Photo
- - - - -

How to raise Elemental Spirits - Does anyone else do this?

elementals spirits earth spirits Spiritualism

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#21 SachaX

SachaX

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:51 AM

One of the craziest experiences I ever had was when I was suddenly surrounded by a whirl-wind vortex.  While I was wrapped up in it I heard a female's voice, one I assumed to be perhaps a teenager.  All sorts of giggles, and short statements along with what you might call a kiss of the wind on the exposed skin.  Lasted for just a few seconds, perhaps a minute at the most but was interesting while it happened.  No physical form ever suggested, just the twister shape of the vortex and bits of dust and such picked up with it swirling around.

After that short time it moved away from me and I watched it skip across the ground before it simply vanished and the debrie fell to the ground.

---

This has happened to me too. I call them nature spirits out doing their thing.

With time: weapons of war disintegrate, the hand drops the pen, but Magick will always be. ~ Me

#22 SachaX

SachaX

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 11:03 AM

SachaX:  I am confused (which happens quite a bit with me) You wrote of the 'divinity' that controls essence; power of universe that gives us the means to live, yet claim no god/gods. Can you expand, please? 

-----

That is what people would call the gods of the elements, or mother earth in one of her forms. If you want to worship them, go ahead. But they subscribe no pleasure in that regard, and if you were to piss them off they would not immediately cause the element to act any different then it's manner.

**That would be a wild thing though... piss off the water elemental and seeing the air around you suddenly change it's qualities and suddenly you are looking at a huge rock in front of you.

With time: weapons of war disintegrate, the hand drops the pen, but Magick will always be. ~ Me

#23 RoseRed

RoseRed

. . . Not a big believer in . . . cowinkydink ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 02:42 PM

I can't even begin to imagine what growing up in a small village is like.  I grew up in the suburbs - it's very different.

Thank you for your explanations.  I have different ideas of what constitutes divinity but I'm familiar with the ideas that you've described here.

When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#24 Gyreleaf

Gyreleaf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 02:48 PM

I am going to share some of my experiences. I am not talking of any kind of Truth but of  information I currently hold to be true due to my experiences.

My first experience of the elements came about while I was exploring out in nature and finding my connection to it all. Whilst meditating (I now know what I was doing was more like trance work), and connecting to lakes and rivers etc I came to recognise the element of water there. So on the one side I had a connection with the lake itself and the spirit of that place and on the other  I also began to form a connection with the element of water through it and later found I could communicate with water elementals there. Through my work I recognised the effect that the water element has on me and associations arose which are useful in my work. This has extended into the other elements.

I also have come to consider that there is a spectrum within the elemental forces. There is the direct physical manifestation of the element then there are less physical forces pertaining to things like emotions. Nature spirits tend to be more towards the physical manifestation of the elements (They tend to be more a spiritual expression of the physical forms). Elementals more towards the less physical forces and purer in nature, even if they can sometimes effect the physical side of things.

The elements to me have a rawness about them that come through when we interact with them.

When we interact with Fire it stirs the fire in us and brings fiery things to the surface. When we interact with Earth we connect to the earthy parts of ourselves. Thats why I asked about what emotions and feelings arise and if there were differences.

What I am about to say is a simplified idea but in no way do I expect it to represent the actual complexities involved.

The elements are a part of everything, even each other. This means that with the elements you have, say for water:

• Water-Water which is the water element in its purest form.
  • Water-Earth, this is the physical manifestation of the water and also represents the most tangible properties of water.
  • Water- Fire represents the more active parts of water and gives it motion and the abilty to change states.
  • Water-Air is the more spiritual or ephemeral part of water and connects water to the mental planes and completes the cycle of water.

It goes further then that because as I said its a spectrum so that while water may be the element most connected to emotions, theres the mixture of the other elements within water that gives rise to a spectrum of different emotions.

This is why what you said sounded strange to me because if I work with Fire I have a different experience then if I work with Water and both of them are different to Earth or Air.

