• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#1 hawkwind

hawkwind

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 03:06 PM

I have a family that has been friends of mine for quite some time they live on a very nice farm with a very old house. They have been renovating their house. Last week I went to their house to visit when I got out of the car and step toward the house I got a really uneasy feeling which I have never felt there before so I immediatly shielded myself. When I entered the house the feeling was heavy and very oppressive and they are seemed very moody toward each other which is really abnormal for them they are the cheeriest people I know. So I asked why they were all on edge and she said she and her kids have just not felt right for the last three days and she said her husband was totally detached from the family. So I went to the barn to speak to him and he was not him self at all his eyes were full of hatred. He said he has been renovating the basement and he wanted to show me the work that had been done. When entering basement it was like walking into astral sludge. I noticed that there was a room that had a bunch of old stuff in it so I asked about it and he said just junk I have found and a board game that the kids have been playing with. He pulled it out it was a very old spirit board. I told him to drop it and get it the fuck away from me. I told him what it was and said keep your fucking kids away from it. I asked where he found it and he showed me a hole in the basement floor where he dug it out of and also showed me a box that it was in and he said it was wrapped in a chain with lock wich he broke. I told him we needed to get out of the basement and lock all doors to basement to keep everyone out of it for now. He actually listened. Now I think they have released something very dark into their home so I would like to know what I should do to help them they have very young children and I fear for their saftey! Any advise would be great! :thinking:

#2 Guest_monsnoleedra_*

Guest_monsnoleedra_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 December 2014 - 03:40 PM

Know it's not what your implying but I can't shake the feel I just read part of the script for JUMANJI.

#3 travsha

travsha

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 04:11 PM

Jumanji LOL

First thing I would do is either divination or talk with a spirit ally to find out what is going on down there....  You need to know if there is a spirit or more then one spirit, or if its just funky energy ect....  Might require any number of different things depending on the exact problem.  

#4 Barnstock

Barnstock

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 07:09 PM

Know it's not what your implying but I can't shake the feel I just read part of the script for JUMANJI.

Yep, Jumanji, Amityville Horror, The Exorcist, and Witchboard all rolled into one.

#5 Aurelian

Aurelian

The Devils Enabler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 07:10 PM

I am extremely hesitant to dispense advice on something like this, not being there to examine the situation myself.  I do, however, have one remark.  I feel that you are responding to this situation in a fearful manner, and the family or at least the father have seen this, and that is a very bad thing.  You cannot show fear when dealing with possible malevolent entities.  

"The truth about the world, he said, is that anything is possible. Had you not seen it from birth and thereby bled it of its strangeness it would appear to you for what it is, a hat trick in a medicine show, a fevered dream, a trance bepopulate with chimeras having neither analogue nor precedent, an itinerant carnival, a migratory tentshow whose ultimate destination after many a pitch in many a mudded field is unspeakable and calamitous beyond reckoning." - Cormac McCarthy

#6 Guest_monsnoleedra_*

Guest_monsnoleedra_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 December 2014 - 07:30 PM

I do admit I am curious as to why the jump to the conclusion its a Spirit or Talking Board?  See nothing that suggests a planchette was present which means the board is relatively silent or silenced then.  No indicator of a pendulum or such so again it will be relatively silent or silenced.  I've read of some boards using cards but again nothing of that sort suggested or indicated here.

On the surface it seems more of a personal assumption about Spirit or Talking Boards and the evil / corruption facet so many bring to the table about any sort of Ouija board and it being possessed or possessing those who use it.

Reminds me in a way of the hoopla that appeared when the Barbi Ouija Board appeared in its pink coloring.  http://twitpic.com/lu1n

Potentially suggesting the title of this thread to me might better be the dangers of both ignorance and assumption.

Edited by monsnoleedra, 11 December 2014 - 07:32 PM.

