Photo
- - - - -

Finally met my true spirit guide! should I be feeling this different?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 hawkwind

hawkwind

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 12:37 AM

I have been in contact with this spirit a few times now and it did indeed help me with my low energy level. I now have had time to commune with the spirit and it has been nothing but helpful I feel it has good intentions so I will continue to work with this spirit!

#22 Atehequa

Atehequa

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 02:06 PM

I should not have used the word True. What I mean was this was the first that I felt really connected too. I some paths don't believe in spirit guides in this way. I have many spirits that I work with this one I just felt much more of a connection with. Trust me my imagination is in check. People will think what they want to think, everyone has their own beliefs and practices which I don't judge anyone for their practices no matter how different they are from mine.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Did this 'spirit guide' teach or give you a song?

#23 Guest_monsnoleedra_*

Guest_monsnoleedra_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2014 - 02:25 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Did this 'spirit guide' teach or give you a song?

You know that is one I don't often hear people ask.  I hear lots about guides that people find but seldom hear anyone speak about the song, chant or dance.  Because of that I used to think it more Native American in practice than new agey.  I was asked about it once and couldn't speak of a song but then I described what happened and was told "Oh you got the song as part of the dance".  Was sort of funny because the person then said ok your legit because of it. 

#24 Atehequa

Atehequa

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 06:02 PM

You know that is one I don't often hear people ask.  I hear lots about guides that people find but seldom hear anyone speak about the song, chant or dance.  Because of that I used to think it more Native American in practice than new agey.  I was asked about it once and couldn't speak of a song but then I described what happened and was told "Oh you got the song as part of the dance".  Was sort of funny because the person then said ok your legit because of it. 

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Legit or prepared? 

I've always referred to them as helpers and more often kin or friends. To my knowledge a lot of public dance songs are handed down, like bread and green corn dances. 

It was mentioned that spirits lie. Those I'm familiar with? It's often a case of people not knowing who or what they are encountering and attempting to converse with. Some are friendly and helpful, but can become rather dangerous. Others are tricky and at times great jokers and fibbers. Both good and bad or neither. It's not so much in an individual's expectations or wants as they are not personal servants. For me there are no prayers, meditation or invocations as they know when they're needed and decide for themselves when to assist, or 'guide'.

I'm not saying that is how it is for everyone, but rather what's around me and others I know.

Edited by Atehequa, 27 October 2014 - 06:04 PM.

#25 hawkwind

hawkwind

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 07:35 PM

I spoke to my father after the first event I had with this spirit and at first he never got back to me on it. about a week and a half ago I did speak to him about it and he asked what the spirit appears as and I told him and he said it is my great grandmother, she has always appeared to him in that same way and also to my grandmother. The time and manner by which she came was not because of my meditation but because of my health. He told me that at first she will not say here name she just helps when she feels you need it. After a while she will. Which he was right bc I never knew my great grandmothers first name. about the third time she came to me she told a name Edithe which I did not tell my dad that name the day I spoke to my dad he had told me her name which was Edithe. When I told My dad what she had said he told me she was at the hospital when I was born she held me and put amarking  on my head he said the marking in our tradtion means beacken and one was put on my grandmother and father and me. It is suppose to let the person who applies the marking always find that person after the applier as gone to the spirit world. She died five days after I was born.

#26 RoseRed

RoseRed

. . . Not a big believer in . . . cowinkydink ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 10:33 PM

I've got goosebumps, dude!

When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#27 hawkwind

hawkwind

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 10:41 PM

goosebumps in a good way or a bad way.lol

#28 Caps

Caps

Phytokinesist

• Moderators
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 02:56 AM

**********************************************************************************************************************************

It was mentioned that spirits lie. Those I'm familiar with? It's often a case of people not knowing who or what they are encountering and attempting to converse with. Some are friendly and helpful, but can become rather dangerous. Others are tricky and at times great jokers and fibbers. Both good and bad or neither. It's not so much in an individual's expectations or wants as they are not personal servants. For me there are no prayers, meditation or invocations as they know when they're needed and decide for themselves when to assist, or 'guide'.

