hanging on a small braided string I made from embroidery thread with my Spirit Sister (kind of like a guardian, but more of a sibling relationship) helping me gather and focus energies so it could tune to me. All in all, its never been as good at predicting potential future paths as cards for me; pendulums like to advise me a lot more than they like to tell me what's going to happen.

#36 birdiejoy83

birdiejoy83

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 09:01 PM

odalibuc, i too have a pendulum like that, though i chose a chunk of amethyst for mine 😋
Ive had much success with it so far

#37 Abraxia Thalgus

Abraxia Thalgus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 10:02 AM

After reading this thread, I decided to have another go at a pendulum, not used one for years.  I've always found any weight on a string or chain works as long as you preset what is the movement for 'yes' and what for 'no'.   

I have a hemp stone holder necklace with a selenite tumbled stone in it.  Seems to be working like a charm.  I've always found they are most accurate for myself only, but after so much time has passed, that might have changed.

...you need a lot of courage in this life, to make some of the choices you have to make. That's natural. I mean, you can't sit back like an amoeba and just regenerate yourself. You've got to be an exciting, dynamic human being, and there are choices you're going to make that's going to cause you some difficulty, and if it requires some courage on your part, then do it. - Charles Perkins, Arunta Elder, 1998

#38 PapaGheny

PapaGheny

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 05:34 AM

I've had pretty good success with pendulums. Now days I use something like that stand OCEANOS was showing us. I made it a few years back and it has worked out well.

I couldn't help but grin seeing Lilitia's “Circles for a boy and a line for a girl. Works every time.“ Sometime ago I knew woman that last I heard had 29 grandkids/great-grandkids. She used that with her wedding ring and sewing thread to glean everyone without fail. Maybe it dose work every time.

Edited by PapaGheny, 01 May 2016 - 01:02 AM.

#39 ErinnAinsley

ErinnAinsley

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 01:34 PM

I tried to get genders of a family member and a friends babies determined by a pendulum once (recently) and one was right and one was wrong. Lol
50/50 chance already present..Not statistically significant outcome. My other experiments turned out dubious.

I was curious to try and haven't learned much yet with it in any case but I appreciate the stories on here.. I have a feeling it is not for me, which is slightly disappointing because I made my own with beadwork and a gemstone carving rather spontaneously one day and quite like it. Maybe someone else can make use of it some day or I'll go back to learning some more, but I got my hands full trying to make sure I learn tarot well, not just basically, for now and the pendulum makes a gorgeous decoration in the meantime lol
:)

#40 odalibuc

odalibuc

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 07:04 PM

Erinn, never forget that someone might be trans; no pendulum reading for my gender has ever worked when it only included the gender binary as options.

Also, I've found that the materials used do have an effect on your pendulum's accuracy, regardless of your associations with those materials. My first pendulum was a charm with a poorly constructed rune on it, dangling from a cord. It's accuracy has never been above 20%. In a biology class I took a few years ago, we made necklaces containing our DNA; that one is 100%, but only when answering questions about my body and well-being. Another one I have is a cartouche depicting Anubis, and its terrible when I'm not asking for help with judging my decisions.