Blood Moon 2014

Cam

I'm still learning how to use my new camera, but I'm pretty happy with its performance last night.  Below is a collage of my favorites snapped last night:

october-eclipse_zps83fc4c5f.png

I was able to watch it from the start here (around 5:20am or so) until it was full around 6:20.  I tried taking some pictures but I don't think anything picked it up at all.  There were tons of meteors, many of them rather close because the "tails" on them stayed in the sky for about a minute sometimes.

Guest monsnoleedra

I started to watch it around 5:30ish as it slowly eclipsed until total eclipse around 6:30.  Sad part it looked a burnt brown vice a red color for me.  By 6:35 it was gone as the growing light of day and a heavy cloud cover blocked it out.  Occasionally a brightness with a reddish tint could be seen through the clouds but for me it was over.  Never did see any of the surrounding events in the sky.

Still as it grew darker it was like moving into the celestial womb, transitioning from the light of an inner place to the dark channel of the birthing canal and preparing for the return of light as one is birthed into the new life.  To see through the blood in a way I suppose as you go from the deep red of the womb and its nurturing into the darker blood and placenta that follows as you pass down or through the canal.  Sorry just how it made me think at the time. 

Archived