Seeing Through the Eyes of Others

ArcticWitch

I'm woefully ignorant of the academic knowledge and logistics of remote viewing, to the point of wondering if my experiences even fall into that category.  Hence, my first question is: what is the phrase or term (if there is one) for seeing through the eyes of an animal or other person?  I'm specifically looking for the context of sight only, not 'riding' or 'horsing'.

Almost immediately after moving into my house this time last year, I became aware of a presence high up in the tallest tree on the border of my property line.  It felt very aware of me, and the fact that I am a witch- which, frankly, was the first time I had ever felt something perceive and acknowledge my Practice.  I knew where it was because, when Travelling on two occasions, I saw my house from its vantage point.  The amount of available light and appearance of surroundings correlated to the viewing being in real time.  Being new to the Craft, I mulled over the possibility that perhaps I was connecting with the spirit of that specific tree, but I was never fully convinced that was an accurate theory.  There was a third instance, from the perspective of my backyard close to my bedroom, that was a very quick "glimpse" but certainly felt like the same energy signature (for lack of a better term).

Over the summer, I sensed more and more that whatever it was that I was tapping into was an animal, definitely predatory in nature.  And- forgive me for saying this, because it's so cliché (as you will soon see)- but it felt much wiser than what I was accustomed to from an animal.  I have a gift with animals because I can experience intense emotional empathy with them, but this was my first time feeling a purely intellectual connection with one.  Also during this time period, when windows were kept open at night to cool down the house, I enjoyed the hooting of my property's resident owl: I've never seen it, so I'm not sure what species of owl it is.  During the lunar eclipse earlier this month, it hooted quite a bit as the moon turned red.  I was finally able to "triangulate" its position, and realized it roosts in the general area where the aforementioned tall tree is.

At this point, I'm trying to reconcile if I have indeed shared the owl's mind (I never felt in control of the creature- it was simply offering me sight through its eyes).  The obvious solution to my confusion is simply to tap back into the connection with it- whatever 'it' actually is, owl or otherwise- and go from there.  The owl theory also seems terribly hackneyed: I mean, really...a witch and an owl?  Could a pairing be any more banal?  (Harry Potter, anyone? :P )

However, I would be very appreciative of some information on the topic, even if it's just being given the appropriate nomenclature so I can perform my own research.   :smile:

[Edited for clarity]

I have heard of people being animal phycics and have the ability in which you describe. bc you are so emtionally connected to animals I think you have develped this ability. I can't think of the proper term for this, but I will do some research.

I think it's called "Malkoviching" ;)

perhaps the term you're looking for is literally "clairvoyance"

I've experienced this more than a few times.  I've always called it hitchhiking, I don't know what the witchy term for it is.

Guest monsnoleedra

Using terms as I define them or know them you have a number of effects / affects going on here.

You have a very base skin walking going on.  You are wearing the creature you are seeing things through.  In essence sharing its body and its senses but retaining your humanity and human mind and perspective of observing things.  While skin walking more often falls into the notion of wearing a regalia or skins of the animal you wish to join with joining of the minds is still skin walking.  I will add skin walking in this fashion is not to be confused with the Nordic skin walker ie the Berserker nor is it the same as the Navajo Skin Walker which is a dark witch or practitioner.

Since you mentioned travelling I am assuming journey work.  Under that condition your falling into shift-shaping and shape shifting.

Shift shaping is either merging with the spirit of a guide or ally and taking on its body, movements, perspectives, etc.  Where is differs from Skin Walking to me is that when you shift shape you become the creature.  Your human mind and awareness is pushed to the background and you become the creature in the for part of your mind.  Depending upon the depths you go to you may loose your humanity all together and only experience things from the mentality of the creature and see it truly as that creature.  As such as you drop that form you may have lingering appendages or inputs that do not fit and may challenge your mind to the point you simply accept or you suffer conflicting bodies as you merge back together.  