#7 hawkwind

hawkwind

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 08:45 PM

Never mind that I posted it I was simply saying what I have observed and the feeling I felt in the house while I was their before I even step foot in the basement. The situation in the basement was not an assumptions it was a gut feeling. I just posted this bc these are very close friends that I care about. Comparing this situation to movie plots I find insulting I only post things when they are important to me and need an opinion. I don't post on here so I can feel like I'm being belittled. This right here is why I almost hate posting anything anymore and there has been other people on here that I've spoke to that feel the same way!

#8 Guest_monsnoleedra_*

Guest_monsnoleedra_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 December 2014 - 09:04 PM

Never mind that I posted it I was simply saying what I have observed and the feeling I felt in the house while I was their before I even step foot in the basement. The situation in the basement was not an assumptions it was a gut feeling. I just posted this bc these are very close friends that I care about. Comparing this situation to movie plots I find insulting I only post things when they are important to me and need an opinion. I don't post on here so I can feel like I'm being belittled. This right here is why I almost hate posting anything anymore and there has been other people on here that I've spoke to that feel the same way!

Your missing the point I think, comparing things to movie plots tells us a great deal about how you approach things and analyze them.  From a psychological perspective its a great clue as to how you judge things and how modern culture and media influences your responses and actions to things.  In many ways its also a judge of your ability to convey the impressions and sensations from things you've encountered and your ability to convey critical information that pertains to the situation your trying to present or discuss.

You said Spirit Board yet gave no indicator of which type or what it appeared as.  Many spirit / talking boards have carious layouts that are not like the typical Ouija board most will encounter.  You've not said anything about the material it is made from, suggested age or time period it might hail from based upon material, letter shape or other indicators.  Omitted the very critical aspect of a planchette which means the tongue is missing and that it in all probability would remain either in the house or on the property if one was trying to remove its ability to influence and control.

Makes it rather difficult to advise or suggest when the info given is more emotional and reactionary than an actual analysis or observation of what was observed, what was felt, sensed or inspired.  Physical sensations that might give indicators as to the degree of said situation other than the people were acting odd or out of character.

#9 Caps

Caps

Phytokinesist

• Moderators
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:15 PM

hawkwind do you have any experience with using spirit boards or similar things in general?

"It is the still and silent sea that drowns a man." - Old Norse proverb

"It is better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war."

#10 Caps

Caps

Phytokinesist

• Moderators
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:19 PM

Your missing the point I think, comparing things to movie plots tells us a great deal about how you approach things and analyze them.

=====

monsno, to be fair, you were the one that compared it to a movie plot, not him.

#11 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:28 PM

Being that it was locked up and buried, I would say the energy/spirit is attached to the board. They were not affected until it was dug up and released. It is probably still attached. Why not lock it up again and bury it again, since it worked before.

#12 Guest_monsnoleedra_*

Guest_monsnoleedra_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:31 PM

=====

monsno, to be fair, you were the one that compared it to a movie plot, not him.

Your correct I did compare it to a movie plot.  JUMANJI to be specific for that is what it suggested.  The chain wrapped item that was found buried in the basement the sense of foreboding that is suggested by it.  Now lets compare it to JUMANJI, the drumming game that is buried in the dirt and found in the foundation of the new building being constructed and modified.  The Chain and lock wrapped about the thing and the sense of foreboding that is presented through out the entirety of the movie and the change that is implied to the characters and family that experience the game from the colonial children at the beging to the later children who will find it washed up upon a shore.  The very Hollywood scripting of the evil thing buried in the basement, the father being the character most affected then acting against his family (can you say Amityville Horror)  then the implied evil possessed talking board that is causing such hate, discontent and dis-spare in the family and again located in the basement if I recall correctly (Witchboard).

Sorry to me if it reads like a horror story then i'll treat it like a horror story brought to life via a movie medium.  Especially when it so closely matches a given genre of horror movies and the cultural sterotyping of said genre of movies. 

I wont even go into what has been suggested or spoken about in chat or prior threads about things that suddenly materialized in this one and continue to movie like sequence of events.  Including speculations about this very house and the now revelation that yes there is something occurring here now. 