I'm not saying that is how it is for everyone, but rather what's around me and others I know.

=====================

I'm not saying that ALL spirits lie or have malevolent intent, but my general practice is to distrust them until they prove otherwise.  I think it's just default for me to assume it's not being truthful with me, but depending on the circumstance I may play along just to see where it goes.  I'm currently involved with some heavy shit with a non-human entity I have no business trusting, but I think I'm making some progress.  Funny you guys mention dancing...I really don't want to say too much. One of these days I'm going to put my saga somewhere on here for reference for other witches, probably as an upload because it's pretty extensive. I have documentation of the entire scenario so far, and it's only been going on for a few months.  You being relatively local to my area might have some interest in the investigation...monsno sent me some words of wisdom when I told him about it to "be careful not to chase the rabbit into its hole" or something of that nature...which is already my default stance.  I don't know why I'm making an exception, but sometimes when the path calls you must answer.

"It is the still and silent sea that drowns a man." - Old Norse proverb

"It is better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war."

#29 RoseRed

RoseRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 03:16 PM

Neither good nor bad.  Just a reaction I get when I know in my gut that what I just read is true and can almost feel the 'wow' of it.

#30 hawkwind

hawkwind

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 04:10 PM

I was glad my dad told me and when she does call to me I know that it is always to help me or warne me about things. :smile:

#31 Guest_monsnoleedra_*

Guest_monsnoleedra_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 October 2014 - 04:54 PM

I was glad my dad told me and when she does call to me I know that it is always to help me or warne me about things. :smile:

Let me give a warning here.  I have a sister that died about a year after I was born but close to the point where I died.  All of my life I have seen her spirit near me, talked to me and has grown and aged with me.  Then for a period there was another entity that tried and damn near succeeded in passing itself of as her.  Used her voice, her mannerisms, the whole nine yards.  But then it started to tell me how death was better and that my time was up and I needed to cross while she was there to safely aide me.  Lots of depressing thoughts, suicide as an option and justification for things. It had mimic her so closely I could not tell it from her.  Yep even to the point where I had a knife in my hand and was almost taken over as my wife fought against that one.

That sister no longer stands close to me for she saw she was the vehicle that was used to manipulate me.  Something that stood between the land of the living and the land of the dead and could block the other out.

So why it seems familial and may even seem that way never assume it is simply because things seem to suggest it is.  Many things can take the form of a doppleganger and try to pass itself off as who you think it is.

Edited by monsnoleedra, 28 October 2014 - 04:55 PM.

#32 Guest_monsnoleedra_*

Guest_monsnoleedra_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 October 2014 - 05:06 PM

Legit or prepared? 

I've always referred to them as helpers and more often kin or friends. To my knowledge a lot of public dance songs are handed down, like bread and green corn dances. 

You know I really don't know the answer, was it legit or prepared.  I admit some days I swear I am as blind as a new born babe fresh to the world, other times I feel ancient and have the memories and knowledge of all my ancestors.  Most often though I feel somewhere between those two extremes.

I found that for a lot of the dances you couldn't be human to perform them.  You had to shape-shift or shift-shape in order to become one with the guide that was working with you.  Many you encountered in dream or journey and had to shape-shift and become them.  At times even giving up your humanity to the extent that when you changed back you could feel the animal and its senses conflicting with the human senses.  Other times it was shift-shaping where you keep your humanity but mimicked the guide and tried to connected with it via the human mind.  Sort of walking on all fours, drinking like the wolf, speaking like the wolf, etc to become but not fully become.  Only by becoming them did you see the depth and truth to their messages and lessons.

But the biggest thing with guides, allies and such was that you had to constantly remember they are not human so do not have human motivations or morality.  So one allie might aide you then the next moment strike out at you because it was their nature.  Like the mother wolf who nurtures her cub but then swats it to make it stronger and learn to hunt or defend.  Yes its painful and many times seems harsh but it is the way of the guide and its lessons to do so.

