• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#61 westofthemoon

westofthemoon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 12:25 AM

Me too, they need to make binders that look like leather bound books not binders.
Wouldst thou like to Live Deliciously? ~ "The VVitch"

Say what you know, do what you must, come what may.

#62 Kaye

Kaye

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 09:05 AM

I like the idea of binders, but I really hate writing in them. Instead I do my own version of bullet journaling in small notebooks, I can find everything with the index in the back, and I have no issue scribbling things down in it. I might created an external index sometime for catering to multiple books, but this works for now. I spent years not writing things down, and I really regret it.

#63 RoseRed

RoseRed

. . . Not a big believer in . . . cowinkydink ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 12:48 PM

I love the idea of 3 ring binders. I can write on the paper anywhere and put it safely away when I'm done with it. They're easy to rearrange until they're perfect. Eventually, I plan on getting a beautiful grimoire cover. I've seen some gorgeous ones for around $200. I'm not going to waste that or the better paper on the rough draft.

While life is so hectic, I sometimes think about the quiet and time consuming things I look forward to doing in the future.

When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#64 Izzie

Izzie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 02:42 PM

I'd love to make my grimoire out of an old book, kinda like an altered book. My pages need to be cleaned up before I can do that, though.
Know thyself means this, that you get acquainted with what you know, and what you can do.- Menander

#65 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 01:53 AM

I'd love to make my grimoire out of an old book, kinda like an altered book. My pages need to be cleaned up before I can do that, though.

I have collected some lovely old books for just this purpose from oddly enough, The Romance Treasury ( I am not even a fan of romance books). They are beautifully bound and gilded, with a satin ribbon attached to mark your place. I picked ones with titles such as 'The Lonely Road', 'An Apple in Eden', 'The Pretty Witch' and 'The Rest is Magic'. As well as looking great on the shelf, they have the advantage of disguise. I have not completed this project yet, but I plan on matching subject matter to the titles as best I can.

Some are born to sweet delight,

Some are born to endless night.

(Fragments from "Auguries of Innocence") William Blake

#66 RoseRed

RoseRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 03:30 PM

I forgot the name of the store the grimoire I want to buy is and just spent a few minutes googling.

I like this one but not enough to buy it http://www.brahmsboo...ssgrimoire.html

And I just came across the Witch's Moon store. Their wording is a little wiccan for my taste but take a look around and check out what they sell. http://www.witchesmoon.net/

#67 Esme

Esme

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 04:50 PM

I am going to break with tradition here and admit I use Evernote for all of my record keeping. I think it was especially useful when I was just starting out because there was just so much information to keep track of! For example, whenever I bought a new crystal, I'd take a photo of it, then add the photo to Evernote + the common correspondences. I still really love it for the ease of adding photos, as well as the search ability. I'm tempted to get one of those iPad cases that looks like an old leather-bound book so I feel a bit more traditional. :)

I think a binder might also work for me (being able to add and remove/reorganize as needed), but I really like being able to access all my information on my phone, tablet, and computer. In the past, I've tried using fancy grimoires but I always felt like I needed to start over if I messed up a page!

#68 Kaye

Kaye

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 10:56 PM

I use Evernote too! Though I also use a physical notebook to go with it. I find the Evernote Webclipper is particularly useful and saves me rewriting all the things.

#69 Izzie

Izzie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 11:03 PM

I used Evernote for a while and I loved it. I like it because I've got mobile access to my Hoodoo stuff. Like you said, it's easy to snap a picture when you need to. I think it may have voice capability too, but I could be wrong .
Know thyself means this, that you get acquainted with what you know, and what you can do.- Menander

#70 RoseRed

RoseRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 11:35 PM

There is a whole new branch of magical exploration going on today. Witchcraft in the digital world is amazing. I see what you guys talk about doing with your phones and I'm like :crazy:

A lot of younger chaos mages get very excited when they talk about Technomancy. You can do a lot more with it than just sense your friends and such. Obvioulsy, not my field but it's a new and very exciting field. I'm lazy - I'll keep up on the work that they're doing. And a lot of it is energy work in a brand new wrapper.

#71 Izzie

Izzie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 12:34 PM

I used Evernote for a while and I loved it. I like it because I've got mobile access to my Hoodoo stuff. Like you said, it's easy to snap a picture when you need to. I think it may have voice capability too, but I could be wrong .

---

It does have voice capability :) (mischievous grin)

#72 Esme

Esme

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 06:31 PM

Thanks for including information about the voice capability! I have never used it but it's a great idea and I will have to try. And like Kaye, I also love Evernote's web clipper feature. It has a nice way of keep track of sources for you.

I don't use much other technology in my witchcraft, but I'd love to see how other people are using it. It's definitely something I'd like to explore.