• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 hawkwind

hawkwind

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 09:41 PM

This is something I have not figured out how to handle properly. I sometimes get spirits that contact me that don't realize their dead and this is tricky for me as to the proper way to approach the situation.The last time I had this happen I told them kindly that they had passed away and they need to go to the otherside where their other loved ones who have passed are at and this spirit got very angery and seem like they blame me. Which it is understandable to be anger to find out they are not alive. How would you guys handle this type of situation?

#2 RoseRed

RoseRed

. . . Not a big believer in . . . cowinkydink ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 10:27 PM

Nothing like taking it out on the messenger.  Living humans do it, too.  I wonder if that's a personality trait that carries over.

How else are you supposed to handle it besides how you already did?  Compassionate honesty.

When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#3 hawkwind

hawkwind

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 10:47 PM

I just didn't know if I have handled it properly. Thanks RR! One of my downfalls is second guessing myself.(low self-esteem).

#4 Caps

Caps

Phytokinesist

• Moderators
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 02:19 AM

Alternately, how would you feel about a human spirit who knows they're dead and won't move on?  They probably want something, and this is something I've been trying to get better about over the years.  For a long time I would only bother with spirits if I wanted something, and now I'm more open to understanding what they need and I'm finding that they will sometimes share their secrets with me.

I don't have any patience or tolerance for spirits or entities getting angry with me.  At all.

This has only happened maybe twice with human dead in my entire life.  I'm sure others here have handled it a lot more compassionately than I did.

"It is the still and silent sea that drowns a man." - Old Norse proverb

"It is better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war."

#5 Horne

Horne

Wyrdling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 02:54 AM

I don't handle that at all. Period. Spirits from my own strand of being and/or ancestry I can and will deal with, and gladly so, but other than that they're on their own and will have to seek their own kind of person/being to cling to, and they're not getting any of my attention, as I tend to only deal with the familiar and won't act as an intermediary for what doesn't directly relate to me or what doesn't directly concern me.

Edited by Horne, 28 October 2014 - 03:15 AM.

“Awake becomes
what once was known,

forgetfulness is fleeting.”

#6 hawkwind

hawkwind

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 01:29 PM

I guess my thing is with being a medium some spirits I just can't ignore. One thing about my personality some may call it a flaw but I am always feeling the need to help other alive or dead which is just the way I am. I am very selfless, has it got me in some trouble before? Yes, but I will never change that about myself For I am who I am.

#7 Guest_monsnoleedra_*

Guest_monsnoleedra_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 October 2014 - 01:43 PM

This is going to sound crazy but how do you know they are dead?  Unless you see them physically expire in front of you you assume they are dead.  Then even seeing them physically expire doesn't truly mean they are dead even then depending upon the spirit.

I spoke to one that historically I knew to be dead.  Funny thing was I was the spirit to its time and in its time it was fully alive.

I personally think people do not realize there are many levels to being dead.  A spirit that has dropped its earthly garb does not mean its task upon the physical is completed.  Nor does it mean the bindings that hold them earth bound are something they can easily slip and be allowed to cross over.  Some don't realize they are dead because the living will not let them.  Some can't pass because the living hold them bound here so they are living in their spiritual mind. Some can't cross because they know they went to their grave and death without certain rituals and such so fear to cross.

None of that even touching the spirit that has fled its body for some reason.  The spirit thinks its alive because its body is alive somewhere.  Perhaps taken over as it lay awake and the spirit in journey for instance.  Driven from its body at the moment of extreme pain or fear as it was sure death awaited as the final result.

Then there is the spirit shard that lingers as an energy form.  Neither dead nor alive but simply is.  Awareness only to the point where it splintered away from the main form and potentially trapped at a given time, place or event.  Like some dream captured and recorded upon a place and under the right conditions replayed before your eyes.  Many times because something in ones own spirit self resembles or nearly matches the energy from which is was fractured from.  A puzzle to deal with for it basically has to surrender its identity to reform to the rest that has crossed over, yet has a concept of itself as unique.

At times I wonder why the living can see themselves as head strong about something they know must be done, yet can not see those same strengths in the shade that remains and refuses its own death in order to fulfill its purpose.  Find the woman who remains to take care of the child that never grows.  The man who lingers to watch over the woman and family he left behind but can never find for they've aged and moved on.

Nope many levels to being dead and states of being dead.

#8 hawkwind

hawkwind

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 04:26 PM

I,m glade you have explained it to me in that way. I would never claim to know everything about spirits I can only go by what I have experienced. That's why I'm here is to try to learn more about such things I have never had anyone to explain to more in depth about the way spirits work. That's why I started this thread is because I want to learn as much as I can so I know how to properly handle situations. Much respect for your post thank you.

#9 Guest_monsnoleedra_*

Guest_monsnoleedra_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 October 2014 - 04:45 PM

Hawkwind,

I can assure you I know very little in the grand scheme of things.  Many parts I picked up because of an interest in how people around the world view their dead and ghost type activities.  Some because I had a spirit once ask me why I though I had a right to try and change its course.  It had elected to stick around and watch over his blood line.

Then I discovered there are some who can't cross but are being punished for something.  Those to me were usually violent and I think part of the punishment was to pine away at the life they lost and know it could never be theirs again.  So they are doomed to live on the edge, have it in their face but never be released from it.  So they strike out at that which causes them the most pain.  Was told you can't save them, the best you can do is maybe trap them to an area or an object then remove it from the presence of the living.

Like I said so many levels and states to being dead.