Edit: Just to add. A better way of saying it is, that when I work with the spirits of one of the elements they always bring out of me and my nature the same kind of nature they are a part of in the first place.

Edited by Gyreleaf, 29 August 2014 - 03:03 PM.

#25 SachaX

SachaX

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:36 PM

I can't even begin to imagine what growing up in a small village is like.  I grew up in the suburbs - it's very different.

Thank you for your explanations.  I have different ideas of what constitutes divinity but I'm familiar with the ideas that you've described here.

----

Growing up in a small village doesn't seem very cool when your young. I felt like an outsider when I got to USA. But once you are older and are tired of the concrete jungle you appreciate the country.

I understand that you have different ideas of what constitutes divinity - we didn't grow up in the same place or have the same experiences in being born into the craft. Plus we come from different parts of the world. II appreciate your input and I might have to add you as a friend if you keep up disagreeing with me! We have such differing beliefs; it is fascinating for me to read what you know. 

Anyway, I'm not going to expand and ask what your idea of what divinity constitutes, but I do wish to ask how it is that you raise the elementals. What are your techniques/way of doing? Do you ever speak to them and have them talk back. What is your background and ways of this topic?

#26 SachaX

SachaX

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 11:53 PM

This is why what you said sounded strange to me because if I work with Fire I have a different experience then if I work with Water and both of them are different to Earth or Air.

Edit: Just to add. A better way of saying it is, that when I work with the spirits of one of the elements they always bring out of me and my nature the same kind of nature they are a part of in the first place.

========

While I only had a portion of your response quoted here, it does not mean I didn't read your whole post and/or ignored half of it.

Are you working with the aspects of said said element, or do you feel a deeper connection for what the elements mean toward toward the overall meaning of connecting to the universe?

Sure I can stand and ask for the aspect of an an element to give it's quality to the situation, and I do quite often see if I can form that fireball with my hands if nature will allow me the power to interact with the element I want to deal with, but to me it still is not the same as talking to whom controls and allows that quality to be used in magic and in life.

#27 RoseRed

RoseRed

. . . Not a big believer in . . . cowinkydink ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 02:24 PM

----

Growing up in a small village doesn't seem very cool when your young. I felt like an outsider when I got to USA. But once you are older and are tired of the concrete jungle you appreciate the country.

I understand that you have different ideas of what constitutes divinity - we didn't grow up in the same place or have the same experiences in being born into the craft. Plus we come from different parts of the world. II appreciate your input and I might have to add you as a friend if you keep up disagreeing with me! We have such differing beliefs; it is fascinating for me to read what you know. 

Anyway, I'm not going to expand and ask what your idea of what divinity constitutes, but I do wish to ask how it is that you raise the elementals. What are your techniques/way of doing? Do you ever speak to them and have them talk back. What is your background and ways of this topic?

I just spent 12 years in back woods farm country.  I don't belong that far out in the country.  I'm a Jersey Girl.  I came home to my Mom's last October and have stayed to care for her through her cancer ordeal.  I find it difficult to be as close to the land as I was when I was out in the country.  I don't fit in here in the suburbs anymore either.  The area that we're moving to is the outskirts of a large-ish city and not far from open country.  The property itself is very much untainted by the surrounding areas.  It's 3/4 of an acre with woods behind it. 

I don't actually raise elementals.  My work and practice with elemental spirits was a natural evolution for me once I went to the country.  When I was young I would talk to plants and trees and rocks and lakes and streams and everyone said I had a 'vivid imagination'.  Of course, as I got older I was reprimanded because I 'should've outgrown that by now'.  Same thing with my 'imaginary' friend that I found out later was a ghost.

If I wanted to talk to the land, I went outside and sat down on it.  If I wanted to talk to water I would go outside and sit where I knew the underground springs ran and fed my well pump.  Or I'd go down to the river.  There's a very special place I go on the Jersey Shore to speak with a specific water spirit.  I simply stand (or sit) in the surf and say hello. 

