Photo
- - - - -

Destroying possessed or accursed objects.

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#41 Atehequa

Atehequa

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 07:28 PM

<<<<

Edited by Atehequa, 16 December 2014 - 10:34 PM.

#42 Atehequa

Atehequa

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 08:06 PM

>>>>

Edited by Atehequa, 16 December 2014 - 10:33 PM.

#43 isabel

isabel

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 07:50 PM

This may sound crazy, but the moment I read your first post I thought 'blood in the milk'. Have you tried pouring milk into it as to give it a purpose? (Feel free to ignore the ramblings). I've got an antique chair that, although it didn't have a malevolent energy it was very uncomfortable and to be honest I wouldn't have kept it if I could have bought another. Anyway much sanding, painting and sitting on the chair it now feels at home in my home.

#44 RoseRed

RoseRed

. . . Not a big believer in . . . cowinkydink ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 01:05 AM

I don't feel like going back and reading this whole thing agin so bear with me, plz

Hae we talked about the possibility that whatever is in that jug is there because the jug is it's prison cell?  That perhaps something was caughtand bound and placed within to keep it from doing whatever it is in it's nature to do? 

What are the consequences of letting it out?  What are you unleashing unto the world?   

I certainly hope you're willing to take the consequences of any collateral damage upon your shoulders and whatever blood, sweat or tears that are drawn by it on your hands. 

If you take anything in the Craft seriously, then it's time for some serious research.  Either that or leave it the fuck alone.  Some of you guys have no ideas of how BAD the consequences can be.  Treasure that innocence because once it's lost - you ain't ever gonna get it back.  This shit's for real, boys and girls.

I would love to see people bounce around ideas about what happens if it's a 'bad' entity that wants to harm.  What do you do about it?  How far does your responsibility go?  How do you fix it?

When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#45 Caps

Caps

Phytokinesist

• Moderators
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 02:34 AM

"I certainly hope you're willing to take the consequences of any collateral damage upon your shoulders and whatever blood, sweat or tears that are drawn by it on your hands.
If you take anything in the Craft seriously, then it's time for some serious research.  Either that or leave it the fuck alone.  Some of you guys have no ideas of how BAD the consequences can be.  Treasure that innocence because once it's lost - you ain't ever gonna get it back.  This shit's for real, boys and girls."

I am fully aware of the consequences of dealing with malevolent entities, even for recreation.  While I appreciate your comment's addition to the tone and gravity of the thread, and I also agree with you, you have to consider that not everyone who posts here is inept, squeamish, or ill-equipped for dealing with soul-threatening entities and items.  I wouldn't be much of a witch if things that go bump in the night made me run for the hills. I don't take kindly to condescending comments referring to us as "boys and girls."  If you have any issues with me or any other member here then you are welcome to PM me rather than making indirect jabs at what you perceive to be incompetence or inexperience. 

Edited by Caps, 16 December 2014 - 02:37 AM.

"It is the still and silent sea that drowns a man." - Old Norse proverb

"It is better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war."

#46 RoseRed

RoseRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 03:06 PM

That was not a jab at you or anyone else. 

Also, why would you assume that I think you're incompetent or inexperienced?  Is it because you don't like my colloquialisms?  It's a figure of speech dude - don't read more into it than there is.

It is common knowledge that there is a wide range of practitioners here - from those that have been doing this their whole life to those that are just starting out.  And some of those that are just starting out do question whether or not these things are real. 

I have no idea why you took what I said personally or defensively.  I certainly did not attack your competence as a witch.  I also have no problem with anyone who is inexperienced.  We all were at one time.

The other thing with forums, just because you started this thread doesn't mean that every post in it is solely directed at you.  Someone else may come along an a couple years from now with a haunted or cursed item and think they found gold in this thread.  And especially, if this is their first time dealing with a haunted or cursed item - they have a right to know just how severe the consequences can be.  It ain't all about you.

There are witches here that do not know or understand the consequences of dealing with such things.  Is there something wrong with sharing that?  (Other than my choice of words, in your opinion?)  And that is a form of innocence that I fully believe should be treasured because once that's lost - it's just gone.  You know that as well as I do.  I know this ain't your first rodeo so why would you ever think that had anything to do with you?

Besides, how do you think I learned that little piece about about the collateral damage being on the practitioners head and hands?  I learned that the hard way because I was inexperienced at the time that I did it. 

It's sad that you said you agree with what I said but that was almost completely lost because you didn't care for my wording. 

Oh, and just for the record - you (general you) don't ever have to wonder if I'm making a 'jab' at anyone or any group.  I don't play with words. 

Can we get back to the conversation or would you rather stay offended?

