• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 bewitchingredhead

bewitchingredhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:56 AM

It definitely helps, thanks!  I moreso may need to use it for my next place, not sure how the new roommate will feel about all the magic business.  But I keep to myself quite a bit so that helps me a lot.  Now I just need to wait for my paycheque so I can get some supplies  :pinch:

http://forum.luckymo...6edb38f8d91a69b

http://www.luckymojo.com/hotfoot.html

There are some really good ideas and specific spells that work in the above links. I'd click on the hotfoot one first so you can get the main idea behind what it's used for, then the second link deals specifically w/problem landlords, and the first link is an entire plethora of specific issues/problems with great recommendations. 

You can also make the hotfoot powder yourself fyi :wink: 

I see you're getting your degree in art of the obvious~myself
Without music life would be a mistake~ Friedrich Nietzsche
Immorality: The morality of those who are having a better time~ H.L. Mencken
When nature has work to be done, she creates a genius to do it~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
We cannot teach people anything; we can only help them discover it within themselves~ Galileo

#22 Caps

Caps

Phytokinesist

• Moderators
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:58 PM

Could I recommend maybe making a leather case or satchel for them?  If it is from an animal you have hunted yourself it's even better.  There is a lot of energy in using skin and there are many different ways to process hides that you could specifically tailor to your purposes of keeping tarot energy.

"It is the still and silent sea that drowns a man." - Old Norse proverb

"It is better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war."

#23 DusterGalaxy

DusterGalaxy

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:44 AM

http://www.luckymojo.com/hotfoot.html

There are some really good ideas and specific spells that work in the above links. I'd click on the hotfoot one first so you can get the main idea behind what it's used for, then the second link deals specifically w/problem landlords, and the first link is an entire plethora of specific issues/problems with great recommendations. 

You can also make the hotfoot powder yourself fyi :wink: 

There's quite a bit of good information on those forums!  I'll have a real good look, I might have more uses for this than just my landlord!  Pesky people are drawn to me it seems.

Could I recommend maybe making a leather case or satchel for them?  If it is from an animal you have hunted yourself it's even better.  There is a lot of energy in using skin and there are many different ways to process hides that you could specifically tailor to your purposes of keeping tarot energy.

I've never thought of this...I'm not into hunting so it wouldn't be from an animal I've killed myself.  But, there is a large Indigenous population here who work with leathers and furs, I might try and find something that way.  It would be a great way to support that community too.  

#24 bewitchingredhead

bewitchingredhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:14 AM

There's quite a bit of good information on those forums!  I'll have a real good look, I might have more uses for this than just my landlord!  Pesky people are drawn to me it seems.

I've never thought of this...I'm not into hunting so it wouldn't be from an animal I've killed myself.  But, there is a large Indigenous population here who work with leathers and furs, I might try and find something that way.  It would be a great way to support that community too.  

Indeed! :wink: So glad you've found them helpful! :smile: 

My hubby used a lot of the info to assist him in his academic endeavors the past couple of semesters with great success! He doesn't actively practice the craft, BUT he def knows it works and was open to the idea. He employed several different methods (mojo bags, petition candles, burning certain condition oils w/herbs). He was able to grasp the concept between the working relationship w/the herbs, fixing and feeding the mojo bags himself, etc.  Much like this forum, I find it extremely valuable and filled w/all kinds of helpful information, resources, etc. as well as being blunt, direct and straightforward.

If you ever have any questions for some of the more simple aspects, or perhaps would like any opinions, please feel free to pm me and I'd be happy to try to help. For the more basic forms of conjure like honey jars, vinegar jars, candle work, mojo bags and making some of your own supplies- like the hotfoot powder, goofer dust, floor washes, herbal baths/salts, and some of the incenses and powder sachets- I know how to make (I can make condition oils as well, but sometimes they can be a bit complicated depending on the herbs/roots that they contain, but I'm fortunate to have a qualified root worker here who makes them in batches and it's more economical to purchase them from her), I can possibly be of assistance. I won't yank your chain- if I don't know something or am not completely sure how to answer your questions, I'll defer to someone w/more expertise like one of the many certified root workers on that site. 