Shape shifting is the active process of taking on the characteristics of an animal and trying to become it.  The thing here is it always occurs while awake and you actively try to experience the animal.  YOu experience wolf by being nude, walking upon all fours, lap your water, sniff the air, feel nature upon your skin and analyze it humanly against an animals actions.  Yet you never fully become the creature as you try to become one with its lower self vice the higher self of a species.

You may also have some parts of remote viewing going on as well.  Not distant viewing but the type where you almost are looking over the shoulder of a creature you've joined with.  In essence you've projected your own awareness and vantage point.  In some cases your out of body and are both aware of your own astral or spectral body from a third person perspective, ie you see your hands, legs, etc though in others your more 1st person and are only aware of what is registered via your eyes.  Almost as if your eyes are the only thing that has moved and there is no sensation of the actual body.

You may also have aspects of mental probing going on.  You sense the creature, you focus upon the creature and project your analytical self and mind to join with the creature.  The thing here, to me anyway, is your not trying to merge with it but to tap into it to see what it is seeing.  It is forceful and intentional as you try to somewhat dominate and control the creature to know what it is seeing.  Dominate and control being the thing that separates this from shift-shaping where you want to become one with it but not control it.  

From a human aspect your crossing into the notion of a rider, a driver and a possessor when something else utilizes those same traits against us.  Figure rider your like the passenger in a car, you see what is happening can analysis it and to a degree experience it as an observer.  A driver you've taken a side seat with the person and you experience all they feel, think, see, etc.  A possessor you dominate and control the person and force your will and presence to subjugate theirs.  The big thing being rider, driver and possessor being an entity that takes your body to experience humanity I suppose.

Did you ever see the old movie Beastmaster?  (Had that beautiful blonde dude running around in a loin cloth - yummy!)

He could see through the eyes of his 'friends'.  He didn't call them animals or pets - but friends.

I don't know if this falls under shape shifting.  She's not experiencing being the animal - simply seeing through their eyes.

Some things are cliche for a reason. 

Did you ever see the old movie Beastmaster?  (Had that beautiful blonde dude running around in a loin cloth - yummy!)

Marc Singer. :drool:

Guest monsnoleedra

He could see through the eyes of his 'friends'.  He didn't call them animals or pets - but friends.

I don't know if this falls under shape shifting.  She's not experiencing being the animal - simply seeing through their eyes.

Some things are cliche for a reason. 

Normally it doesn't fall under shape shifting but that's why I said it has aspects of it.

Want to blow your mind consider this, it also has aspects of being joined with a greater or lessor spirit of place.  Figure as such that entity has the ability to reach out and use the bodies and senses of whatever is under its protection and dominion.  It also has the ability to multi-possess all at once if what i've experienced and tales are true.  So you see what it is looking at but it borrows your human mind which enables it to analyze and understand things in a greater detail.  People forget we are animals as well so can be subject to the same influences that affect / effect the land.   RR think back to some of the things that happened on the old property and how you came to see.

The one thing that always tripped me up was the sensation of being overwhelmed by the sheer vastness of the minds perception.  Like hundreds of inputs or minds all at once being feed to you and your seeing, hearing, feeling, tasting all these thoughts all at once.  May take a second may take minutes before the reception is fine tuned and you pick up just one singular though process.  I always equated it to tuning a radio, lots of static and noise as you rotate the knob to pick out the one channel.  Things are fragmented, some loud, some soft, some almost sharp and hurts before you get it focused.  Seeing one of the major feeds as we do not need the mental or emotional feed with it just the ability to see and use our own memory and though process to analyze the feed.  Yet there almost is always a bit of side noise with it that gives us a bit of a clue to what we are seeing through.

Want to be mentally screwed up wait till one uses you to move but the vision your seeing is of yourself moving through the woods and the observation point of you shifts up, down, ahead, behind and yes even above as if looking up at you at times.  It both tracks you but manipulates or guides you to a destination and watches progress through the other creatures to make changes or ensure your going the right way.  But in my experience before that happens your conditioned so it can reach out to you and connect.  Almost like a sleep walker at times.

