• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Kalinia

Kalinia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 04:15 AM

Hi everyone :) I am due to have my first child this September! While extremely excited, I am also very nervous! I was wondering what you would to special for labor and delivery, as well as once the newborn is here? I am open to any suggestions, advice, etc. This is in regards to witchcraft workings , as well as any other advice you may have.

I have been having serious lack of energy and brain fog lately. So far I plan on working on a protection/safe delivery amulet which I will wear when I go to the hospital. I am also very big in to herbalism/incense/aromatherapy etc, so will be directly energy into that as well.

Thank you for reading.

#2 Heks

Heks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:27 PM

Hi. Sitting on a big inflatable ball whenever you watch telly helps. So does going for walks every day xxx.
"One's own house, though small, is better,
For there thou art the master.
It makes a man's heart bleed to ask
for a midday meal at the house of another."

(35 Havamal, Edda)

#3 Raineylane

Raineylane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:33 PM

Hi everyone :smile: I am due to have my first child this September! While extremely excited, I am also very nervous! I was wondering what you would to special for labor and delivery, as well as once the newborn is here? I am open to any suggestions, advice, etc. This is in regards to witchcraft workings , as well as any other advice you may have.

I have been having serious lack of energy and brain fog lately. So far I plan on working on a protection/safe delivery amulet which I will wear when I go to the hospital. I am also very big in to herbalism/incense/aromatherapy etc, so will be directly energy into that as well.

Thank you for reading.

No advice but I just wanted to say congratulations.  Hoping everything goes well.

#4 westofthemoon

westofthemoon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 06:11 PM

Hi. Sitting on a big inflatable ball whenever you watch telly helps. So does going for walks every day xxx.

^This. I'd visualize the birth you want to have, too--every day if possible, right down to the last detail. There's a great book called Birthing from Within by Pam England &also Wise Woman Herbal for the Childbearing Year by Susun Weed. Magically, you could paint a bindrune in henna on yourself for an easy birth. After the birth, you can bury the placenta under a tree or encapsulate it (if you're at a u.s. hospital they'll throw it away, but if you have a doula she'll do it for you right away if she offers that). I can't recommend getting a doula highly enough if you're birthing at a hospital. (Not that they aren't helpful at birth centers or home, but having someone to advocate is great if you're scared). The Birthing From Within book is really helpful to not be scared anymore. Feel free to PM me if you need to talk.

After:
Tie a red string loosely around baby's wrist for protection. Or on the cradle/crib/cosleeper.

many congratulations! :)

Edited by Kupala, 11 August 2014 - 06:23 PM.

Wouldst thou like to Live Deliciously? ~ "The VVitch"

Say what you know, do what you must, come what may.

#5 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:27 PM

Congratulations Kalinia! The brain fog and lack of energy are of course perfectly normal. Do the simple and non draining things that you can, but please try not to stress to much! By the way, if all of the sudden the brain fog lifts and you feel a surge of energy, it could be a sign that your baby has decided to make a surprise early appearance! Best wishes to you and you little one!

Some are born to sweet delight,

Some are born to endless night.

(Fragments from "Auguries of Innocence") William Blake

#6 uncertainfuture

uncertainfuture

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 02:04 AM

I wouldn't worry. Everything sounds normal so far.

#7 Kalinia

Kalinia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:03 AM

Thanks for all of the replies, I am certainly VERY excited!!! :) That book sounds wonderful, will have to give it a read.

#8 RoseRed

RoseRed

. . . Not a big believer in . . . cowinkydink ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:24 PM

I second Susun Weed's books.  Any of them.  I'm not a groupy,,,  er,,, follower... but she knows her shit and she's a green witch so that's the perspective she offers advice and instruction from.

Of course you're tired and drawn into yourself.  You're pregnant.  If you need to use your mojo there is near unlimited strength in Motherhood.  Protection of our Children.  Etc,

Sometimes, I wonder if that strength that's found is truly from within ourselves or if we reach through ourselves into something bigger to access that.  When I've worked magic to protect my child - it's different.

When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#9 Wexler

Wexler

Something wrong? Blame retrograde

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 05:06 PM

I second Susun Weed's books.  Any of them.  I'm not a groupy,,,  er,,, follower... but she knows her shit and she's a green witch so that's the perspective she offers advice and instruction from.

Of course you're tired and drawn into yourself.  You're pregnant.  If you need to use your mojo there is near unlimited strength in Motherhood.  Protection of our Children.  Etc,

Sometimes, I wonder if that strength that's found is truly from within ourselves or if we reach through ourselves into something bigger to access that.  When I've worked magic to protect my child - it's different.

Huh. I think your post just hit me over the head with something. That was neat.

'Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.'

'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.'

[avatar source]

#10 Palemoon

Palemoon

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 02:42 PM

Well incase you haven't had your baby yet, I would say get a massage oil for whoever is with you to rub your lower back with; and if you have made a birth plan don't worry too much about sticking to it - just go with the flow.
I've had 3 babies (rather a long time ago now) but only with the last one did I try delivering in a squatting position and it was much, much better with gravity helping!
Good luck :D

#11 SerpentWitch

SerpentWitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 07:20 AM

Congratulations!
I don't have much to add because I have not yet experienced pregnancy/giving birth.

Posted ImageWalking in Darkness

#12 hawkwind

hawkwind

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 10:25 PM

Congrats! When my wife had our son it was the most beautiful thing I ever experienced. I saw how strong and powerful a woman can be! She brought the most important thing in our lives into this world! Our son. I learned as a man that a woman's strength  and power is unmatchable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool_witch:

#13 Kalinia

Kalinia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 02:26 AM

I had a wonderful experience! My husband and I did a protection/safe labor and delivery spell and created a talisman that I kept with me the entire time. I labored for about 9 hours only, and my daughter was born in 10 minutes once I started pushing. She was born at 11:11 , on Sept 11th, in room 11 ! 

#14 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 12:38 PM

Congratulations! :smile:

Some are born to sweet delight,

Some are born to endless night.

(Fragments from "Auguries of Innocence") William Blake

#15 Anara

Anara

aspire beyond fear of death (Bhairavi)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 01:07 PM

Congrats!

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always long to return." ~ Leonardo Da Vinci

#16 Pikkusisko

Pikkusisko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 01:10 PM

Congratulations on your little girl :smile:

Wow. 11:11. Something special happening there!

In some cultures a mother and child are kept indoors, away from too many visitors, for the first few months. This is to avoid the evil eye being cast by an envious person. I believe it also gives the mother and child time to recover and build immunity after the birth. I guess the modern equivalent would be keeping visitors to close friends and family only,  keeping baby photos off facebook :tongue:

'There's rules to this stuff. Wishing an event to be changes elements before and after it. Memories will be destroyed, babies will not be born, potential worlds could be evaporated by your wish.' - Prismo

#17 Horne

Horne

Wyrdling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 06:28 PM

Congratulations!

“Awake becomes
what once was known,

forgetfulness is fleeting.”

#18 Kalinia

Kalinia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 09:42 PM

Thank you! I am definitely keeping her in for a few months, with only close family/friends visiting sparingly :) 

#19 Celcat

Celcat

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 09:44 PM

Congratulations!  It sounds like a wonderful birth.

#20 daze113

daze113

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 08:14 AM

congratulations,special times my son was a september baby too x