Photo
- - - - -

Destroying possessed or accursed objects.

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#21 RoseRed

RoseRed

. . . Not a big believer in . . . cowinkydink ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 03:41 PM

As I packed up my mother's house - I've spent the last 6 months gathering and figuring out with to do with my Grandmother's 'spirit pots'.  Now I understand her love of really creepy religious statues that no one was allowed to touch - ever! - when I was growing up.

Most of them I just handed over to her priest.  I don't really care what he does with him.  That should be a standard of his Office.  If he doesn't know what he's dealing with then he shouldn't hold that Office.

Several of them - I didn't trust that the Priest had the experience to get rid of.

So, Caps - what is it that you would like to do with this thing?

When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#22 Caps

Caps

Phytokinesist

• Moderators
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 03:54 PM

I'm considering communicating with it when the time is right.  Perhaps cleansing it and turning it into a planter for a mandrake plant since it's so deep, I should be able to get some nice roots.  That is, if I am able to get it to stop killing plants if that is in fact what it does.  The canister may not like me drilling drainage holes in it either...there's a lot that can go wrong with it.  It may not work and I may not want to mess with it at all, and I could end up potentially killing a valuable plant.  This is also something I can barely stand to touch so I have to get around that.  Some of the posts, I think by monsnoleedra have me thinking--one of its previous owners, my great grandfather is who I am named after and I'm wondering if it has anything to do with it.  It's pretty common for my paternal family to give its boys family names.  Maybe whatever is attached to it is just confused, I might be able to clear something up for it.

If I'm unable to make any progress with the thing then when it comes time to get rid of it I will probably do the lead thing like Aurelian has said.  I have some lead paint (believe it or not) and he also suggested that I can get lead sheets.  I'd probably do that and find one of the abandoned gold mines on the other side of the county and dispose of it like that...perhaps inscribing some binding sigils or something protective on it.  Maybe I can just anonymously dump it off at the Catholic church here after doing so.  Any competent priest would at least see it and be like "hell no" when it's covered in lead and sigils lol.  They can deal with it in their own way.

"It is the still and silent sea that drowns a man." - Old Norse proverb

"It is better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war."

#23 RoseRed

RoseRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 03:59 PM

You make some good points - maybe it just kills plants that prefer Light. 

I doubt it's confused.  If it's something that was your Grandfathers then maybe you are supposed to figure it out and use it to the best of your abilities.  Perhaps, it's up to you to dispose of something he was able to capture and contain.

You've got some 'figuring things out' to do before you make a decision.

#24 Belwenda

Belwenda

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 06:44 PM

I usually burn,( if possible ), then bury (well off my property), anything that is suspect. If it is too big for that, "off to the dump" it goes, (with a little charm to help it continue on its way to the landfill). I would never retain any object that appeared to be cursed, life is difficult enough.

With jewelry; inherited stones, rings, etc... we usually cleanse in salt; using full moonlite- but who knows if that's enough? Time will tell I guess.

"For there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so" W.S.

#25 Christine

Christine

Marsh Wiggle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 06:54 PM

I will at some point in the distant future inherit a large oil portrait of an ancestor whom (I shit you not) we refer to as "the Sea Captain." I already have his sea chest, which is just a box, the portrait on the other hand is a responsibility. He's not an evil dude, and was genuinely thrilled at the birth of my eldest, but the damn painting radiates tons of the cold queasy greasy feeling. He will not tone it down, gets offended if asked to, and... likes to watch people sleep. So, benign in the end, just one of the more actively unnerving family pieces. We used to hold parties in his room when we sort of didn't mind that they should end early.  

Don't drink from the river, drink from the well.

#26 Belwenda

Belwenda

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 07:08 PM

You could do what Sirius Black did with his mother's portrait; hang a curtain in front of it ; that way you could open and close at will.  :cool_witch:

Edited by Belwenda, 07 December 2014 - 12:56 AM.

"For there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so" W.S.

