33 replies to this topic

#21 Wexler

Wexler

Something wrong? Blame retrograde

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 06:41 PM

I have come to realize recently that I no longer tolerate abnormal lighting conditions. Several months ago I replaced all the bright bulbs in my room with the dimmest ones I could find. Then I went from using electric lights to just opening the blinds the majority of the time. The only time I use electric lighting in my room is after dark, and I use colored lights like red or green because everything else irritates me. Similarly, I feel indoor lighting should match the weather outside (such as dim lights if it's cloudy) and if it isn't, I feel very agitated. I am turning in to quite the light-grump, apparently.

'Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.'

'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.'

[avatar source]

#22 RoseRed

RoseRed

. . . Not a big believer in . . . cowinkydink ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 08:20 PM

Do you feel the 'buzz' in the electricity?

The lighting matching the weather makes sense.  I prefer it that way, too.  Those of us that are drawn to Nature in this special way get it, hun.  That's actually pretty normal.  Just relax into it.  If you prefer your environment that way - then enjoy it that way.

When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#23 Wexler

Wexler

Something wrong? Blame retrograde

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 09:17 PM

I don't feel a buzz from any electricity, but I've never tried to tap into that.

'Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.'

'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.'

[avatar source]

#24 Hecolyte

Hecolyte

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 09:51 PM

Lights/electricity are very distracting to me sometimes... lighting for me distracts me from building strength and focus...anyone else feel that way?

As far as a change in taste goes, it's very hard to say because my life has been moving at a fast pace lately with some turbulence.. but I can say even before this all started, I had a decrease in appetite with no drop in energy. Usually if I don't eat I feel hungry and tired, but after I started focusing more attention on my path, I just wasn't eating as much and had as much energy. It was interesting... 

Edited by Hecolyte, 06 December 2014 - 10:17 PM.

#25 hawkwind

hawkwind

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 03:28 AM

Hecolyte I am the same way lights and electricity make it very hard for me to build energy. I have recently been going through changes in my senses I find that I am more sensitive to different types of energy around me other peoples energy and natural earth energy. Which has made my Craft more effective in certain ways. I do like a dim blue light I find it very relaxing and opens up my mind. As far as taste I have been craving sweets like crazy and I ways a person who hardly ever ate sweets. :wink:

#26 Stacey

Stacey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 12:52 AM

I think the one thing that has changed for me is I prefer the quiet, when I was younger, before I started practising more often, I could listen to music while doing things (reading, computer etc). Now I can't handle it, the noise invades my mind too much. I had an energy worker tell me it was because my mind is busy which is why I can never truly quiet it. That and lamb always smells decomposing to me when it cooks so I can't stomach it.

"The mind is not a book, to be opened at will and examined at leisure. Thoughts are not etched on the inside of skulls, to be perused by an invader. The mind is a complex and many-layered thing." Severus Snape - HP and the Order of the Phoenix

#27 travsha

travsha

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 01:06 AM

I've noticed the music thing - used to listen to music nonstop, but now I prefer quiet unless I am making the music myself....

I can eat lamb all day though - probably my second favorite meat after goat.

Ever get stinky broccoli though? Now that stuff smells gnarly!

#28 hawkwind

hawkwind

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 02:10 PM

Travsha you brought up smells and that made me realize that I used to love Maple syrup and candy now I can't stand the smell of Maple. It is funny how we change in such ways.

#29 travsha

travsha

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 05:11 PM

Funny!  When I practice dieta in the Amazon (restricted diet/fast), it really changes your sense of smell....  Certain things about other people will smell incredibly strong and gnarly - especially semen and menstrual fluid....  You can actually smell them on people who come in from town sometimes, and it is surprising intense during the length of the diet.  (fades after you end the diet and add salt ect back into your diet).  I remember one guy apparently couldnt take the "no sex" requirement of dieta, and went into town to "get supplies"....  While getting supplies, they also masturbated, and everyone could smell it when he got back - it was pretty funny and strange that so many people could smell what he had done!  

#30 hawkwind

hawkwind

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 09:25 PM

LOL! :roflhard:

#31 Nikki

Nikki

Air Bender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 05:05 PM

I crave Cayenne pepper, it's so bizarre. I must have it. It's been over a year now with no signs of stopping.

Fasting is demanded of me before a large working... kinda sucks b/c the spontaneity of magic goes out the window.

I've come to know that when my appetite vanishes for 16+ hours, 'work' is on the way.

I feel better when I eat 3-5 small meals throughout the day (ignoring traditional meals and meal time entirely.) 

Raw food makes me giddy.... Such a rush. So freaking weird, like I'm drunk.

ALL 'NEW' to me.

**RR, been feeling the buzz of electricity since I can recall... I can hear it humm and sing, change pitch and intensity... 24/7.

99.9% I feel the phone or doorbell before it actually rings.

**Wex, that bright lighting has always bothered me, too. I sooo get that weather matching the lighting thing !!! 

**Travsha - ugh that heightened sense of smell can be really gross sometimes. Glad I wasn't there for that. So Nasty... haha 

Edited by Nikki, 13 December 2014 - 05:15 PM.

The difference between Medicine and Poison is the Dose. :oil-bottle:
I Love you as certain Dark Things are to be Loved,
In Secret, Between the Shadow and the Soul.
- Pablo Neruda

#32 Faeriechilde

Faeriechilde

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 06:06 PM

I have stopped eating meat. I have never been a big meat eater but as my path progressed I started to get freaked out by meat. Now I am a happy vegetarian. I have tried eating a piece of fish but it tasted horrible and the smell of meat being cooked nauseates me. I do get occasional cravings for sushi but I am not able to go through with purchasing it.

#33 hawkwind

hawkwind

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 03:46 PM

Since you mentioned veggies, I have been craving some that I used to hate like beets,squash and egg plant. :carrot:

#34 greybones

greybones

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 05:40 PM

Good to know it's not just me. I've never had a huge sweet tooth either, but since shifting paths I find refined sugar and overly sweet foods have become completely revolting! Alternately, I find i've started having very strong cravings for bitter stuff like AC vinegar (on almost everything!) and very sour kombucha. I also find I am easily overwhelmed and can't concentrate well in places with lots of lights/electricity.