If it looks like a form of magic you'd like to add to your craft, I highly suggest her book  

"Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic: A Materia Magica of African-American Conjure" http://amzn.com/0971961204

When nature has work to be done, she creates a genius to do it~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
We cannot teach people anything; we can only help them discover it within themselves~ Galileo

#25 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:08 PM

I realize that this is not workable in some spaces, but I have a section corner of my room blocked off. Two walls, a large shelving unit to make the third wall, and a curtain across the 'entrance'. I works quite well, and no one disturbs it. A large closet would work as well, in fact I have done that before myself at our old place. Having my own 'space' has always been important to me. The shelving unit provides space for most of my tools, and I even have a small desk in there.

Some are born to sweet delight,

Some are born to endless night.

(Fragments from "Auguries of Innocence") William Blake

#26 RoseRed

RoseRed

. . . Not a big believer in . . . cowinkydink ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:52 PM

I like that idea.

When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#27 DusterGalaxy

DusterGalaxy

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 10:08 PM

If you ever have any questions for some of the more simple aspects, or perhaps would like any opinions, please feel free to pm me and I'd be happy to try to help. For the more basic forms of conjure like honey jars, vinegar jars, candle work, mojo bags and making some of your own supplies- like the hotfoot powder, goofer dust, floor washes, herbal baths/salts, and some of the incenses and powder sachets- I know how to make (I can make condition oils as well, but sometimes they can be a bit complicated depending on the herbs/roots that they contain, but I'm fortunate to have a qualified root worker here who makes them in batches and it's more economical to purchase them from her), I can possibly be of assistance. I won't yank your chain- if I don't know something or am not completely sure how to answer your questions, I'll defer to someone w/more expertise like one of the many certified root workers on that site. 

If it looks like a form of magic you'd like to add to your craft, I highly suggest her book  

"Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic: A Materia Magica of African-American Conjure" http://amzn.com/0971961204

Thanks!  I'll keep that in mind for sure :)  Everything is still ruminating around in my head as to what/who/how I'd like to take action.

I realize that this is not workable in some spaces, but I have a section corner of my room blocked off. Two walls, a large shelving unit to make the third wall, and a curtain across the 'entrance'. I works quite well, and no one disturbs it. A large closet would work as well, in fact I have done that before myself at our old place. Having my own 'space' has always been important to me. The shelving unit provides space for most of my tools, and I even have a small desk in there.

Hmmm, I am moving to a new place soon, so if my new apartment has anything like this I'll be sure to utilize it this way!  I've been thinking of using a closet kind of as an "altar space".

#28 bewitchingredhead

bewitchingredhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:13 AM

Very creative! I'm glad I don't really have to worry about that, except for when my super christian in-laws come to visit or my brother in law's, I hide the books on the shelf, take down the magnets on the fridge (lol). Keep items in those type of boxes from Michaels I listed, etc. I don't do anything w/my altar but that's in my room (one of my dressers) and they don't tend to go in there. His parents know, I just do it out of respect for them and for my nieces and nephews. As long as they don't preach to her, force her to pray when she's about to eat w/them (when we're not around), etc. I'm ok with that. I taught my daughter that people believe in other things and that no matter how silly it may seem to her, it's as important to them as witchcraft is to us, so if they pray I just tell her to sit quietly and wait to eat until they're done out of respect. So long as it's a two way street I will always continue to be respectful of their beliefs. At first I noticed they weren't praying and reading the Bible like they would if they were at home, and I told them that by no means did I ever expect them to sacrifice those things in my home. As long as they don't preach to her and tell her anything else about what we do, etc. things will continue to go smoothly I think.  

Edited by bewitchingredhead, 25 July 2014 - 04:14 AM.

#29 bewitchingredhead

bewitchingredhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:19 AM

Thanks!  I'll keep that in mind for sure :smile:  Everything is still ruminating around in my head as to what/who/how I'd like to take action.

Hmmm, I am moving to a new place soon, so if my new apartment has anything like this I'll be sure to utilize it this way!  I've been thinking of using a closet kind of as an "altar space".