Edited by monsnoleedra, 11 December 2014 - 11:35 PM.

#13 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:32 PM

If someone had shut the board up in a box, chained it and buried it, that implies the person who did it thought there was something untoward about/attached to/attracted to the board. Assuming they were correct, I'd say get rid of the board. But I do wonder why they would have buried it in their house rather than destroy it. Removing it from the premises might show if this is correct if the feeling goes away with its removal. One could always burn it, I suppose...

#14 Aurelian

Aurelian

The Devils Enabler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 12:23 AM

We can, sort of, offer varied speculation and whatnot, but you're really not going to know what you're potentially dealing with until you are trying to do so.  There is a chance that whomever created that board pussied out and there is a very frustrated spirit trying to communicate through it.  

I think caution is of course, advised, but I mean, removing it from the house and using the thing is among the various possibilities.  You DID have a visceral reaction to it though, so trust your instincts.

Douse it in mate tea so it can't touch you and then play with it?

I can't decide if I would or not.  Maybe this is why people have called me the Devil's Enabler.

"The truth about the world, he said, is that anything is possible. Had you not seen it from birth and thereby bled it of its strangeness it would appear to you for what it is, a hat trick in a medicine show, a fevered dream, a trance bepopulate with chimeras having neither analogue nor precedent, an itinerant carnival, a migratory tentshow whose ultimate destination after many a pitch in many a mudded field is unspeakable and calamitous beyond reckoning." - Cormac McCarthy

#15 Caps

Caps

Phytokinesist

• Moderators
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 12:44 AM

We can, sort of, offer varied speculation and whatnot, but you're really not going to know what you're potentially dealing with until you are trying to do so.  There is a chance that whomever created that board pussied out and there is a very frustrated spirit trying to communicate through it.  

I think caution is of course, advised, but I mean, removing it from the house and using the thing is among the various possibilities.  You DID have a visceral reaction to it though, so trust your instincts.

I can't decide if I would or not.  Maybe this is why people have called me the Devil's Enabler.

=======

Honestly I was going to suggest taking it home...but that's only what I would do as long as I knew what I was dealing with.  Call me morbidly curious.

#16 Barnstock

Barnstock

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:25 AM

Hawkwind,

I'm not that far from you and I'd be happy to take a look at this thing, and possibly help out if I can.

#17 bewitchingredhead

bewitchingredhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:09 AM

I do admit I am curious as to why the jump to the conclusion its a Spirit or Talking Board?  See nothing that suggests a planchette was present which means the board is relatively silent or silenced then.  No indicator of a pendulum or such so again it will be relatively silent or silenced.  I've read of some boards using cards but again nothing of that sort suggested or indicated here.

On the surface it seems more of a personal assumption about Spirit or Talking Boards and the evil / corruption facet so many bring to the table about any sort of Ouija board and it being possessed or possessing those who use it.

Reminds me in a way of the hoopla that appeared when the Barbi Ouija Board appeared in its pink coloring.  http://twitpic.com/lu1n

Potentially suggesting the title of this thread to me might better be the dangers of both ignorance and assumption.

Ok so totally not relevant to the actual topic (sorry about that), but I seriously have to have that!  :crazy: 

So do they still make those or what?

=======

Honestly I was going to suggest taking it home...but that's only what I would do as long as I knew what I was dealing with.  Call me morbidly curious.

Not even gonna lie... Same here.

I see you're getting your degree in art of the obvious~myself
Without music life would be a mistake~ Friedrich Nietzsche
Immorality: The morality of those who are having a better time~ H.L. Mencken
When nature has work to be done, she creates a genius to do it~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
We cannot teach people anything; we can only help them discover it within themselves~ Galileo

#18 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 12:15 PM

I just had a thought - are the people you were visiting "crafty"? Because if they aren't and they suddenly felt the presence of something otherworldly - whether or not it is "friendly" could feel very upsetting to them. ANd thereby make them feel upset. So was your reaction to the board, or to what your friends were feeling???  You picked up on the strongest most prevalent feeling... uncomfortable, frightened, worried, all negative feelings. Were these negativities coming from the "thing" or from the family members reaction to it and to each other??

