Sign in to follow this  
Horne

Nature Pics

Caps, this photo has stuck with me since I first saw it- do you know of any significance associated with this spot?

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h297/Psyclonix/Mobile%20Uploads/20150104_163105_zpsmogl53ai.jpg

(Sorry I couldn't embed the image, but the forum editor doesn't have as many options when posting from my phone.)

====

That's an assumed location of a grave of a USA soldier from the local battle. There are 3 in close proximity to the slave cemetery. There are several unmarked spots of USA soldiers in the direct area, this is just one of them. Most of the fallen CSA soldiers were buried near the courthouse locally, and those from the local militias have headstones in the area on their family lands. We don't have any documentation on what kind of grave it actually is but a neighbor down the road does have some documentation from the county that there are Union graves on his property.

Do you have any plans to make a faerie house or garden?

That's beautiful and the first thing I thought of when I saw it.

Do you have any plans to make a faerie house or garden?

That's beautiful and the first thing I thought of when I saw it.

---

There are a few special places on my property where nature has created its own unique spaces for fae. I spent some time digging for photos I took of those spots, but can't find them. I'll take some new pics with my new[ish] camera and post them in a few months. One whimsical spot in particular that I regularly communed with has a type of charming fungus appropriately called "pixie cups".

Yes, that's a might fine hole in the ground indeed lol ;)

I mean c'mon, I'd live there.

post-2241-0-61535000-1424404336_thumb.jpg at my friends farm.post-2241-0-96047600-1424404380_thumb.jpgthis baby was rejected by her mother. I did my best to give her some good vibes and the mom accepted her again after I left!post-2241-0-09401400-1424404487_thumb.jpg

post-2241-0-23757500-1424404516_thumb.jpg

post-2241-0-14157400-1424404560_thumb.jpg

post-2241-0-15128600-1424404595_thumb.jpg

post-2241-0-35392600-1424404619_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2

The small mountain crest near my house, I intend to take a picture of it again when the spring plants are out as well

20150316_191835_zps4upn3lka.jpg

Here in the Old Dominion we're definitely experiencing Spring, has been averaging around 79F (26C) for the past week and forecasted to be about the same for the next week.

Apple, plum, and cherry blossoms:

20150417_161646_zpsgs9rzu7u.jpg

20150417_161759_zps2n8evsmq.jpg

20150417_161908_zpsvwkiabzi.jpg

• Upvote 1

That is awesome ImamSua! Wow! A steaming volcano and mama and baby moose all in the same walk!

I'm a rather dull witch in the sense that, far more often than not, I don't assign special status to interesting-looking natural things. From where I am on my Path, a bird is probably just a bird, and a tree is more than likely "just" a tree: magical in their own way, but not necessarily holding a "special" or unique connection to the Current.

So you can imagine my surprise when I discover something that is indeed unique, and resides in a place that I had already identified a while ago as having an energy signature (for lack of a better term) quite different from the surrounding area.

natural-stang_zpsacymdcsv.jpg

I'm looking forward to visiting this spot again and doing some more in-depth exploration of its possible magical properties.

[Edited for clarity]

Holy shit!!!!!!!

That looks like a totem pole! It's got the bird on top with the wings spread and different creatures and critters all the way down!

I think you just found your Nature Made Alterspace and sacred spot. Wow! Can you guys Feel it?

Holy shit!!!!!!!

That looks like a totem pole! It's got the bird on top with the wings spread and different creatures and critters all the way down!

I think you just found your Nature Made Alterspace and sacred spot. Wow! Can you guys Feel it?

----

I forgot to mention that the tree is perched on a lake shore. :D

Honestly, there are so many spots with unique energy around here, there isn't really one in particular that's my regular go-to. This summer I'm going to need to draw up a 'Magical Menu' map of special spots so I can easily reference where I should go for what type of Working. And yes, not a day goes by without me feeling very grateful to have access to such a plethora of stunning, powerful natural places.

I'm a rather dull witch in the sense that, far more often than not, I don't assign special status to interesting-looking natural things. From where I am on my Path, a bird is probably just a bird, and a tree is more than likely "just" a tree: magical in their own way, but not necessarily holding a "special" or unique connection to the Current.

So you can imagine my surprise when I discover something that is indeed unique, and resides in a place that I had already identified a while ago as having an energy signature (for lack of a better term) quite different from the surrounding area.

I'm looking forward to visiting this spot again and doing some more in-depth exploration of its possible magical properties.

[Edited for clarity]

I thought it looked like a giant stang, but I can see the totem pole thing too. Very cool.

20150529_191835_zpsoknnwmy0.jpg

Black nightshade, S. americanum. If you look closely you can see some unripe berries in the center of the picture :)

20150529_192321_zpsh5d0a5ds.jpg

Some of my 17 month old Capsicum plants

@Eidolon, when you upload directly to this site the pic shows up as a thumbnail, I get the large pictures by using an external image hosting site and embedding the image. We can see your pics when we click on the thumbnail just fine :)

20150529_191835_zpsoknnwmy0.jpg

Black nightshade, S. americanum. If you look closely you can see some unripe berries in the center of the picture :smile:

20150529_192321_zpsh5d0a5ds.jpg

Some of my 17 month old Capsicum plants

@Eidolon, when you upload directly to this site the pic shows up as a thumbnail, I get the large pictures by using an external image hosting site and embedding the image. We can see your pics when we click on the thumbnail just fine :smile:

Ugh I hate you so much right now Caps!! JK.... I'm just super jealous!! They look great my friend!!

[Edited for clarity]

====================

I bet ants live there, the only ants in all of the Arctic! Is that a possible magical property? :wink:

Edited by Caps
  • Upvote 1

I love this thread! There are so many beautiful pictures. :hearts:

I am in no way a photographer, but here are some photos from around my neck of the woods:

Here is Gooseberry Falls and caves:

post-3191-0-97236100-1437271407_thumb.jpg

My Tiger Lillies:

post-3191-0-41357600-1437272006_thumb.jpg

Lake Superior Shoreline:

post-3191-0-74376900-1437272228_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

20150801_171431_zpsp9pq5zsc.jpg

homegrown Siberian scullcap Scutellaria baicalensis

20150801_190532_zpsk4vfjynj.jpg

Twins! Jimsonweed Datura stramonium

20150729_183132_zpszqkpky89.jpg

I got lucky with this shot, it flew off as soon as I took it

20150726_185530_zpsmvurqyt5.jpg

Trumpet vine, aka cow itch Campsis radicans

I was in Denmark for a couple of days last week.

On the way back...after half the trip the ship just

stopped. For 40 minutes it just laid there, following

the waves...in the middle of Skagerack (it was a

bit scary...I must admit)... And i managed to take

a decent picture of the full moon.post-2965-0-95029200-1438547946_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

A few pics I took today at a local beach. The interesting carcass was a moose, I wanted to take its skull with me but there were very fresh grizzly tracks next to it (as in it was raining and the tracks weren't washed out yet) so I didn't want to stick around for too long.

20151018_140210_zpsxyqezac7.jpg

20151018_135642_zpsmusq0pns.jpg

20151018_135614_zpspiqfi6bo.jpg

20151018_135417_zpsumimhmll.jpg

• Upvote 2

Went for a walk today and took some pictures to show those who haven't seen the beauty that is Australia yet!

2cib9zc.jpg

2z70vug.jpg

51rjlt.jpg

• Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this