It's only recently that I've been able to interact and work with wind.  I had merged with a hurricane that came through.  That was a wild ride.  The wind and water, while separate, working together to express the raw beauty of Mother Nature was beyond what mere words can express.

I have an affinity with certain metals, which I see as part of the Earth element. 

I guess that the best way I can describe it is that there are varying strengths of Elementals - from the Fire Elemental that rages through the desert wildfires to the quiet and almost shy, and giggling spirit of a Dogwood tree.

I've never actually had to 'evoke' or 'raise' these spirits. 

When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#28 Nikki

Nikki

Air Bender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 04:30 PM

-----

That is what people would call the gods of the elements, or mother earth in one of her forms. If you want to worship them, go ahead. But they subscribe no pleasure in that regard, and if you were to piss them off they would not immediately cause the element to act any different then it's manner.

**That would be a wild thing though... piss off the water elemental and seeing the air around you suddenly change it's qualities and suddenly you are looking at a huge rock in front of you.

Huh? more confused now. 

The difference between Medicine and Poison is the Dose. :oil-bottle:
I Love you as certain Dark Things are to be Loved,
In Secret, Between the Shadow and the Soul.
- Pablo Neruda

#29 SachaX

SachaX

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 11:15 PM

Huh? more confused now. 

-------

That's ok. This isn't in books or songs. At least not that I'm aware of.

I don't read books.

I get confused on this site too, and after re-reading a post a few times I understand the words have another meaning then on the first read.

#30 Gyreleaf

Gyreleaf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 08:15 AM

========

While I only had a portion of your response quoted here, it does not mean I didn't read your whole post and/or ignored half of it.

Are you working with the aspects of said said element, or do you feel a deeper connection for what the elements mean toward toward the overall meaning of connecting to the universe?

Sure I can stand and ask for the aspect of an an element to give it's quality to the situation, and I do quite often see if I can form that fireball with my hands if nature will allow me the power to interact with the element I want to deal with, but to me it still is not the same as talking to whom controls and allows that quality to be used in magic and in life.

----------------------------------------------------

From my point of view. The elements ARE the universe. Working with them and learning of them and from them IS in part forming a connection to the universe.

Would it be fair of me to say I think it is not the elements you are talking of but an expression of what it is you consider to be divine.

Edited by Gyreleaf, 31 August 2014 - 08:16 AM.

#31 SachaX

SachaX

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 12:41 PM

----------------------------------------------------

From my point of view. The elements ARE the universe. Working with them and learning of them and from them IS in part forming a connection to the universe.

Would it be fair of me to say I think it is not the elements you are talking of but an expression of what it is you consider to be divine.

----

Very well said. We think alike.

#32 Nikki

Nikki

Air Bender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 05:50 PM

-------

That's ok. This isn't in books or songs. At least not that I'm aware of.

I don't read books.

I get confused on this site too, and after re-reading a post a few times I understand the words have another meaning then on the first read.

I dont know what books or songs have to with anything... other than books and songs tend to make sense.  

The difference between Medicine and Poison is the Dose. :oil-bottle:
I Love you as certain Dark Things are to be Loved,
In Secret, Between the Shadow and the Soul.
- Pablo Neruda

#33 Atehequa

Atehequa

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 08:12 PM

Personally, I wouldn't bother elemental or local spirits to find out about the future. 

#34 Aurelian

Aurelian

The Devils Enabler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,551 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 01:54 AM

Try reading the Conjuration of the Four Elements, by Eliphas Levi, and his related works, if still interested.

"The truth about the world, he said, is that anything is possible. Had you not seen it from birth and thereby bled it of its strangeness it would appear to you for what it is, a hat trick in a medicine show, a fevered dream, a trance bepopulate with chimeras having neither analogue nor precedent, an itinerant carnival, a migratory tentshow whose ultimate destination after many a pitch in many a mudded field is unspeakable and calamitous beyond reckoning." - Cormac McCarthy

#35 Zombee

Zombee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 05:56 PM

I'm rather new, and my limited experience with Elementals is as forces. I have not experienced them as beings. I have experienced spirits of the dead, The Spirit of the Land, Nature beings I can see and talk to and hear rather impatient commentary from.
Don't know if I can explain, but will try.

