Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Do you make others nervous since you began practicing?

• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#41 travsha

travsha

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 12:08 AM

Depends on the cause of your blood disorder i think. I have seen people cure epilepsy and cancer overnight, and have heard of first hand experiences curing paralysis and HIV. Emotional wounds can be exceptionally powerful, and healing then can be a powerful experience. Many things I always thought were impossible I have seen happen. Of course, I don't know the personal details of your situation though.

In my experience, more love is never a bad thing, and even the difficult painful types of healing can be done out of love.

#42 RoseRed

RoseRed

. . . Not a big believer in . . . cowinkydink ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 01:27 PM

How are you at distance healing or are you more of a hands on kinda guy?

When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#43 hawkwind

hawkwind

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 02:41 PM

I agree with travsha, when a healing is done with a lot of love I feel that the outcome of a healing is much better. I do a lot of healing it's one of my stronger points in my Craft. I think the ability to heal the ones you care about is one of the greatest things of being a witch! :smile:

#44 travsha

travsha

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 10:15 PM

I prefer hands on, but am consistently surprised by the results doing distance work. However, I have two sides to my healing practice: energy work, and plant work. The plants are way better healers then I am, and when I mention miraculous results, that is usually from plants. Of course, I could also coach you on how to prepare plant medicines for yourself, but only if it is something you feel comfortable with. I consider the plants to all be shamans. They work especially well, because they can show you first hand what causes your illness, and how to fix it (the decision to heal is still up to you though).

My new book which I hope to have ready for print within the week is all about how to work with plants based on my personal practice. (I can send you a PDF when it's done if you like).

For really serious healing, I recommend ceremony in person, or I am also taking a small group to Peru this summer to work with my main shaman (she lives by Cusco and Machu Pichu).

I have a feeling that if we did energy work, it would reduce your symptoms, but not provide a permanent fix. Maybe it would, but I would feel more confident with getting better results from plants, because you make this seem like a pretty serious issue that is heavily tied to you physically and emotionally. Like I said before - plants are way better healers then I am.

If you feel interested in any of this, I could give you lots more info, send you the book soon, take you to Peru or give you my shamans contact, or whatever else you might like.

#45 RoseRed

RoseRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 11:37 PM

I sent you a pm.

#46 Marrena

Marrena

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 04:48 PM

---
Because making the average person I come into contact with feel nervous isn't something that truly bothers me, I'm at the point in my Journey that I don't feel it's necessary to change my behavior simply to accommodate others' sense of wellbeing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope it's okay to partially quote previous posts. I wish I had your attitude. Making people nervous really, really bothers me. People get very nervous around me when I'm myself. I try to do muggle drag. I'm a plump middle-aged woman who dresses frumpy. I have a lot of black in my wardrobe, but I don't dress spooky or wear a pentacle. But my own nervousness when trying to "pass" also makes people nervous. I try to play the part as well as I can, but sometimes I talk too much.

Unfortunately it seems the people I make the most nervous are other witches. I remember at a witch shop I was buying a votive candle, and the clerk was so nervous around me she gripped the candle too hard and the glass container shattered in her hand. And then I was traveling with my mom in Florida, and she was stretching herself, trying to understand me coming out of the broom closet. So we visited a spiritualist town. We went into the town diner for lunch, and there was a man sitting alone at a table. When we walked in, he looked at me totally terrified, and got up quickly and left the diner. I just feel like a big freak.

I'm not sure what to do. Maybe I should look into magic to fix this, because it's affecting my social life, modify a glamor spell. I do have a few witch friends who aren't scared of me, and my children and partner are fine with me, and animals like me.

Edited by Marrena, 12 May 2015 - 04:49 PM.

#47 Wexler

Wexler

Something wrong? Blame retrograde

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 05:01 PM

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope it's okay to partially quote previous posts. I wish I had your attitude. Making people nervous really, really bothers me. People get very nervous around me when I'm myself. I try to do muggle drag. I'm a plump middle-aged woman who dresses frumpy. I have a lot of black in my wardrobe, but I don't dress spooky or wear a pentacle. But my own nervousness when trying to "pass" also makes people nervous. I try to play the part as well as I can, but sometimes I talk too much.

Unfortunately it seems the people I make the most nervous are other witches. I remember at a witch shop I was buying a votive candle, and the clerk was so nervous around me she gripped the candle too hard and the glass container shattered in her hand. And then I was traveling with my mom in Florida, and she was stretching herself, trying to understand me coming out of the broom closet. So we visited a spiritualist town. We went into the town diner for lunch, and there was a man sitting alone at a table. When we walked in, he looked at me totally terrified, and got up quickly and left the diner. I just feel like a big freak.