#47 Caps

Caps

Phytokinesist

• Moderators
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 06:56 PM

I don't have a public reply for you, but I do like your idea of discussing responsibility dealing with mishandling such objects. I noticed you have mentioned giving some objects you had to a priest. Is this what you would do now or is that just an occurrence from earlier in life? I personally don't mind handing over responsibility of something like this to a priest. Out of sight, out of mind... (hopefully)

#48 Guest_monsnoleedra_*

Guest_monsnoleedra_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 December 2014 - 07:02 PM

Caps,

I wonder if there might be an inscription or sigil like engraving or carving on the item?  Even some sort of glyph or evil eye that is scratched into the thing, inside or outside.

A milk container seems an odd thing to curse or such unless its more of a granny type practice where you think about curdling the milk or spoiling what ever is placed within it.  I could possibly see it as a counter to having the thing stolen where it causes issues to whomever took it until its returned to its owner, but over time who would know who the owner actually was.

Makes you wonder, well makes me wonder anyway, if there is a year mark on it to show when it was created to give some idea of how old it actually is.

Edited by monsnoleedra, 16 December 2014 - 07:03 PM.

#49 RoseRed

RoseRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 10:27 PM

Caps, that was last spring. 

I was really, really busy at the time.  I have no problem handing things over to other practitioners if I have confidence in their abilities. I had enough confidence in this specific priest to handle the more minor things and so I passed them onto the priest to take care of.  I don't have to do it all.  If there's something I feel or believe can be handled by another then why not?  Could I have handled all of them?  Sure, but I didn't think it was necessary.   I had other things that took precedence.

There were a couple of my Grandmother's creepier statues that I handled with great caution, care and help.  Yes, I do ask for help when I'm out of my element or am trying to figure stuff out.  And there are times that I work with others.  Who woulda thunk it?

I have some pretty amazing friends in real life who are also amazing Talents.  I'm not so arrogant as to think I know it all.  I run a lot of things past them, we're mutual sounding boards for each other for bouncing around ideas - things like that.

#50 isabel

isabel

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 12:04 PM

Hae we talked about the possibility that whatever is in that jug is there because the jug is it's prison cell?  That perhaps something was caughtand bound and placed within to keep it from doing whatever it is in it's nature to do? 

What are the consequences of letting it out?  What are you unleashing unto the world?   

I certainly hope you're willing to take the consequences of any collateral damage upon your shoulders and whatever blood, sweat or tears that are drawn by it on your hands. 

If you take anything in the Craft seriously, then it's time for some serious research.  Either that or leave it the fuck alone.  Some of you guys have no ideas of how BAD the consequences can be.  Treasure that innocence because once it's lost - you ain't ever gonna get it back.  This shit's for real, boys and girls.

Totally agree if you perceive the item to be cursed. Personally, I would want anything I believed to be be cursed the hell away from me or anyone and wouldn't even want to look at the thing. My parents were antiques dealers and some of the stuff my mum wouldn't even let through the door. However, if you're considering using something as a plant pot chances are you don't think it's cursed exactly.
Is it weird that I find the 'boys and girls' thing sort of cute? I understand the depth of passion for your craft and genuine care you clearly have for fellow practioners (for want of a better word), but I'd hazard guess everyone bothering to read the forums on here does take things seriously. Doesn't hurt to be reminded though as it can be easy to get complacent when things are good.

Hope out of sight works Caps. It's nasty if things wheedle their way in.

#51 Caps

Caps

Phytokinesist

• Moderators
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 11:26 PM

Caps,

I wonder if there might be an inscription or sigil like engraving or carving on the item?  Even some sort of glyph or evil eye that is scratched into the thing, inside or outside.

A milk container seems an odd thing to curse or such unless its more of a granny type practice where you think about curdling the milk or spoiling what ever is placed within it.  I could possibly see it as a counter to having the thing stolen where it causes issues to whomever took it until its returned to its owner, but over time who would know who the owner actually was.

Makes you wonder, well makes me wonder anyway, if there is a year mark on it to show when it was created to give some idea of how old it actually is.

=========

Whoa, I checked it out today for sigils etc.  That thing is so creeptastic.  I did find something that I had never noticed before and it's not helping the thing's reputation any.  I didn't touch it, just spun it around with my foot so I could see the side of it that has been facing the wall of the building  Spun it around and saw this...

Look:

Attached File  20141218_164257.jpg   274.76KB   9 downloads

#52 RoseRed

RoseRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 12:13 AM

That almost looks like a little girl in a dress and pigtails.  Was that an old painting on the side of it?

A milk container seems an odd thing to curse or such unless its more of a granny type practice where you think about curdling the milk or spoiling what ever is placed within it. 

Not if you're a woman LOL

#53 Caps

Caps

Phytokinesist

• Moderators
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 12:29 AM

That almost looks like a little girl in a dress and pigtails.  Was that an old painting on the side of it?