My awareness of Elementals is they are the forces that hold existing things together. As example, what I literally see as the "fire between the atoms". It's what I touch to make magic go. If I add any more words to that, I just get lost.

Spirits of the dead are the intelligence that remains coherent and responsive after life expires. It "can" be non-human and I think I have been in touch with a few (animal & tree) but mostly it's human. I have not worked with ancestors, only with spirit-guides as teachers, and some saints who have been extremely helpful. I see them and hear them.

Nature Spirits you are all probably familiar with, and there is an incredible variation of experiences. I do see them as physical, solid beings. I hear them talk. In actual words, sometimes with smells and gestures. the first time a squirrel spoke directly to me I nearly fainted, but was getting used to it by the time the rose bush spoke.

Spirit of the Land I have experienced as motion, a magnetic force rolling through the ground beneath my feet as geese flew over head, following a ley line on their migration south. Then as a reaching-out consciousness, inquiring what I would do with the awareness. Naturally, I cried.

There is a certain communal Spirit that unites it all together, off-planet life and matter as well as earth-centered. It is BIG and each little thing is part of it. ... From string/particle, atomic structure into physical matter, and all Beings. there is another non-physical, what stuff is before it is energy, still part of all this before I can't get my head around any more.

#36 Zombee

Zombee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 11:19 PM

Continued...

Now, after having written that (and taken a break) let me add, that with the exception of my spirit guide, I did not seek these encounters or experiences. They just happen. They have deeply shaped my faith in life. I don't have knowledge of how to contact-at-will the Nature Spirits, Spirit of the Land, etc. Just my spirit guides, but again, I reach out and they are there. I operate by sheer dumb luck. The older I get, the more I cringe realizing the could-have-happens. It's not courage because i don't have brains enough to know what's at risk until after the fact. The Tarot Fool card, that's me. In another post I wrote about *almost* being struck by lightening, twice. Yup. 30 years ago, at my self-dedication, I stood barefoot in a thunderstorm, at the butt end of a steel athame and called the Thunder Lord. Of course lightening struck. Why wouldn't it!?

As for Elementals, I don't call them, they are just there, doing what they do. I stumble into more stuff than I want to admit to. It's a helluva way to operate. I have heard voices since I was a kid, playing in the woods out back; and I knew, and never questioned, that everything was conscious. I never lost that growing up, and just added to it. Maybe that is an explanation.

So-o now, into my 60's, I want to understand...why.

#37 Zombee

Zombee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 02:05 PM

I did not realize how off the topic I meandered. I apologize. I also got my answer as to why, from another topic. Thanx for your endurance.

#38 Oroboros

Oroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 04:44 AM

Well, please do share where you found you answer as to why...:)

(Can't leave a sister hanging like that now.)

...From ev’ry depth of good and ill , The mystery which binds me still...— Poe

#39 Zombee

Zombee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 03:37 PM

Oh- well, it's the over soul giving me a lesson by speaking through the squirrel and the rose. OS is one with all life and can do things like that. Spontaneous psychic phenomenon, same thing.

#40 Oroboros

Oroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 04:03 PM

Ah, excuse me, I misunderstood. When you said " I also got my answer as to why, from another topic. " I thought you meant you got an answer from reading another topic on the forum and was curious where that was.

I am very slightly familiar with the term "over soul." Emerson wrote an essay called "over-soul." Also some one? wrote a book called "The Education of Oversoul Seven". Is this a common metaphysical term that I have just not heard much, or are your thoughts on the OS related to one of these sources? What you have said so far reminds me of "The Education of Oversoul Seven", but I'm just curious where your coming from on this.

...From ev’ry depth of good and ill , The mystery which binds me still...— Poe

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: elementals, spirits, earth spirits, Spiritualism