That's certainly not a bad thing at all!! It's actually a very responsible and practical approach to your situation. :)

#30 DusterGalaxy

DusterGalaxy

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 02:24 AM

Very creative! I'm glad I don't really have to worry about that, except for when my super christian in-laws come to visit or my brother in law's, I hide the books on the shelf, take down the magnets on the fridge (lol). Keep items in those type of boxes from Michaels I listed, etc. I don't do anything w/my altar but that's in my room (one of my dressers) and they don't tend to go in there. His parents know, I just do it out of respect for them and for my nieces and nephews. As long as they don't preach to her, force her to pray when she's about to eat w/them (when we're not around), etc. I'm ok with that. I taught my daughter that people believe in other things and that no matter how silly it may seem to her, it's as important to them as witchcraft is to us, so if they pray I just tell her to sit quietly and wait to eat until they're done out of respect. So long as it's a two way street I will always continue to be respectful of their beliefs. At first I noticed they weren't praying and reading the Bible like they would if they were at home, and I told them that by no means did I ever expect them to sacrifice those things in my home. As long as they don't preach to her and tell her anything else about what we do, etc. things will continue to go smoothly I think.  

That's the approach I plan to take with my own kids.  I don't want to force them from anything or shield them from what others believe, but I'd also be upset if people were evangelizing whatever religion it was to my kids.  

#31 Broomflower

Broomflower

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 05:36 AM

If you don't have a box or bag for objects you want protected, wrap them in black fabric.  A black bandana from the dollar store is perfectly fine for this.  You can wrap them up with a mugwort leaf if that's your thing.  If you are lacking a place to store small precious or sacred objects, and you don't want your roommate poking around them, might I suggest burrying them in the bottom of your underwear drawer?  That's where I stick my kids' 3DS when they're grounded, and they reall, really don't want to go pawing through Mom's unmentionables to find it!

I have also made good use of a hollowed-out book, although I've never actually bought a "book box".  Small jewelry or stash boxes may be found at thrift stores are also ideal storage.  (And can be easily hidden among your underwear!)

I used to use hair ties to bind up Tarot decks whose boxes disintegrated, until my cat started chewing them off and scattering the cards.

Eat your lawn.

#32 DusterGalaxy

DusterGalaxy

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:28 PM

If you don't have a box or bag for objects you want protected, wrap them in black fabric.  A black bandana from the dollar store is perfectly fine for this.  You can wrap them up with a mugwort leaf if that's your thing.  If you are lacking a place to store small precious or sacred objects, and you don't want your roommate poking around them, might I suggest burrying them in the bottom of your underwear drawer?  That's where I stick my kids' 3DS when they're grounded, and they reall, really don't want to go pawing through Mom's unmentionables to find it!

I have also made good use of a hollowed-out book, although I've never actually bought a "book box".  Small jewelry or stash boxes may be found at thrift stores are also ideal storage.  (And can be easily hidden among your underwear!)

I used to use hair ties to bind up Tarot decks whose boxes disintegrated, until my cat started chewing them off and scattering the cards.

Unfortunately, one of of my roommates would probably LOVE to go through my underwear drawer.  What a creeper!  I have had to grab a locking door handle.  I think that may solve a lot of my living issues.  Especially once I get a few "book boxes" for my private objects, not just Tarot cards. 

Can't wait to move, ugh!

#33 Broomflower

Broomflower

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 02:50 AM

If you have a roommate that rummages through your personal items, maybe make a little cloth doll, (DON'T name, charge or consecrate it!) stick it full of pins, and leave it on top of your undies in the drawer, a book of HP Lovecraft stories (dog-eared, with experimental notes in the margins) and a tinted bottle of harmless liquid labeled "CYANIDE".

I guarantee you he will never notice the Tarot cards at the bottom of the drawer!

Eat your lawn.

#34 DusterGalaxy

DusterGalaxy

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 03:17 AM

If you have a roommate that rummages through your personal items, maybe make a little cloth doll, (DON'T name, charge or consecrate it!) stick it full of pins, and leave it on top of your undies in the drawer, a book of HP Lovecraft stories (dog-eared, with experimental notes in the margins) and a tinted bottle of harmless liquid labeled "CYANIDE".

I guarantee you he will never notice the Tarot cards at the bottom of the drawer!

Hahahaha, I've already got the Lovecraft stories, he didn't seem to be too scared of them!  I might do the cyanide thing, he's dumb enough to believe its real.