I'm not sure what to do. Maybe I should look into magic to fix this, because it's affecting my social life, modify a glamor spell. I do have a few witch friends who aren't scared of me, and my children and partner are fine with me, and animals like me.

Of course I only know what I read here, but perhaps divination would help you figure out the root of this problem, or how to solve it. I find witches to often be excellent at projection, maybe this is a case of sending your emotions to others.

'Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.'

'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.'

[avatar source]

#48 Ogga

Ogga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 05:17 PM

For me it seems that people become less nervous now then before I started.
Probably because I am more balanced now and I don't act out my anger
towards the world and society in the same obvious way anymore.

With that said...I have also been less interested in smoothing over things
at the same time. Nowadays I think through things before I say anything
(why waste energy on nonsense) If I say something I mean it, and then people
can like it or not. Sometimes I decide not to speak my mind. But I am not going
to smooth over anything i said unless there is very much gain in it.

#49 CailinRua

CailinRua

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 05:24 PM

Thats a great point Wex, not the psycological blame type of projection, but "pushing" thoughts and feelings unintentionally into others. Lately, this is happening more and more to me. And its been bizarre adjusting to that, which is an understatment (have you ever been in a fight with someone only to realize you are arguing with yourself? Thats confusing for everyone. "I dont know why I said that, I never felt that way, but you are right to feel this way about xyz"). As far as nervousness in others, I havent noticed that. I have been told I am intimidating for other reasons. I am outspoken with a decent vocabulary and quick wit (not to toot my own horn, but toot toot). I think those sorts of things are more common in communities like this one, because we are comfortable finding our own way and trusting ourselves, which is scary to the majority that subscribe to the idea that there is an authority for everything, and if your veiw differs from that authority (society, reality consensus, religious leaders or whatever else) then you are inherently wrong minded.

Anyway, recently I have noticed my SO noticing things. He moved in a while back and I am not "out", but I do not keep everything hidden away, what is out can be explained away if asked....but he avoids asking. I watched him checking out the area I make and burn incense, there are vials of resins, a flat stone for burning, and several crystals, ground eggshells for various things. He saw my living moss triskele on the fence I made where I did a burial ritual for my sons placenta (that my son even told him a little about, no follow up questions) He is curious as fuck, but will not ask. He watches me collect weird things on hikes, and doesnt ask. He watches me grinding up strange herbs and doesnt ask. I talk somewhat openly about my dream work, about only some of the herbs and techniques I use. Thats the extent of it(and I dont call it dreamwork, just lucid dreaming which is a very partial picture). I dont know if he doesnt ask because he gets the vibe he shouldnt (am I pushing that out? dunno!), or that its something I like to have be mine and mine only, or because he doesnt want to know the nature of it. If he did ask, Im not sure if I would be honest or not. Probably not entirely. He needs to get his toes wet on his own before I offer up anything voluntarily. I dont think it makes him nervous neccesarily, but uncomfortable because he doesnt believe in it, or has preconceived notions about what it is and what its about.

editted for clarity.

Edited by CailinRua, 12 May 2015 - 05:52 PM.

#50 Marrena

Marrena

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 08:25 PM

Of course I only know what I read here, but perhaps divination would help you figure out the root of this problem, or how to solve it. I find witches to often be excellent at projection, maybe this is a case of sending your emotions to others.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
I will give it a try. I don't think it's projection because I'm not scared of people. Unless maybe you mean that because so many people have been afraid of me in the past, and I don't like that, that I'm scared it will happen again with the new people and I'm sending that fear into them?

#51 Guest_monsnoleedra_*

Guest_monsnoleedra_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 May 2015 - 08:46 PM

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
I will give it a try. I don't think it's projection because I'm not scared of people. Unless maybe you mean that because so many people have been afraid of me in the past, and I don't like that, that I'm scared it will happen again with the new people and I'm sending that fear into them?

Perhaps it's as simple as you create a static discharge in an area and people feel that. Like a storm that moves in and the very air seems charged and disrupted so you take notice of it. They don't know why they take notice but something changes and on some level they do notice. Of course once you feel it you look around to see what changed and tend to notice whomever has newly entered the area. That it may or may not be the person themselves though is of little importance for they're not going to seek it further than that.

Of course many times it's simply human nature. Like walking into a bar in a small area, your new and unknown and people will stop to look at you and respond even though you don't think your doing anything. I've seen people get up and leave or move simply because it looks like you will have to sit near them and that potentially leads to conversation they do not desire.

