• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Hecolyte

Hecolyte

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 07:38 PM

Energy, energetic signatures and the "web"/"threads".... I was really surprised when I couldn't find a thread about this. (If I've somehow missed it, please let me know!).

Knowing how to detect/distinguish energies and visualize them has become important to me in beginning a traditional path, and while I believe there is shared knowhows and how people "do it", I think each person probably comes to the conclusion that certain methods work better than others. It probably comes very instinctively for many people, so it is difficult to describe :smile:.

I have been thinking a lot about this, and wonder if other people share this same feeling: There seems to be a difference in one's ability to direct energy/manipulate it/visualize it, and be able to "sense" different energies from outside sources. There has also been discussed in the forums about "following threads".

Anyways, I think this is something that is really important to starting/progressing along a traditional path, and was wondering how people became more attuned/refined, their experiences, etc... For me personally, I am much better with my own energies, or the energies of things I have worked with closely on a consistent basis (certain herbs, protections, certain entities, people I know well, etc), and I'm finding it difficult to generalize/increase these abilities.(Noob problems, lol). 

H

Edited by Hecolyte, 28 October 2014 - 07:39 PM.

#2 hawkwind

hawkwind

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 08:00 PM

For me It took awhile what I learned was I was feeling different energies I just didn't know it. Me, I feel some energies like a lite electrical shock. Spirits to me have a whole other feeling for me it is almost a feeling in my stomach hard to explain. I visulize my energy when doing a spell as a sphere of pure energy according to what kind of spell each one is a different color. I visualize very well it come like second nature to me but it took alot of practice. I like this topic!

#3 RoseRed

RoseRed

. . . Not a big believer in . . . cowinkydink ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 08:23 PM

There seems to be a difference in one's ability to direct energy/manipulate it/visualize it, and be able to "sense" different energies from outside sources.

They're 2 different skills.  One has to do with sensing (seeing) and the other has to do with interacting (touching/manipulating).  Yeah, they're both about energy but one has to do with input and the other with output.  It would be like trying to plug a microphone into a headphone jack - even though they both have to do with sound.

When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#4 Horne

Horne

Wyrdling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 09:57 PM

I don't think much in terms of energy, but I tend to feel "patterns" and "links" in seemingly seperate events, and when I do it's obvious to me these events are on the same strand of a weave somehow. I didn't "learn" this, as I've always been this way, so it's difficult to explain, but when I feel certain things I experience or encounter are related and acting upon that influences all else in releation to that, I know I'm doing something significant. I know this sounds weird and I hope it will make sense to at least someone. LOL

Let's say I pick up a crow's feather (like yesterday) and I feel it says something to me, and I also feel it relates to an "issue" in my life that is directly relevant and I need improvement on that issue, than the crow's feather becomes  (or perhaps rather becomes recognised as) a "tool" or "intermediary object" regarding that issue. I may use the feather intently or randomly at any moment that feels significant to mentioned "issue" and whatever the hell I do with (planned or spontaneous) it works towards the goal I want to achieve on the issue. Not understanding this and neither having the need to understand this, I do know that I'm somehow picking up on and reacting to something that's part of  a "web" or "thread" and that I'm doing something that feels "aligned" to other things in my life.

“Awake becomes
what once was known,

forgetfulness is fleeting.”

#5 Hecolyte

Hecolyte

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 05:26 PM

I don't think much in terms of energy, but I tend to feel "patterns" and "links" in seemingly seperate events, and when I do it's obvious to me these events are on the same strand of a weave somehow. I didn't "learn" this, as I've always been this way, so it's difficult to explain, but when I feel certain things I experience or encounter are related and acting upon that influences all else in releation to that, I know I'm doing something significant. I know this sounds weird and I hope it will make sense to at least someone. LOL

Let's say I pick up a crow's feather (like yesterday) and I feel it says something to me, and I also feel it relates to an "issue" in my life that is directly relevant and I need improvement on that issue, than the crow's feather becomes  (or perhaps rather becomes recognised as) a "tool" or "intermediary object" regarding that issue. I may use the feather intently or randomly at any moment that feels significant to mentioned "issue" and whatever the hell I do with (planned or spontaneous) it works towards the goal I want to achieve on the issue. Not understanding this and neither having the need to understand this, I do know that I'm somehow picking up on and reacting to something that's part of  a "web" or "thread" and that I'm doing something that feels "aligned" to other things in my life.

------------------------------------------------

I think I understand what you're saying about alignment, and I have felt that as well. 

How to extend that to a "working knowledge", or some ability clearly controlled,  though.... As in, being able to "see" the strands and follow them, or see that web, etc... Rather than just working with intuition and such.

In terms of energetic signatures, for example, I think it's one thing to be able to "feel" an energy, and know who/what it comes from..... but then to be able to visualize that energy or qualify it in another way, and do so when you want to... I feel like that's something that is hard to explain but a thing that needs to be learnt, you know? 

#6 Horne

Horne

Wyrdling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 05:59 PM

------------------------------------------------

I think I understand what you're saying about alignment, and I have felt that as well. 