Sorry drifted off there.

#33 Atehequa

Atehequa

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 11:24 PM

You know I really don't know the answer, was it legit or prepared.  I admit some days I swear I am as blind as a new born babe fresh to the world, other times I feel ancient and have the memories and knowledge of all my ancestors.  Most often though I feel somewhere between those two extremes.

I found that for a lot of the dances you couldn't be human to perform them.  You had to shape-shift or shift-shape in order to become one with the guide that was working with you.  Many you encountered in dream or journey and had to shape-shift and become them.  At times even giving up your humanity to the extent that when you changed back you could feel the animal and its senses conflicting with the human senses.  Other times it was shift-shaping where you keep your humanity but mimicked the guide and tried to connected with it via the human mind.  Sort of walking on all fours, drinking like the wolf, speaking like the wolf, etc to become but not fully become.  Only by becoming them did you see the depth and truth to their messages and lessons.

But the biggest thing with guides, allies and such was that you had to constantly remember they are not human so do not have human motivations or morality.  So one allie might aide you then the next moment strike out at you because it was their nature.  Like the mother wolf who nurtures her cub but then swats it to make it stronger and learn to hunt or defend.  Yes its painful and many times seems harsh but it is the way of the guide and its lessons to do so.

Sorry drifted off there.

I dig.  Can't dance up and down tall tree boles in human form.  

They're not human, but man, sometimes it's difficult to tell the difference, especially when 
all one of them lacks from being whole is a nail on a little toe. 

Rarely should they be asked to assist with anything regarding human contending with human unless of course that human has assistance. Simple situations, like a asshole boss, troublesome neighbor or relationship problems? Those I know would be put off over such trivial matters.  There are those some would refer to as 'black witches' or those in alliance with or even servants of evil spirits who will, usually for a price interfere in such petty human affairs. That could lead into conflict between practitioners and whatever assists them. Bad medicine against bad medicine. In no way mystically inspirational. I wouldn't call such spirits coming into that kind of play, 'guides'. In my traditions such kin, friends, helpers or even guides first come into one's life during adolescence when the innocence of childhood is being left behind. At a girl's menarche in appropriate lodgings or for the boys, near naked in some wild remotely sacred place. Here there is the Huskenaw. Having to fast for two weeks, sacrifice a fingertip or pledge to carry out some extremely difficult task seems to take all the floofy mystical prettiness out of becoming acquainted with such spirits. 

Edited by Atehequa, 28 October 2014 - 11:33 PM.

#34 Guest_monsnoleedra_*

Guest_monsnoleedra_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2014 - 12:39 AM

Sounds like your talking about Raven Mockers or Skin Walkers.  Not something to trifle with for sure in my opinion.

Family always told me mine started when I died and things started to show up after that.  Took many years though before I could talk about some of it or even find family elders that could talk to me about it and understand.

#35 Atehequa

Atehequa

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 09:35 AM

Sounds like your talking about Raven Mockers or Skin Walkers.  Not something to trifle with for sure in my opinion.

Family always told me mine started when I died and things started to show up after that.  Took many years though before I could talk about some of it or even find family elders that could talk to me about it and understand.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Even perhaps the Tagkanysough as they're known in this area.

#36 Guest_monsnoleedra_*

Guest_monsnoleedra_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 November 2014 - 04:59 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Even perhaps the Tagkanysough as they're known in this area.

Ironic I suppose but I had never heard that word before.  Actually had to look it up.  What's funny, well to me anyway, is that it was referenced with Manitou which is a word I use quite a bit actually.  Even the term quiyoughcosuck is a bit familiar to me though the last part of the word is what always sticks in my mind as I can't pronounce it properly.  When I heard it in dreamtime I recall coughsuck is how it sounded to me but never could find out what it was.  That occurred in the same dream vision where the white dressed lady introduced me to ghost spirits and had me dance into them and then with a specific group.  I recall it like it was yesterday.  Standing outside that ring of fire and the shadowy shapes dancing about the flame.  How she took my hand and cried "Wolf, Dancers"  then looked at me "Dancers, Wolf" then we stepped into the dancers and what were shadows were then people and animals, passing back and forth from one to the other.  The dance itself I do not speak of to much as it seemed sacred to me.  So one door closes but another has opened..