One thing I used to notice about pagans in general, they tend to over inflate themselves and think anything that happens has to be because of them in general. Them in general or some projection of Witchy powers they just have to be generating that makes them stand out and be different.

#52 RoseRed

RoseRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 11:02 PM

Some people are like radio broadcast towers. Others make awesome receivers.

You may be broadcasting and not realize it. Similar concept to the static thing MS mentioned.

I think that jumping into magic before you even know what it is your trying to fix usually screws things up even more.

And you know what? I'm middle aged, chubby (but 60 pounds lighter than I was whoohoo!) and I love black. Perhaps, it's time to play. Experimenting and playing with talents can be fun - especially when you see the affect on others.

#53 Guest_monsnoleedra_*

Guest_monsnoleedra_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 May 2015 - 11:12 PM

Some people are like radio broadcast towers. Others make awesome receivers.

You may be broadcasting and not realize it. Similar concept to the static thing MS mentioned.

I think that jumping into magic before you even know what it is your trying to fix usually screws things up even more.

And you know what? I'm middle aged, chubby (but 60 pounds lighter than I was whoohoo!) and I love black. Perhaps, it's time to play. Experimenting and playing with talents can be fun - especially when you see the affect on others.

I bet though if you were wearing black you'd more than likely be seen first as a woman in morning than say an EMO or Goth which we tend to equate to teens. I think it would also depend upon which point of the year as culturally and socially we equate dark and heavy colors with winter, late fall and even early spring. So black would be no different than a dark brown for instance. Sociology can be our friend in trying to explain away a lot of things as can psychology, heck even geography.

#54 Marrena

Marrena

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 01:22 AM

I think this board is divination! I was going to explain it further in a non-witchy context, like a Nicolas Cage or Jim Carrey movie. Other characters interact with their roles in a similar way--they are treated with a certain wariness, even if it's a straight role like Cage in The Family Man. And then I realized I am like them--I'm a Capricorn. I looked at their horoscopes and they both have a really strong Eris and lots of quincunxes in their charts, as do I. Hmm...they both are at their most disturbing when they try to act normal, to blend. Maybe I should wear more black. I'm going to start asking myself WWNCD :evillaugh: Sometimes it's easier to see one's own problem in someone else.

#55 RoseRed

RoseRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 02:21 PM

LOL With my 3 inch heeled boots and fringed leather accessories - I get taken for a biker chic more often than not.

#56 Lilitia

Lilitia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 08:26 PM

People think I'm a bit goth, but admittedly, I do resemble Morticia Addams when I am not wearing TDCJ grays.

One year my husband and I went as Morticia and Gomez for Halloween, all we had to do was put on regular clothes lol

My mama used to tell me 'bout these
Broke, poachin' ass bitches in these streets,
So many people wanna see me fall,
Invite me to the table but don't want me to eat at all.... ---- Z'Ro the Crooked

#57 Guest_monsnoleedra_*

Guest_monsnoleedra_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2015 - 08:42 PM

People think I'm a bit goth, but admittedly, I do resemble Morticia Addams when I am not wearing TDCJ grays.

One year my husband and I went as Morticia and Gomez for Halloween, all we had to do was put on regular clothes lol

I've got to ask who plays cousin It and thing?

#58 Lilitia

Lilitia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 09:02 PM

We were lacking in a Thing and Cousin It, sadly. Although my son could pass for Pugsley and my niece could be Wednesday (I went as her for Halloween when I was 9, all I did was braid my hair into 2 plaits, bingo!). A friend of ours who is ridiculously tall and unattractive drove us around and wore an old ugly suit, he was our Lurch :)
My mama used to tell me 'bout these
Broke, poachin' ass bitches in these streets,
So many people wanna see me fall,
Invite me to the table but don't want me to eat at all.... ---- Z'Ro the Crooked

#59 Guest_monsnoleedra_*

Guest_monsnoleedra_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2015 - 09:18 PM

That means you didn't have a Fester either....Could be worse I suppose and tried going as one of the Munsters...he he he

#60 bewitchingredhead

bewitchingredhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 11:36 PM

In fairness I've only read the last few replies so I apologize if this is off topic-
They used to make fun on one of my little brother's when he was a kid and called him Eddie Munster. If you saw some pics of him when he was really young (elementary school) you'd probably see why...lol. Poor thing. Love him to death though. He doesn't look like him anymore, ha.

I see you're getting your degree in art of the obvious~myself
Without music life would be a mistake~ Friedrich Nietzsche
Immorality: The morality of those who are having a better time~ H.L. Mencken
When nature has work to be done, she creates a genius to do it~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
We cannot teach people anything; we can only help them discover it within themselves~ Galileo