It might be helpful to separate all the feelings to decide which ones are accurate and which ones are coming from the situation, which ones are coming from the humans, and which ones are coming from the non-humans.

Unless you are willing and able to take responsibility for the thing and whatever may be going on, I would consider suggesting the fellow to just put it back, or bury it at the base of an off-property and off-roadside/walkway tree and let it go.

#19 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 12:47 PM

POPULAR

...... Comparing this situation to movie plots I find insulting I only post things when they are important to me and need an opinion. I don't post on here so I can feel like I'm being belittled. This right here is why I almost hate posting anything anymore and there has been other people on here that I've spoke to that feel the same way!

I would like to address this, as it has been something in the back of my mind since the whole "intimidation" thing among peers came up and I am not sure that it has completely gone away. This is to everyone on here, it was only prompted by the posts to Hawkind's thread, but is not to Hawkwind... it's more to what happened before but of which I still feel an undercurrent.

A long time ago when I first joined this forum, there many people on here who took no shit from anyone - some politely and some not so politely, lol - and today I can still hear them typing in giant caps OMFG, lol, and I was reminded of that the other day when I happened to see it in someone's signature. I miss those days and those people. ANd I didn't like all of them. And any number of them would and could rip a new-comers (or each others) post to shreds if they thought it was BS.  And people learned how to really look and think and decipher what was posted, and people grew and stood tall. Not screaming and having shit fits, but quietly and confidently.

ANd I think there is great danger for a person who truly feels too intimidated by mere humans to post. It implies a lack of self confidence and self respect. To worry too much about being put down. If one isn't comfortable defending and sticking up for and rationally posting their own beliefs among others of the craft - one is going to be in deep shit when the start dealing with otherworldly stuff like the thing with the board. Because that thing will be able to smell out fear and insecurity and doubt from 10 miles away.That thing will know what threads a person has or hasn't trembled in the otherworld, will be able to recognize any mark that person has made which crossed worlds and won't need to read an internet post to know who it can eat for lunch and who it can't. And it won't give a flying fuck how new the person is or isn't to the craft. It won't care that in common society it would be considered impolite, intimidating, or dangerous. It won't care if 'feelings are hurt - it may not even know what feelings are. And it sure as hell won't respond by letting one back off to a safe place where they don't feel intimidated. And to me that was a dangerous message to send out on a witchcraft forum. In the real otherworld there are no mods to mediate and no mods to create safe places. If one can't stand up for one's self (not in temper tantrum ways, but in rational, thoughtful, evaluating ways) in the presence of other witches, then one will be fucked beyond belief if they ever have to really stand up to something otherworldly that isn't moderated. 

The otherworld knows who is worthy of respect and who isn't, who has earned it and who hasn't - it can smell it and taste it. Everyone posts dumb shit sometimes, me especially, lol. Everyone has something they can learn. If anyone is afraid to post because they can't handle the input, they need to put on their big-person witch panties or stop practicing craft and merely enjoy reading about it. But they definitely for their own safety need to stop poking at the otherworld and the things in it. This forum and its arguments can also be a great opportunity - not just to learn craft, but also to realize that one isn't protected. Protection is an illusion. You either learn how to protect yourself and stand up for yourself or you walk away. And learning how to stand up for yourself on here, and how to change it your were wrong, elaborate if you were right, and doing it respectfully.... learning how to do that on here IS one step closer to knowing how to deal with the otherworld and any assholes  or otherwise who may be floating about in it. But if one can't handle that on here among mere humans, one needs to take a good look at whether or not they belong in the craft.

Sorry mods.. I know this post will probably cause you problems :-(

M

Edited by Michele, 12 December 2014 - 12:56 PM.

#20 RoseRed

RoseRed

. . . Not a big believer in . . . cowinkydink ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 02:15 PM

+1

You make some excellent points, Michele.

When my wings get tired I grab my broom.