Yet being human and accessing our higher functions it would not specifically be unrealistic that we would not really recognize we are being borrowed ourselves.  Unless the entity needs to show us something or speak to us all we see is a distortion where we dream or think we are something else.

Guest monsnoleedra

Oh, I remember.  The thing is - she's talking about a very specific aspect of 'seeing'.

But she's also suggesting a process of being groomed.  An initial awareness of something observing her and her realization she is being watched and to a degree acknowledged.  A later sensation of viewing through another creature's eyes.  Even the suggestion of a higher intelligence suggests a meeting of minds and adapting.  Yet its all remained stationary at this point which to me further suggests its a grooming or preparation period.

Right now you have a assumption of it being Owl but that also rules out the medicine of owl which is wisdom and far sight as one aspect.  It ignores the notion of seeing into the darkness and revelation of what transpires within shadow and the unreal world.  Owl is also somewhat equated with journey work in that it is a liminal creature who haunts the dark but emerges and returns during the shifting period.  I would hazard a guess that it also has something to do with proximity to the ocean and river.

Lots of things suggest taking the first baby steps and being conditioned or groomed for the long run to me.

I intend to reply to the other comments, but for now my brain is focused on this:

But she's also suggesting a process of being groomed.  An initial awareness of something observing her and her realization she is being watched and to a degree acknowledged.  A later sensation of viewing through another creature's eyes.  Even the suggestion of a higher intelligence suggests a meeting of minds and adapting.  Yet its all remained stationary at this point which to me further suggests its a grooming or preparation period.

Right now you have a assumption of it being Owl but that also rules out the medicine of owl which is wisdom and far sight as one aspect.  It ignores the notion of seeing into the darkness and revelation of what transpires within shadow and the unreal world.  Owl is also somewhat equated with journey work in that it is a liminal creature who haunts the dark but emerges and returns during the shifting period.  I would hazard a guess that it also has something to do with proximity to the ocean and river.

----

Re: stationary vantage point.  There was only one incident that I didn't share, because it was so brief and I feel like I'm injecting too much personal interpretation into it to be objective.  I wasn't journeying, just dozing in bed in late evening, when I saw through the eyes of what felt to be the same creature/entity (except its presence felt less substantial when compared to when I experienced the tree vantage point, if that makes any sense?). The creature was focused and didn't offer the strong sense of acknowledgement towards me as in the previous instances.  I was viewing my backyard from the perspective of being about one foot off the ground.  The imagery lasted less than a second: quick glance around the yard, then head going down into the grass as if to pick up something with the mouth.  I've seen stellar jays on my property successfully hunt voles just a few feet away from the vantage point of that last glimpse of Sight, so when I came to full consciousness and mulled over what I had just experienced, my impression was that I was a relatively small predator having just caught some vermin for supper.

Re: medicine of owl.  Every connection with whatever It is exposes me to a resonance of awareness, bordering on prescience.  The awareness extends far beyond itself, which caught me completely off guard because what I usually connect with- humans, pets, wild animals- have given me a sense of only finite, linear, close-vicinity awareness.  Owl or not, I get the feeling that whatever I'm connecting with has been watching my neighborhood for a while- years, perhaps.

My brain hurts from processing all the perspectives shared here, but it hurts in a good way. :)  When my health takes a turn for the better, I'll see about actively seeking a connection and communicating with whatever it is.  But please keep ideas and theories coming- this is interesting stuff that I can't find ever being discussed in detail before on the forums.  I'm sure this thread can come in handy for others!

Guest monsnoleedra

As an aside though i'd be looking at whatever has been gifted to you in say the last year though especially since you moved there.  If what your seeing or sensing appears to be avian then i'd really pay close attention to avian things that have been gifted.

Deer were my connection and lots of deer gifting's or connections appeared for months before things got really strange.  Both living deer and the undead or bodies that kept being placed before me.

Archived