#27 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 02:25 PM

I think the purpose for making this thread is to have a discussion on what to do with accursed, possessed, haunted, whatever objects whether it be destroying it, utilizing it etc.  Has anyone else had any items that are like this?  The topic was inspired by my recent thread about Oculus.

_________

It would seem the main focus of what you asked for is "a discussion on what to do with accursed, possessed, haunted, whatever objects whether it be destroying it, utilizing it etc", that is what your'e getting in responses on the whole. 

I don't know why a milk can, of all things would be 'haunted'? An angry cow perhaps, lol. Joking aside, maybe a person was kicked in the head while milking a cow while using that can. What to do? If that is the case, get the spirit attachment to move on, which may or may not work. Give it to a person who is not treating you well  :twisted_witch:

I have not personally had a badly haunted object. Ones I did not like, yes. Some things can  be cleansed, while others don't seem to be able to be cleansed.

Edited by Autumn Moon, 07 December 2014 - 02:32 PM.

#28 Christine

Christine

Marsh Wiggle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 05:54 PM

Belwenda, I just laughed so hard, mostly because when I read that scene I went "Hmmm..."

Don't drink from the river, drink from the well.

#29 Caps

Caps

Phytokinesist

• Moderators
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 07:15 PM

_________

It would seem the main focus of what you asked for is "a discussion on what to do with accursed, possessed, haunted, whatever objects whether it be destroying it, utilizing it etc", that is what your'e getting in responses on the whole. 

I don't know why a milk can, of all things would be 'haunted'? An angry cow perhaps, lol. Joking aside, maybe a person was kicked in the head while milking a cow while using that can. What to do? If that is the case, get the spirit attachment to move on, which may or may not work. Give it to a person who is not treating you well  :twisted_witch:

I have not personally had a badly haunted object. Ones I did not like, yes. Some things can  be cleansed, while others don't seem to be able to be cleansed.

======

It is true that the thread is back on track, but I have noticed that often on this site people swoop in to give advice about something and completely miss the concept of discussing something as a whole.  I wasn't only asking about my milk canister, and I do appreciate the input that the members here have had about it, but it is only half of the point of the thread.

It's possible that a cow or something is related to the bad juju on the canister, but I moreso get the feeling that there is something more sinister involved, murder or infanticide is the general vibe I get from it which is horribly unpleasant.

#30 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 01:42 AM

======

It is true that the thread is back on track, but I have noticed that often on this site people swoop in to give advice about something and completely miss the concept of discussing something as a whole.  I wasn't only asking about my milk canister, and I do appreciate the input that the members here have had about it, but it is only half of the point of the thread.

It's possible that a cow or something is related to the bad juju on the canister, but I moreso get the feeling that there is something more sinister involved, murder or infanticide is the general vibe I get from it which is horribly unpleasant.

___

You would know best since you are in contact with the object. Can you find out more of it's history?

#31 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 04:56 AM

I have something similar Caps. This story will sound strange, but I am guessing we are all pretty used to that here. In the house we used to live years ago I found a harmless looking iron ball. It was like a ball bearing perhaps for some sort of machinery. The energy this thing emitted was so powerful. This was more then just the iron. I was intrigued, but it also made my skin crawl. My kids were small then and I didn't want it anywhere near them. My husband had some shop equipment in our basement, so I asked him if he knew where it came from. He is non magickal, and not at all superstitious or irrational. He took one look at that thing and said " Get rid of it. " I could tell it weirded him out. I did get rid of it. I took it far away and buried it. Then I forgot all about it.

Fast forward. Different house. We we had been there a few years. One day an iron ball just appears seemingly out of nowhere in the middle of the floor. My kids were there. I said " Where the he'll did that thing come from." My kids looked at it and literally backed away. The energy was the same as last time, only even stronger. It was even a little larger. This time my curiosity got the better of me though. I wanted to find out about it. Where did it come from? Could I use it? ( There's a lot of power in there) . I locked away in a spelled black lock box filled with salt for later use, when the time is right. Just so you guys know, I have no illusions that I will cleanse or purify it that way. I only sought to contain it and that seems to be working.
Am I nuts to keep such a thing? Perhaps a little, it's my Scorpio nature. but that is what I felt was the best thing to at the time. Getting rid of it apparently isn't all that easy anyway.