How to extend that to a "working knowledge", or some ability clearly controlled,  though.... As in, being able to "see" the strands and follow them, or see that web, etc... Rather than just working with intuition and such.

In terms of energetic signatures, for example, I think it's one thing to be able to "feel" an energy, and know who/what it comes from..... but then to be able to visualize that energy or qualify it in another way, and do so when you want to... I feel like that's something that is hard to explain but a thing that needs to be learnt, you know? 

To me it's like recognising what is there by being observant more than actually seeing the strands or energy patterns. It's a bit difficult to put into words. I see the events happening or objects I encounter and I know what they're about. I totally suck at visualisation by the way but I can sense things very easily and when I sense/know something I don't need a visual and it needs no further comfirmation. I read people that way too, I can't see their energies but I sense what their "vibe" is all about.

I think I understand what you mean though, and visualising the energies can be of use for those who have a talent or natural ability for seeing things and use visualisation a lot. I guess we are all different in how we read things and no way is better or worse than any other, it's just about what works best for the individual.

“Awake becomes
what once was known,

#7 Hecolyte

Hecolyte

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 06:09 PM

To me it's like recognising what is there by being observant more than actually seeing the strands or energy patterns. It's a bit difficult to put into words. I see the events happening or objects I encounter and I know what they're about. I totally suck at visualisation by the way but I can sense things very easily and when I sense/know something I don't need a visual and it needs no further comfirmation. I read people that way too, I can't see their energies but I sense what their "vibe" is all about.

I think I understand what you mean though, and visualising the energies can be of use for those who have a talent or natural ability for seeing things and use visualisation a lot. I guess we are all different in how we read things and no way is better or worse than any other, it's just about what works best for the individual.

-----------------------------------------------------

Yep, I'm the same as you with the first paragraph and how you described it... When you just "know" or "feel" something. But then, I feel almost like that is "osmosis". It is there, I feel it out, and done. 

I'm wondering about developing these abilities further though, hence why I brought up visualization, etc. I visualize for a lot of other things, and I thought it might help me. I was wondering, maybe some people are quite visual about energy "reception". Like Rose put it, the "input", if you will. 

Edited by Hecolyte, 29 October 2014 - 06:09 PM.

#8 Horne

Horne

Wyrdling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 06:36 PM

-----------------------------------------------------

Yep, I'm the same as you with the first paragraph and how you described it... When you just "know" or "feel" something. But then, I feel almost like that is "osmosis". It is there, I feel it out, and done. 

I'm wondering about developing these abilities further though, hence why I brought up visualization, etc. I visualize for a lot of other things, and I thought it might help me. I was wondering, maybe some people are quite visual about energy "reception". Like Rose put it, the "input", if you will. 

Osmosis, never thought about it that way, but I think it's an interesting comparison!

I'm sure visualisation can improve big time for those who take the time to practice, but I guess talent is a major factor in developing abilitites as well. I tried to develop my visualisation skills before but I found it's not exactly my cup of tea and so I stuck to trusted methods of perceiving energies I feel comfortable with. I think if you feel strong enough about needing to develop your visualisation, and I think you do from reading your posts, than that may be the most likely beneficial way to proceed.

Edited by Horne, 29 October 2014 - 06:37 PM.

“Awake becomes
what once was known,

#9 Hecolyte

Hecolyte

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 10:22 PM

Hmm, I'm not sure... I feel like the technique to grasping how to manipulate energy and understand the web/connections between things is something that comes with practice. I'm not sure if visualization is what most people use... I know representation /using physical objects as representation of energies and intent is another way. I may try that and see how that goes! Any experience with that?

This is a multifaceted discussion, I realize, and I feel like we are referring to many topics at once! hehehe... 

#10 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 12:03 AM

I suck at sensing things, lol, or perhaps it is more apropos to say I suck at recognizing what I'm sensing, lol. Like if the norm is different, it feels creepy because it isn't the norm. But that doesn't mean it's bad, but since I'm human and accustomed to the human norm, I interpret different as "threat" or "creepy". I started with just sitting by my trees and closing my eyes so I didn't have the distraction of the most commonly used "sense" which is sight (I have yet to try it with ear plugs, lol). And then I concentrated with what I was FEELING. And I got to recognize the feel of my Elder trees, and then the basic feel of my garden. So then I do the same thing in differing weather, and differing times of the day/night, etc. And it slowly builds but it is still often hard to tell if it is something I am feeling, or something I am feeling from an outside influence. It isn't easy, and it gets overshadowed when I'm dashing out the door to work, lol. I have to make a point of sitting down and doing it, and hopefully one day it will become second-nature. But I try not to visualize because then I am dictating what I feel, and I am trying to pick up the feel of the energy around me, not what I am "expecting" to feel... Visualization I use more when I need to pull in a feeling that I'm not specifically feeling at that moment, if that makes sense.