======

It most certainly looks like it.  Strange that the other ones don't have any paintings on them either.  It prompts me to ask my aunt (as in, my dad's sister) some questions, although I might only talk to her once or twice a year.  She only recently became involved with the family again after like 30 years and I'm wondering it there's potentially a lead with her about the thing, or about the old family farm in general that the others don't talk about.  There are a 101 reasons she has distanced herself from the family for so long and I'm wondering if there are "other" more witchy reasons for doing so but never thought to ask.  She's the only daughter out of 4 kids and there's got to be more to it than meets the eye.  My dad is the brother that has welcomed her back and lets her stay when she comes up from NC, incidentally she stays in the garage apartment where the canister is (I think perhaps she was the one moving it and not my dad?)  It has my wheels turning for sure.  She's the only one I can think of that has a painting talent in the family.

Edited by Caps, 19 December 2014 - 12:32 AM.

#54 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 01:50 AM

Thanks for the pic. I just researched milk cans briefly. Some do have paintings on them, but I could only find a rooster, eagle and farm scene. The shape of your jug is not the usual for a milk can, it seems.

#55 Caps

Caps

Phytokinesist

• Moderators
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 02:08 AM

"Thanks for the pic. I just researched milk cans briefly. Some do have paintings on them, but I could only find a rooster, eagle and farm scene. The shape of your jug is not the usual for a milk can, it seems."

====

I think it is a common shape, the top portion tapers in and back out like the familiar ones.

Here's something that just crossed my mind...it looks to me like the black paint is newer than the painting of the girl, the way it's cracking....I could be wrong though.  I'm only vaguely familiar with how paint behaves when it gets old and weathered like that and my knowledge really only pertains to vehicles.  If it's true then it would explain why I've never noticed this before.  Perhaps I can muster up the umph to try to clean it up and see what she looks like under the paint.  Is anyone more familiar with painting murals on metal like this that could say for sure?  It makes me question why it would be covered up. 

"My parents were antiques dealers and some of the stuff my mum wouldn't even let through the door. However, if you're considering using something as a plant pot chances are you don't think it's cursed exactly."

=======

What would your mum do with the items?

Well that's why I would use a mandrake or an even more sinister plant. :wink:

Edited by Caps, 19 December 2014 - 02:22 AM.

#56 Guest_monsnoleedra_*

Guest_monsnoleedra_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2014 - 02:26 AM

=========

Whoa, I checked it out today for sigils etc.  That thing is so creeptastic.  I did find something that I had never noticed before and it's not helping the thing's reputation any.  I didn't touch it, just spun it around with my foot so I could see the side of it that has been facing the wall of the building  Spun it around and saw this...

Look:

attachicon.gif20141218_164257.jpg

You know that could be a dairy marking.  Don't know which dairies where big in that area but marking their containers used to be pretty common based upon some of the stuff i've run into over the years.  Of course maybe its just a little girl whose pissed as she's been facing the corner for how long now?

#57 ArcticWitch

ArcticWitch

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 05:09 AM

Caps, with your research skills, I imagine you could determine which creamery (presumably local) at some point marked their cans with the logo matching the image on the canister.

#58 Nikki

Nikki

Air Bender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 10:10 PM

I have a portrait that has a very strong energy attached to it.

This thing will literally fly off the wall if it needs to.. not so much to get my attention, it commands the attention of others, especially those who are lying or mean me harm.
I know 'who' does it and I'm good with it. My only concern is finding a suitable home for this piece once I'm gone. I can see it being a source of great distress to the next owner, if not handled correctly.

It likes to be in a certain position, so I take care to make sure the view is acceptable. It can 'tell' if someone is less than honorable because they will show signs of discomfort in its presence. It's a lovely piece, so there's no 'creep' factor. It's as though it can drill a hole in someone.

If I were to get 'rid' of something like this, I'd probably burn it, like REALLY burn it... geez, I feel so wrong even writing this. (talking to spirit ----> I would never burn you !!!! You're with me for life and cherish you.)

Creeptastic --- Great word.

Edited by Nikki, 18 October 2015 - 10:12 PM.

The difference between Medicine and Poison is the Dose. :oil-bottle:
I Love you as certain Dark Things are to be Loved,
In Secret, Between the Shadow and the Soul.
- Pablo Neruda

#59 Aurelian

Aurelian

The Devils Enabler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 04:30 AM

I've had mirrors fall off the wall--but they were also wards. Big, huge things, intended to wake me up in case of dream attacks. Was thinking my spirits that time, that they took care it and got my ass up!
"The truth about the world, he said, is that anything is possible. Had you not seen it from birth and thereby bled it of its strangeness it would appear to you for what it is, a hat trick in a medicine show, a fevered dream, a trance bepopulate with chimeras having neither analogue nor precedent, an itinerant carnival, a migratory tentshow whose ultimate destination after many a pitch in many a mudded field is unspeakable and calamitous beyond reckoning." - Cormac McCarthy

#60 Nikki

Nikki

Air Bender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 07:16 PM

That's so interesting !!! I wonder how those mirrors would react if... (insert event) someone else were to acquire them?

Could they manifest as an accursed item?

The difference between Medicine and Poison is the Dose. :oil-bottle:
I Love you as certain Dark Things are to be Loved,
In Secret, Between the Shadow and the Soul.
- Pablo Neruda