Do you think there is a connection?

Palemoon

I had a strange bit of information yesterday and it has really thrown me, I'd like outsiders opinions on this please.

3 years ago when my mum died there was a huge family fall out and I hadn't spoken to my dad, stepmum or sister in all that time. Since it happened I had health scares needing scans and surgery. I kept feeling really pressed down and like something evil was bearing down on me, I really felt I was being wished ill. It got so bad this year that in the spring I planted protective plants around my garden perimeter and did spells to turn the evil back the way it came.

I tried to think who it could be sending this to me and decided it was either my sister or stepmum. I dismissed my sister as she just isn't this was inclined, but there was something that bothered me about my stepmum. She is a big member of her local church, does all sorts of work with its events, attends every Sunday etc; but when she married my dad at a registry office his sister rang me the next day and said "did you see the veil on her hat? It had pentagrams in the design!" I hadn't noticed (I was too busy looking after my toddler) but I thought she must have been mistaken. Why would a Christian have that woven into her veil?

Then recently one of my mums sisters died and I had to let my dad know. Yesterday he came to visit and in passing mentioned how my stepmum has become really ill earlier this year after a flea bite on holiday and now has an ongoing immune condition. As he said it I just thought is this her curse biting her back? I don't go in for the wicca threefold thing, but I do believe in karma. What do people here think? Could there be something in it or is it just a coincidence?

There are folks that are xtian witches or rootworkers (hoodoo), and at least in hoodoo enemy work is a part of it. That's one possibility, but then again it your stepmom's illness could be unrelated all together.

A lot of us here don't believe in the 3 fold law, but we do believe in taking responsibility for our actions. If your stepmom did enemy work it could have backfired possibly. But if someone was sending me negative energy, I would return it to sender also.

Have you tried a pendulum for this? If not maybe someone not emotionally tied to the situation can use a pendulum to find out if anyone has done work against you. Then you would have some idea on what direction to go in.

Would there have been a reason for her to curse you?

Sometimes people just get ill and the illness has it's own way of making the body feel a certain way.

It is true that alot of people on here don't believe in the 3 fold law of wicca, or even karma for that matter.

Try to get to know her better. For the sake of your Father, if he is still in love with her. Let bygones be bygones and see what she's all about. If she's witchy like that; you just might make a new friend.

Would there have been a reason for her to curse you?

Sometimes people just get ill and the illness has it's own way of making the body feel a certain way.

It is true that alot of people on here don't believe in the 3 fold law of wicca, or even karma for that matter.

Try to get to know her better. For the sake of your Father, if he is still in love with her. Let bygones be bygones and see what she's all about. If she's witchy like that; you just might make a new friend.

----

Good point, it never hurts to have another friend.

Or to keep your enemies close.

(If it is a curse)

This^^

And keep your protection up.

Very odd about her veil, being that she is xtian.  But she may simply have thought they were just stars or something.

My very xtian grandmother-in-law (who did not know I was/am a witch) gave me a Santa bell for Christmas once that was one of those "Father Christmas" kind of Santas.  He wears a cloak with pentagrams all over it.  I doubt seriously she thought anything of it as far as the pentagrams.  (Funny, it's the only Christmas gift she ever gave me that I actually liked.)

You may be grasping at straws about your stepmother and curses,  BUT I do know people who are rabid xtians in public but still practise the craft in private.  Just keep yourself protected.

• 2 months later...

**UPDATE**

I thought I would come back here with an update as this thing gets stranger and stranger.

After I last posted I saw my dad a bit more and built bridges. Then I saw my step mum twice. The first time she gave me a hug but she looked a bit cold behind the smiles and made a snide remark about my weight. The next week I bumped into her by chance and she seemed a bit warm so I felt better about it all.

Then about 10 days ago I felt really strange, I was suddenly anxious like I knew something was wrong or someone was wishing me ill. It came completely out of the blue, but it was so strong that I smudged the house with protective incense taking special care around windows and doors, and the fireplace. The whole time I was chanting for protection and to bounce back any ill will to those sending it my way. Then my dad rang last night to say a parked car had reversed into my stepmum in the street. She is fine, just scrapes and bruises; but I do wonder if there is some connection.

Archived