#10 RoseRed

RoseRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 08:20 PM

Then I discovered there are some who can't cross but are being punished for something.  Those to me were usually violent and I think part of the punishment was to pine away at the life they lost and know it could never be theirs again.  So they are doomed to live on the edge, have it in their face but never be released from it.  So they strike out at that which causes them the most pain.  Was told you can't save them, the best you can do is maybe trap them to an area or an object then remove it from the presence of the living

I came across one like that when I went to the haunted jail with the pathetic 'ghost hunters' - er, paranormal investigators.  The idiots that were terrified of what they were 'hunting'.  (Yup, they used the word hunting - ugh).

That was one of the most powerful binding spells I've EVER come across.  It was quite impressive.

#11 Izzie

Izzie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 02:22 AM

I only know about dealing with my ancestors. However; my husband seems to attract the dead at night when he's sleeping. They come in through the back door and stand at his side of the bed. Sometimes I think they just want to be acknowledged. I've not had an angry one, but I think because the spirit was once alive, it probably goes through a grief process. Part of that process is anger.
Know thyself means this, that you get acquainted with what you know, and what you can do.- Menander

#12 Guest_monsnoleedra_*

Guest_monsnoleedra_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2014 - 02:43 AM

I only know about dealing with my ancestors. However; my husband seems to attract the dead at night when he's sleeping. They come in through the back door and stand at his side of the bed. Sometimes I think they just want to be acknowledged. I've not had an angry one, but I think because the spirit was once alive, it probably goes through a grief process. Part of that process is anger.

The ones I encountered who are angry are more poltergeist like in that they strike out at everything and anything.  Most times a person who is in grief, in my opinion anyway, you can recognize and to a degree reach into them.  Those who are being punished have no such grief they simply relish in inflicting pain and injury.  Might be physical or psychological as their weapon of choice.  Most often if physical its welts, bruises or such, maybe tripping, pinching.  Except for the historical Bell Cave Witch of Tennessee i've never heard of one being able to actually kill a person.

Other entities that's a different story.  There are entities that mimic humanity and do take great joy in causing death or extreme pain.  The movie White Noise depicts such a group who gain strength and sustenance from the physical death of a person.  While I've never to my knowledge encountered an entity like that I have more than heard of many stories of encounters with similar type entities.    The movie The Entity is also supposed to be based in part from a entity that sexually molested and raped the woman it connected to.  Again never encountered one but its a mythology that has been fairly consistent through out historical records though we probably call them incubus and sucubus or some such similar thing.

To quote from Hamlet..There are more things under heaven and earth Horatio than are dreamt of by your philosophies. 

#13 RoseRed

RoseRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 03:14 PM

Have you done anything to keep them out of your home or bedroom?

#14 Hecolyte

Hecolyte

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 05:04 PM

------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you know if they could possibly be relatives of his?

Otherwise... Sleeping is a vulnerable time......

#15 Hecolyte

Hecolyte

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 05:08 PM

I came across one like that when I went to the haunted jail with the pathetic 'ghost hunters' - er, paranormal investigators.  The idiots that were terrified of what they were 'hunting'.  (Yup, they used the word hunting - ugh).

That was one of the most powerful binding spells I've EVER come across.  It was quite impressive.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ghost hunting... I hope they meant hunting like "finding", because it sounds like they were more likely to wet themselves than anything...

It sounds like an impressive curse.. I'm kind of jealous. 

Pissed off the wrong witch and didn't ally themselves to people who would ensure their passing... ouch...

#16 Izzie

Izzie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 05:18 PM

------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you know if they could possibly be relatives of his?
Otherwise... Sleeping is a vulnerable time......

His grandfather is around him a lot, but I'm not sure if he knew the other people. He wouldn't acknowledge that dead folks came to visit. I've since developed a warding routine, which actually needs to be done again. I also place bat nuts by the doors & they seem to work well.

Know thyself means this, that you get acquainted with what you know, and what you can do.- Menander

#17 Guest_monsnoleedra_*

Guest_monsnoleedra_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2014 - 05:27 PM

His grandfather is around him a lot, but I'm not sure if he knew the other people. He wouldn't acknowledge that dead folks came to visit. I've since developed a warding routine, which actually needs to be done again. I also place bat nuts by the doors & they seem to work well.

You do realize I hope that all your wards, protections, etc mean little to nothing if he gives an open invitation for them to come in.  In that regard its sort of like the old vampiric lore where an invite, even if its an unrealized one, allows for safe passage and entrance into the home.  If they are coming to him like that, and especially so while he sleeps that suggests a blanket invite on his part even though he may not realize he is doing it.

#18 Hecolyte

Hecolyte

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 05:59 PM

How well does he sleep, I wonder.....

Also, does he wake up rested?

About spirits not realizing they're dead and then "shooting the messenger".... Maybe you can do something to help them move on.  

#19 Izzie

Izzie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 06:56 PM

You do realize I hope that all your wards, protections, etc mean little to nothing if he gives an open invitation for them to come in.  In that regard its sort of like the old vampiric lore where an invite, even if its an unrealized one, allows for safe passage and entrance into the home.  If they are coming to him like that, and especially so while he sleeps that suggests a blanket invite on his part even though he may not realize he is doing it.

I'm not quite sure how to address it with him, as he thinks I'm nuts for believing this stuff.

#20 RoseRed

RoseRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 06:56 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ghost hunting... I hope they meant hunting like "finding", because it sounds like they were more likely to wet themselves than anything...

It sounds like an impressive curse.. I'm kind of jealous. 

Pissed off the wrong witch and didn't ally themselves to people who would ensure their passing... ouch...

Yeah, pretty much.  A couple of them  wouldn't even walk back into the place.

I guess you could call it a curse (since he's suffering for it) but it was just a really kick ass binding spell.