Photo
- - - - -

December Mini-Competition: Show Us Your Solstice!

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Nikki

Nikki

Air Bender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 10:07 PM

Now that the contest is over, I feel more comfortable sharing my solstice photos.

Back story : 900 gram quartz crystal was programmed on Samhain to absorb energy and left to do 'her' job. On the following dark moon, the stone was placed and covered in sea salt for purification where it stayed until the Solstice. Right before midnight, the stone was taken out of the sea salt and emerged with rainbow.

55 amazing (and some 'spooky') pictures were taken. Here's a sample.

This crystal is amazing. Wish could share more of it, but this is the best I can do.

Enjoy.

Album: Untitled Album
0 images
0 comments

The difference between Medicine and Poison is the Dose. :oil-bottle:
I Love you as certain Dark Things are to be Loved,
In Secret, Between the Shadow and the Soul.
- Pablo Neruda

#22 bewitchingredhead

bewitchingredhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 06:04 AM

Here's two out of three of the prizes (hopefully this will get some submissions posted!):

Large skull magnet:
Posted Image

Mini beaded witch's ladder (I hope I made it gender-neutral enough?):
Posted Image

Both were either started and/or completed on winter solstice. Pic of the door hangar will be posted later this week. :thumbsup:

FUCK FUCK FUCK!!! I wish I would have ventured into this part of the forum sooner :cry:!! I LOVE that witches ladder and want it!!

I see you're getting your degree in art of the obvious~myself
Without music life would be a mistake~ Friedrich Nietzsche
Immorality: The morality of those who are having a better time~ H.L. Mencken
When nature has work to be done, she creates a genius to do it~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
We cannot teach people anything; we can only help them discover it within themselves~ Galileo

#23 bewitchingredhead

bewitchingredhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 06:08 AM

Now that the contest is over, I feel more comfortable sharing my solstice photos.

Back story : 900 gram quartz crystal was programmed on Samhain to absorb energy and left to do 'her' job. On the following dark moon, the stone was placed and covered in sea salt for purification where it stayed until the Solstice. Right before midnight, the stone was taken out of the sea salt and emerged with rainbow.

55 amazing (and some 'spooky') pictures were taken. Here's a sample.

This crystal is amazing. Wish could share more of it, but this is the best I can do.

Enjoy.

Oh.my.god :jawdrop:
That is so beyond fucking awesome Nikki!! :cloud9:

I see you're getting your degree in art of the obvious~myself
Without music life would be a mistake~ Friedrich Nietzsche
Immorality: The morality of those who are having a better time~ H.L. Mencken
When nature has work to be done, she creates a genius to do it~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
We cannot teach people anything; we can only help them discover it within themselves~ Galileo