http://www.encyclope...ns-indians.html

#37 Atehequa

Atehequa

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 12:18 AM

Ironic I suppose but I had never heard that word before.  Actually had to look it up.  What's funny, well to me anyway, is that it was referenced with Manitou which is a word I use quite a bit actually.  Even the term quiyoughcosuck is a bit familiar to me though the last part of the word is what always sticks in my mind as I can't pronounce it properly.  When I heard it in dreamtime I recall coughsuck is how it sounded to me but never could find out what it was.  That occurred in the same dream vision where the white dressed lady introduced me to ghost spirits and had me dance into them and then with a specific group.  I recall it like it was yesterday.  Standing outside that ring of fire and the shadowy shapes dancing about the flame.  How she took my hand and cried "Wolf, Dancers"  then looked at me "Dancers, Wolf" then we stepped into the dancers and what were shadows were then people and animals, passing back and forth from one to the other.  The dance itself I do not speak of to much as it seemed sacred to me.  So one door closes but another has opened..

http://www.encyclope...ns-indians.html

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The Quiyoughcosough and Tagkanysough counterbalancing each other. Certainly they have different names in other Algonquian dialects. Manitou, or Monnitou in a plural sense. All should be revered and receive gifts. 

Then there are the tricksters. When it comes to those seeking 'kin, friends and helpers', I can only imagine how many unprepared or even ignorant people have been taken for long canoe rides in little mud puddles by some of those beings, or else led into precarious situations.

Your recounting part of that dream has me thinking you were taught a dance. I don't blame you for keeping that part under wraps. For me, not all dreams or parts of dreams should never be openly and clearly revealed, especially to strangers. I believe souls can be stolen, enslaved or even eaten by revealing such dreams. One can find her or himself in a terrible fix when certain practitioners or their assistants are able to enter another's dreams.  

Edited by Atehequa, 05 November 2014 - 12:18 AM.

#38 RoseRed

RoseRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 02:24 PM

Ain't that the truth.

#39 Izzie

Izzie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 04:52 PM

Just to chime in with Wexler, just because the feeling you get from a spirit can be good does not always mean that it IS good. As I do not know your practice, I cannot judge what is good or not. If it is a true spirit guide, then I am happy for you to have some aide along your life journey. I am so grateful to my ancestral guides, even if they are a bit lippy from time to time with their ideas vs my own. 

Personally I would be wary of a spirit that just popped in during a normal meditation, but I've had enough happen to me in life that I would rather ere to be wary than welcome in something unwanted.

Spirit communications I initiate typically are done through meditation, although I've had unintended contact twice. I did a total house cleanse after one encounter, I'm afraid it's a hazard we always need to be aware of.

Know thyself means this, that you get acquainted with what you know, and what you can do.- Menander

#40 ArcticWitch

ArcticWitch

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 07:00 PM

Re: the issue of trusting spirits...

When I first started my Path, I too embraced the mindset of "Don't believe what the spirits say; never trust them".

What I discovered is that I was closing myself off from the full spectrum of communications and experiences by allowing my interactions to be guided by the pre-conception of distrust.

So I switched my tactic and began interacting with spirits and entities exactly like I do living humans: complete ambivalence, take on the role of the listener/Receiver, maintain strong boundaries about what I'm willing to share about (and of) myself.

The unintentional result has been a life of congruity with spirits, entities, and elementals that don't exactly have the highest regard for mankind's wellbeing. It's been an interesting experience, and maintaining a sense of ambivalence has, to my surprise, seemed to generate a level of mutual respect among most Things.  I have a fuzzy impression that the function of respect in the spirit world is based on acceptance and not judging/assessing Them by human standards- much different than the trust-based respect typically promoted among living humans.