Return of Fire

Capsicum

These are some very short demo recordings of a solo project I started in 2007.  I currently have a load of new material for the Return of Fire project, and will likely be resurrecting the material over the course of the Winter.  The demo "Twelve Faces of Emptiness" has been expanded to a full 5 minute instrumental song and I'll probably be working some on that in the next several weeks or so.  The project started off as an experimental/improv mashup and morphed into a sludge/black project as of late.  I'm not the greatest at recording in general but here they are if you feel like checking it out.

Twelve Faces of Emptiness.mp3

Bury Fate.mp3

Continuance Revealed.mp3

Edited by Capsicum

Only time to listen to `Bury Fate´ right now. Great stuff! :smile: I like the edge the strumming gives. The beginning of it sort of had a middle eastern flavour to it, but that's just personal interpretation.

============

Thanks for your feedback!

The strumming has a signature recording "trick" that gives a distinct sound, it's actually an electric guitar played without an amp and then given a small amount of gain in the track processing.  I highly doubt I'm the first person to do this but I like the natural syncopation it produces.  Most of my material would have a Middle Eastern, or just Eastern sound to it because those are the types of scales and progressions I gravitate towards when I write original music :smile:

Edited by Capsicum

• 3 months later...

This is the intro track to the album I've been recording. I was originally going to release the album on Feb. 1st but I'm taking my time so that I can put out something worth putting my name on since I finally have decent recording hardware/software. I've probably already recorded and scrapped an album's worth of material, c'est la vie.

The track is titled "Lethe" after the river Lethe, which has some importance to my path. I have had visions and dreams of a river that matches its specific description as well as the Cave of Hypnos and the role that the river plays in both forgetfulness and the process of reincarnation in Greek myth.

Lethe.mp3

• 1 month later...