• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#81 Ozman

Ozman

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 10:37 PM

I do the same thing, I'll write on scrap paper first then copy it into my notebook. Even things I did during the day will be kept because usually down the line it becomes helpful in either jogging my memory or, an event that I didn't really think much about will then click. I'll either learn a lesson or something deeper will appear. 

#82 Lauvitra

Lauvitra

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 02:59 PM

Your Books sound marvelous! I think they may have handmade paper in them, which is very absorbent. You might have to change your ink into something more permenant and less absorbent.
I would ask at your local stationary shop about inks and fine permanent marker type pens.
writing on one side only is actually a great idea as you can save the left side for drawings diagrams and pictures of your altar etc.
One thing I personally would have a problem with is the clasp, Your book will expand with adding pictures etc, so I guess you would have to limit yourself to drawings only.
As a tip I would suggest that you write your own crafted spells onto nice paper, noting Date, Day, Correspondeces etc. This can be kept in an envelope or plastic pouch. I tend to reuse good spells. These cards are a great Aid Memoire.

_______

Yeah, the paper is handmade. I actually have two kinds of handmade ink and I've been trying them both. One is walnut ink, and the other... something else. I don't remember what it's made of anymore. It's the other ink that's a little bit thicker and has a darker color, and doesn't get absorbed into the paper quite as much. Still, not as good as a standard ballpoint pen would be. That would definitely have been a more practical choice, but eh... If I'm going fancy, let's go fancy all the way. Quills and ink it is!  :D  It's not like this is supposed to be practical - that's what the computer exists for. This is just for fun.

Those cards sound useful, though. I'll have to keep that in mind for other note-making purposes. I do a lot of writing as a hobby, and my notes for all the stories I have going on tend to get lost in dozens of notebooks and pieces of paper. Something like this might help me organize them a little better for later use.

"We pledge ourselves to you, the Frame-Maker, the Scarab:

a world for us to love you in, a cloak of dirt to cherish."

#83 Onyx

Onyx

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 04:18 PM

I am sure your books will be beautiful, have fun creating them.