M

#11 Hecolyte

Hecolyte

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 05:18 AM

I suck at sensing things, lol, or perhaps it is more apropos to say I suck at recognizing what I'm sensing, lol. Like if the norm is different, it feels creepy because it isn't the norm. But that doesn't mean it's bad, but since I'm human and accustomed to the human norm, I interpret different as "threat" or "creepy". I started with just sitting by my trees and closing my eyes so I didn't have the distraction of the most commonly used "sense" which is sight (I have yet to try it with ear plugs, lol). And then I concentrated with what I was FEELING. And I got to recognize the feel of my Elder trees, and then the basic feel of my garden. So then I do the same thing in differing weather, and differing times of the day/night, etc. And it slowly builds but it is still often hard to tell if it is something I am feeling, or something I am feeling from an outside influence. It isn't easy, and it gets overshadowed when I'm dashing out the door to work, lol. I have to make a point of sitting down and doing it, and hopefully one day it will become second-nature. But I try not to visualize because then I am dictating what I feel, and I am trying to pick up the feel of the energy around me, not what I am "expecting" to feel... Visualization I use more when I need to pull in a feeling that I'm not specifically feeling at that moment, if that makes sense.

M

---------------------

Wow! We started off trying to sense the same things in the same way.. Trying to sense out energies from plants and such... thats pretty cool. Have you tried the same thing with people around you...? That was pretty useful to me... 

And yes, visualization I find can be easily used for me to pull in something, and in my case I also use it to direct energies.. But the "sensing" or rather identification of them is a different story. Sensing by "feeling" what is around is one thing, but how does one even begin to start practicing to reach out longer distances and such? In starting this path, and in general, I think it's something overlooked, hard to describe, and that takes tons of practice... Tracing energy/energy signatures over long distances seems like it would be incredibly useful though... 

#12 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 01:57 PM

For me, I don't know that energy itself could be sensed if you're not in its vicinity. One reason why I am leary of long-distance healing. One reason also why I think it is good to cultivate relationships with things that CAN travel distances.... Like the wind...

Humans, I find, rely very much on the "human" senses, so I tend to get a feel for them by what they say (or don't say, lol) and their expressions (whether or not their smile reaches their eyes) and how they dress/present themselves, rather than by their energy. Their human senses tell a lot about a person. For someone (witch, etc.) who was trying to hide something or camofalgue (sp) themselves... well, look back at the thread about whether or not people feel nervous about you since people have started practicing the craft. And if they do and that's just mundane people feeling it, then to me your "vibe" is not being cloaked/hidden... And I think most witches don't really cloak their vibe (whether by choice or not I don't know).  It's more mundane people trying to pull one over on you (like at work, or someone you're dating, or something, lol).

For my personal path, it is very important to be able to cloak myself and just appear as a nice, friendly, somewhat eccentric middle-aged lady, lol. Which is basically what I am.... unless I choose not to be. By "hiding in plain sight" I can then be anything, and no one knows it. I think it is a trait well worth developing into a second nature so that people CAN'T sense who you are, or your vibe. If someone doesn't know what to expect of you, or they only expect what you allow them to expect, then you have the upper hand. Not to mention that it can make it harder for something to find you (unless they have DNA, lol)...

M

Edited by Michele, 02 November 2014 - 02:07 PM.

#13 Hecolyte

Hecolyte

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 09:45 PM

YES... and cloaking your personal energy every day (or at least trying to)... other people trying to sense/describe my energy have actually described to me my protections instead, which makes me feel as if I'm progressing at least a little ;). I don't like to make people nervous at all, but I have found among the people I know that some observant people can tell there's something "different" about me .... I just keep my mouth shut. My practice is private, as many here, so.... I wouldn't want anyone to be sensing that, unless it's on purpose.

Michele, I do not think that we can "sense" energy long distances in the way that both you, I (and Horne it seems, correct me if I am wrong) do, but some people are able to follow "threads" of some kind, or work with a web. I am most interested in this, but I find it hard to get a lot of solid info on it. I can sometimes get a sense for whats going on with people close to me that are far away, but thats without effort.. 

Ohhh the wind seems brilliant! I wonder, over shortish distances if animals could also be of aid... I guess there are always fetches for specific tasks, but I'm sort of looking beyond that to skills that don't really require that.... Something that can become more "second nature", you know?

Probably seems basic to a lot of folks here, but thats why I put this in "Starting a Traditional Path"... For people who are learning , like me :P

#14 Zombee

Zombee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 05:07 PM

When I was learning mediumship, we'd practice identifying each other's energy, first face to face, palm to palm. Next, One person at a time would stand silently behind us. We would feel everything we could sense non-physically from 1-3 feet away. Then we could name the person out loud and turn around to see if we were right. In the same way we identify each other, we could recognize different spirits who would work with us.

Edited by Zombee, 23 February 2017 - 03:11 PM.

#15 Deawic

Deawic

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 02:06 PM

When I was learning mediumship, we'd practice identifying each other's energy, first face to face, palm to palm. Next, One person at a time would stand silently behind us. We would feel everything we could sense non-physically from 1-3 feet away. Then we could name the person out loud and turn around to see if we were right. In the same way we identify each other, we could recognize different spirits who would work with us.

I've used a similar exercise but with stones, holding one like rose quartz to get a feel then putting amongst a few other diffrent type stones, running my hand over them with eyes closed and trying to feel the stone I'm looking for. Stones in pockets for practice on the go lol