- - - - -

Divination from about 29 years ago

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_monsnoleedra_*

Guest_monsnoleedra_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 November 2014 - 01:02 AM

I placed this here because it ultimately was because of divination that is came about.

Sometime during 1984 / 1985 I had curiosity get the better part of me and I decided to call one of them 1-800 psychic tarot readings / hot lines of the day.  No one specific question in mind, just a moment of boredom and a what the heck lets try it moment.  So I call out into the phone world of the tarot reader and see what the cards had to say at that moment in time.  Of course being the closed person I am or was at the time didn't really reveal any of my own strengths or knowledge to the reader.  After all wanted to see what he / she would come up with and to see just how much was actually a cold reading done over the phone through leading questions to see what you wanted to hear.

I got a woman reader that day.  She decided to do a future reading but also a general present reading.  I was in an instructor billet at that time and teaching in a Navy A / C school setting.  She picked up I was in charge of people.  Stated that I had some sort of educational position over them but wasn't sure as it wasn't that strong.  Don't recall if she ever did detect that I was in the military at that time.  All in all though some things correct, some wrong and some very leading questions to try and lead you and make you reveal your hearts desire.  Typical cold reading in that if you mentioned something it immediately because revealed in her cards and a moment later became a focal point of her reading.  A few more questions, often leading or open ended then of course more revelations.  Do recall she'd not tell me what cards where drawn or in what order they were laid in the spread.  Of course she later got a bit upset when I'd ask about the cards she did reveal when the meaning didn't match what I understood it to convey.

So while I was a bit suspect of her skills she did entertain and kept me on the phone for a bit to run up her profit or payment.  Then before ending the call she gave me a future reading.

She did indicate I would be injured but not how.  I did have a spinal injury and follow on injuries and disabilities from that event.  Would eventually end my military career and later my ability to work for the school system.  She indicated that my practice would move from one of action to one of being a mentor and educator.  She figured the mentor stage would hit close to my 50th birthday.   Not to far off I suppose if you look at what has happened in the last few years.  I am 55 now and my practice has moved more towards a mentor / adviser stage than an active practitioner stage in the past 5 - 10 years especially.  

As to why this all occurred to me tonight I can not say.  Just as I sit hear listening to various Wendy Rule songs that touch me it came to the forefront of my mind again.  A divination from many years ago that has come far closer today than one would have imagined back in 1984 time frame.  A divination that on some levels I have moved towards through out my life to place me where I am at today.  A divination that if I could go back in time would tell the reader her cards for the future where very accurate for the most part.  Is there more perhaps yet to come to pass?  There was more in the reading for certain and perhaps as the wheel marches forward those will come to pass or reveal they have already done so.

But then I do have a vague memory of the reader telling me while the current was not very accurate nor her strong suite her future readings were usually pretty accurate.  All these years later and in reflection tonight it seems she was right.

#2 RoseRed

RoseRed

. . . Not a big believer in . . . cowinkydink ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 02:54 PM

I had a reading like that about 20 years ago at a flea market.  You just reminded me of that.  So much of it has come to pass.

When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#3 Nabu

Nabu

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 06:39 PM

Not very far off indeed .. look at the content / tone of some of your posts to see this " informing " type of communication you have shared here on the forums . Thanks .... :thumbsup:

Nabu

Strong of Heart wins the Day , let not yourself be dismayed !

#4 Eidolon

Eidolon

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 05:31 AM

I just discovered Wendy Rule! She's amazing

#5 westofthemoon

westofthemoon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 02:07 PM

I've had two psychic readings. One was a barter situation and the other was at a county fair. They both told me that I would move away. It hasn't come to pass yet, but it gave me something to think about.
Wouldst thou like to Live Deliciously? ~ "The VVitch"

Say what you know, do what you must, come what may.

#6 candleflame

candleflame

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 04:01 AM

Hummmm I wonder a bout these phone readings and fairs,I had a few done costing a lot of money. Some got one thing right some missed altogether. My daughter seen a private one costing $200 and zero come true so far. I don't like reading family myself as you might see what's coming and fate got take it's course anyway. If they can get at least get 3 things right I would be happy with them,but haven't had a reading for 15 or so yrs wast of money I thought

#7 birdiejoy83

birdiejoy83

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 11:28 PM

Oh wow what a wonderful story!! Thank you for sharing it definitely made me smile

#8 Ryndax

Ryndax

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 06:21 AM

I once had a reading done a long time ago saying I would trade her places one day and to also "keep it in my pants" because she saw children in my future. Which I laughed at, to this day no children but I do my on readings now so that might be what she meant by trading her places.