Grand Luciferian Circle

Circle Luciferian how to

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_monsnoleedra_*

Guest_monsnoleedra_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2015 - 07:42 PM

But now your getting into the state of true north, magnetic north vs relative north. It works for navigation and it works for magical endeavors. Figure relative is based upon the assumption that where ever your looking North is based upon a relationship to your nose's direction. While many times it can align with true north, not to be confused with magnetic north, it doesn't have to be. As a relative position it also align's to the sacred directions concept and ones relationship and position to them.

#42 RoseRed

RoseRed

. . . Not a big believer in . . . cowinkydink ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 08:21 PM

The sun comes up in the east and sets in the west. The moss grows on the north side of the trees. How hard can it really be guys?

I already equate the elements in regards to their geographic placement. For me - Water is east The Atlantic Ocean is east of me. Land is north - there's a continent north and northwest of me. Fire is in the west - when the sky is lit with sundown. Air is South (a little closer to south west - that's just the way it blows across here).

I have my own way of doing things. They work for me. For others - the gps coordinates may matter more. I'm much less technical than I was previously. It's really kinda freeing.

Edited by RoseRed, 17 January 2015 - 03:05 PM.

When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#43 Aurelian

Aurelian

The Devils Enabler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 08:43 PM

The state of 'true north' or 'magnetic north' relates not at all to trad craft. It's based on locality, and there are reasons for this. Why are we discussing this?

Edited by Aurelian, 18 January 2015 - 01:00 PM.

"The truth about the world, he said, is that anything is possible. Had you not seen it from birth and thereby bled it of its strangeness it would appear to you for what it is, a hat trick in a medicine show, a fevered dream, a trance bepopulate with chimeras having neither analogue nor precedent, an itinerant carnival, a migratory tentshow whose ultimate destination after many a pitch in many a mudded field is unspeakable and calamitous beyond reckoning." - Cormac McCarthy

#44 Mountain Witch

Mountain Witch

Practical b/witch

• Moderators
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 08:45 PM

My garden is a medicine wheel and it's aligned to magnetic north. "True" north, at that time, was 6 degrees off (I'm aware the poles shift). 6 degrees, or whatever it may be today, isn't enough to bother me. After all, it's the intent that counts in magic, right? ;)

For purposes of action nothing is more useful than narrowness of thought combined with energy of will.
~ Henri Frederic Amiel

You can access my blog and get autographed copies of my books through my website

#45 ArcticWitch

ArcticWitch

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 09:15 PM

Was just offering some info to those, like myself, who take pleasure in occasionally blending scientific precision into their Crafting. Wasn't trying to tell anyone what to do or how to do it, for goodness' sake!

#46 RoseRed

RoseRed

. . . Not a big believer in . . . cowinkydink ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 03:05 PM

There's a lot of us that come from different backgrounds and incorporate that into our Trad Craft.
When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#47 Guest_monsnoleedra_*

Guest_monsnoleedra_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2015 - 03:42 PM

The state of 'true north' or 'magnetic north' relates not at all to trad craft. It's based on locality, and there are reasons for this. Why are we discussing this?

That's both true and false from my perspective.

From a land based craft direction and such are pretty much based on locality i'd agree. Yet from those craft's that are based upon sea and ocean or navigation understanding and usage is very much a critical aspect of it. Once out of sight of land and compass and position becomes a life threatening or saving situation. It becomes as critical a factor as celestial movements and navigation do in ones workings.

#48 Caps

Caps

Phytokinesist

• Moderators
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 04:07 PM

====
I can resonate with this mostly because rather than using North or the rising/setting of the sun as an index for my garden each year I will divine by reading the frost during winter. My gardens are never aligned in the same direction, and sometimes the location makes a difference too, where does the sun hit at 9am, where does it hit at 5pm. Is there any shade and what direction is it hitting? Where are the winds prevailing from during early spring? (I live in a meadow hollow so it can change from year to year.) Is erosion causing runoff to different areas this year? Are there any fairy rings? (good indicator of healthy soils) Using a compass in other aspects seems like it would be common sense because the directions never change...North is always North... but when dealing with organic life I take a more organic and ever-changing approach to direction.

"It is the still and silent sea that drowns a man." - Old Norse proverb

"It is better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war."

#49 Aurelian

Aurelian

The Devils Enabler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 01:40 PM

Sorry guys, I realize now that my last post was in error and misplaced, as we're discussing ceremonial applications in Other Occult Practices. So I apologize for that, my bad. I was both in a bad mood and extremely sleep-deprived when I made that post, but feeling much better now!

Yeah, while practicing ceremonial magic, it is a good idea to be as precise as possible with things, and to follow tradition to a T in order to get best results. I'm in total agreement with you guys, there. Once you start achieving results and fully understand the material, I think, only then is it safe to begin experimenting.

And of course, we all practice a little differently, there is no one set way to do things as a traditional worker.

Caps, yeah, I use the same method as what you have described above! In my location, I have mountains to the direct west, and there is quite a large lake to my direct north, so I have adjusted elemental-directional correspondences accordingly, and use them as such in my day-to-day magic. While practicing evocation, though, I do stick with the instructions as they are set out in the relevant grimoire.

Interesting discussion, here! :witch_bounce:

"The truth about the world, he said, is that anything is possible. Had you not seen it from birth and thereby bled it of its strangeness it would appear to you for what it is, a hat trick in a medicine show, a fevered dream, a trance bepopulate with chimeras having neither analogue nor precedent, an itinerant carnival, a migratory tentshow whose ultimate destination after many a pitch in many a mudded field is unspeakable and calamitous beyond reckoning." - Cormac McCarthy