I have been telling everyone about my arduous dresser journey. This thing is older than I am, and was previously painted several colors. When I started it was covered with awful bubbling peeling black paint. With the help of my mom I stripped off the paint (I hate paint stripper now), sanded it, and sanded some more, and some more, then gave it three coats of oil paint. The paint is still curing and you can see a bit of the painter's tape is still there for another coat on the inside. But for the most part I'm done. It is not perfection but I think it looks pretty good for my first big painting project!
The open bit has a little pull-out desk in it. It used to have a door as well, but that has been lost to the ages.
My mom thought it would be fun to paint the insides of the drawers different colors I like it! The only problem was, we were running out of paint and I didn't want to buy more to finish the coats.
Here is a bonus... my mom spray-painted the bottom drawer purple. When I went to give it a second coat I found she sprayed over a spider's web in the corner.