This thing just feels dark, maybe even evil by most standards, and it dose not appear to have a human source. I haven't figured it out yet. I may never.

Would I be inclined to keep it if I felt it had something like infanticide attached to it? Most likely not, but it would depend and the circumstances I guess. Sometimes there is a reason you haven't even thought of yet.

Edited by Solanaceae, 09 December 2014 - 04:59 AM.

Some are born to sweet delight,

Some are born to endless night.

(Fragments from "Auguries of Innocence") William Blake

#32 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 04:16 PM

I have something similar Caps. This story will sound strange, but I am guessing we are all pretty used to that here. In the house we used to live years ago I found a harmless looking iron ball. It was like a ball bearing perhaps for some sort of machinery. The energy this thing emitted was so powerful. This was more then just the iron. I was intrigued, but it also made my skin crawl. My kids were small then and I didn't want it anywhere near them. My husband had some shop equipment in our basement, so I asked him if he knew where it came from. He is non magickal, and not at all superstitious or irrational. He took one look at that thing and said " Get rid of it. " I could tell it weirded him out. I did get rid of it. I took it far away and buried it. Then I forgot all about it.

Fast forward. Different house. We we had been there a few years. One day an iron ball just appears seemingly out of nowhere in the middle of the floor. My kids were there. I said " Where the he'll did that thing come from." My kids looked at it and literally backed away. The energy was the same as last time, only even stronger. It was even a little larger. This time my curiosity got the better of me though. I wanted to find out about it. Where did it come from? Could I use it? ( There's a lot of power in there) . I locked away in a spelled black lock box filled with salt for later use, when the time is right. Just so you guys know, I have no illusions that I will cleanse or purify it that way. I only sought to contain it and that seems to be working.
Am I nuts to keep such a thing? Perhaps a little, it's my Scorpio nature. but that is what I felt was the best thing to at the time. Getting rid of it apparently isn't all that easy anyway.

This thing just feels dark, maybe even evil by most standards, and it dose not appear to have a human source. I haven't figured it out yet. I may never.

Would I be inclined to keep it if I felt it had something like infanticide attached to it? Most likely not, but it would depend and the circumstances I guess. Sometimes there is a reason you haven't even thought of yet.

That's interesting. I wonder if you went to where you buried it, if it would still be there or not.  It was a machined bearing? If yes, maybe it was in a machine that someone had an accident with or was killed. Could it be a musket ball?

#33 RoseRed

RoseRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 06:00 PM

I had a Ouija board that came back like that. 

#34 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 11:59 PM

I had a Ouija board that came back like that. 

_______

How did it happen?

#35 RoseRed

RoseRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 01:14 AM

The damn thing kept showing back up on the shelf in the closet.  I finally went to my Grandmother to make it stop coming back.  I found out years later that my cousin had the same problem.

#36 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 01:54 PM

Most strange. How did your grandmother stop it - burn it?

#37 RoseRed

RoseRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 02:39 PM

That's actually one of my less strange stories LOL

But, yeah.  It's amazing what you can burn with a metal bucket and a full gas can.  She did some incantations in Russian, waved her hands around and whatnot and set that bitch ablaze.  I was allowed to watch from a distance.

#38 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 02:42 AM

That's interesting. I wonder if you went to where you buried it, if it would still be there or not.  It was a machined bearing? If yes, maybe it was in a machine that someone had an accident with or was killed. Could it be a musket ball?

I doubt if I could find the exact spot again, but yes, it would be interesting to find out.
I never really thought it might be a musket ball. That is an interesting idea, prompts me to investigate further.

Some are born to sweet delight,

Some are born to endless night.

(Fragments from "Auguries of Innocence") William Blake

#39 RoseRed

RoseRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 02:54 PM

I'm curious.  Did the conversation turn the way you had hoped, Caps?

#40 Caps

Caps

Phytokinesist

• Moderators
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 10:57 PM

LOL yes

party_zpskpebooie.gif