Photo
- - - - -

How to raise Elemental Spirits - Does anyone else do this?

elementals spirits earth spirits Spiritualism

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 Belle

Belle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 11:08 PM

That was a Jane Roberts book that you mentioned.  She uses that term in the Seth teachings.

I wasn't a follower of that but I did have to understand that concept in a way...It was shown to me as a bulb of garlic, with many cloves and I think the 'oversoul' of the Seth teachings describes a soul family.

We all have different terms we use to explain our 'higher self' or the personification of creation and how that works with an individual. Guidance comes from the same source but the experience is unique for each person. Zombee uses the term oversoul because that is how she was taught.  I would use a different term to describe the same concept. 

#42 Zombee

Zombee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 06:03 PM

Yes, Oversoul 7 and the group soul experience was the route I went, back in the day. And I had started a post asking if others here ever worked with the OS or higher self. I suppose there are lots of names for it. Belle, did you want to share your version?

#43 Belle

Belle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 10:02 PM

My version is too complicated to explain...It's the same idea, slightly different application.

But I did have to learn about that, so it is a valid concept as I was taught. 

I always refer to my Watchamacallit as 'my guardians' but that is absolutely not the right term. It is just what I think people can understand. It really kind of turns my stomach to have to use terms that are 'wrong' but communication requires common words to convey an idea, so I make do. 

#44 Oroboros

Oroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 11:01 PM

If I'm honest, I must say that much new age philosophy leaves a bad taste in my mouth. That being said, I'm a firm believer in not throwing the baby out with the bath water- there is wisdom to be found under many rocks regardless of the label on the rock. So, I appreciate the explanation and clarification.

...From ev’ry depth of good and ill , The mystery which binds me still...— Poe

#45 Belle

Belle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 11:11 PM

I realize the conversation is totally off topic, so to put in my 2 cents about the elements, I use astrology to work with that concept...I use astrology for much of what I do and that is nature and the elements of earth, fire, water and air are key concepts. Every person that I encounter is influenced by these elements in a unique way. Human beings are nature spirits. 

I can talk to anything and it'll talk back, but I don't do that usually. It just isn't that helpful when there are so many other effective ways to get my guidance.

I mentioned on another thread that I was shown the concept of the oversoul as a garlic bulb...This was a theme at the time and I drew a lot of pictures of garlic bulbs. I knew what it was supposed to be about, but I didn't get it at the time. It is a single bulb with many cloves. Now I have much greater understanding about that lesson...We use the term that best conveys our experience. I don't use the term 'oversoul' but if I were speaking to somebody who uses that term then I would want to know what their understanding was. My understanding is similar but I use different terminology. 

I am not really a fan of New Age stuff either but that was the single lesson I was supposed to learn from the Seth teachings. It is absolutely true that we are guided to learn what we need to know and it will find us.  I think the Seth teachings were pretty good overall for the time period. That was a door opener for a lot of people.

Different strokes for different folks. 

Edited by Belle, 14 June 2016 - 11:23 PM.

#46 Emrys

Emrys

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 07:24 AM

SachaX, you are totally correct about
moon lodge. It's an area we retreat to during our moon to relax and recharge. We are not allowed to touch anything spiritual during that time cause are power is so great we will drain the medicine out of it. I'm half lakota oglala half euro but lived in pine ridge rez for a while and did the ceremonies till the throwing of the ball. A lot of my fam still there. You are correct in your assumption.

#47 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 12:07 PM

Again, a quote would have made it easier to know what you were responding to. SachaX most likely will not ever see this though, as he is no longer a member here. This is indicated under the profile pic.

Some are born to sweet delight,

Some are born to endless night.

(Fragments from "Auguries of Innocence") William Blake

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: elementals, spirits, earth spirits, Spiritualism