Photo
- - - - -

Keeping records

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#21 RoseRed

RoseRed

. . . Not a big believer in . . . cowinkydink ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:47 PM

I wonder if anyone has tried using a voice recorder.  I'm pretty sure most phones come with them now-a-days. 

Or would that get in the way of the process? 

When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#22 Nikki

Nikki

Air Bender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 03:58 PM

Hey Rose, yes, I've grabbed my phone voice recorder when an idea strikes. For recording spells, no -- but for storing info pertaining to one... YUP.

I also keep a witchy shopping / wish list on my phone as well so it's always with me. 

The difference between Medicine and Poison is the Dose. :oil-bottle:
I Love you as certain Dark Things are to be Loved,
In Secret, Between the Shadow and the Soul.
- Pablo Neruda

#23 Guest_monsnoleedra_*

Guest_monsnoleedra_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:19 PM

I use a recording device when I start to ponder things a lot of times.  Don't use one when I'm doing a working though i've honestly though a couple times about recording it to see what I do versus what is instinct / habit that is done without knowledge of it being done.  Have wondered what else might show up though in a video recording.

But as so many say, Be careful what you ask for you might get it!

#24 RoseRed

RoseRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:57 PM

Have you considered recording yourself when your Sight kicks in?  You have no idea what you say afterwards.  Sometimes, I think, that it might be better that way.

#25 Guest_monsnoleedra_*

Guest_monsnoleedra_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:02 PM

Have you considered recording yourself when your Sight kicks in?  You have no idea what you say afterwards.  Sometimes, I think, that it might be better that way.

I though about that once during one of our conversations but then though it'd be like secretly recording you and your energy then though better of it.  Not that i'd use anything against you but just the though of trapping or stealing some aspect while things were high.  Ironically the conversation dealing with house and the black that was blue creature hovering over it at the time.

Not sure i'd like your grandmother though, I can hear her now....Your not a woman so you didn't understand...he he he be my luck the recorder would loop on that .

#26 RoseRed

RoseRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:27 PM

The thought of recording my Grandmother just knocked me for a loop.

I wonder if it would stop working like the equipment did that night at the haunted jail. 

There's been a few times I've tried recording things and they've never turned out.  It's weird.

If entities or spirits can choose to come through electronics then it would make sense that they could also choose not to, right?

#27 bewitchingredhead

bewitchingredhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:35 PM

Yes I have recorded myself using my Nexus. I keep a lot of info on there (kind of like a min BOS, lol) and I can change the brightness of the screen so it's not so jarring. I'll turn it as low as it goes. It's helpful for when I'm doing things outside. 

Sometimes I just use my iphone bc it has a compass and voice recording that's super easy to access w/o being too distracting. 

I see you're getting your degree in art of the obvious~myself
Without music life would be a mistake~ Friedrich Nietzsche
Immorality: The morality of those who are having a better time~ H.L. Mencken
When nature has work to be done, she creates a genius to do it~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
We cannot teach people anything; we can only help them discover it within themselves~ Galileo

#28 bewitchingredhead

bewitchingredhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:39 PM

I have been meaning to record myself sleeping for the longest time- as well as immediately after waking up from a dream. The two times I attempted to write my dream down upon waking resulted in disaster bc I'm blind as a bat and when you're still half asleep and can't see a damn thing writing it down is apparently futile. I can understand a toddler's writing better than my own in those instances. 

When nature has work to be done, she creates a genius to do it~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
We cannot teach people anything; we can only help them discover it within themselves~ Galileo

#29 RoseRed

RoseRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 12:26 PM

Yeah, you and me both.  LOL

(the writing it down in the dark when you're half asleep and blind as a bat)

#30 bewitchingredhead

bewitchingredhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:23 PM

Yeah, you and me both.  LOL

(the writing it down in the dark when you're half asleep and blind as a bat)

It's the fucking worst! :razz: How bad is your eyesight if you don't mind me asking (like your prescription)? I'm a -6.50 right, -6.00 left. 

#31 RoseRed

RoseRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:34 PM

I'm almost legally blind 20/200 without contacts or glasses.  For some reason my eyes are beginning to get better in my 'old age'.  Go figure.  my eye doc told me that was rather common.  My reading vision isn't what it used to be but with minor adjustments I don't need reading glasses yet.

Getting old and broken (car wreck and ass't stuff) sux!

#32 bewitchingredhead

bewitchingredhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:05 PM

I'm almost legally blind 20/200 without contacts or glasses.  For some reason my eyes are beginning to get better in my 'old age'.  Go figure.  my eye doc told me that was rather common.  My reading vision isn't what it used to be but with minor adjustments I don't need reading glasses yet.

Getting old and broken (car wreck and ass't stuff) sux!

For a frame of reference, by diopter conversion my vision uncorrected is approx 20/500 and possibly even 20/600 plus. I say approx bc the measurements exponentially increase as myopia gets worse, particularly past -6.00. So your diopter to vision acuity conversion would be somewhere between -3.00 and -4.00. Sometimes those numbers fluctuate for other reasons as well, but they're still a decent estimate (at least -3.00 and under)

Put it this way, if I wasn't already familiar w/the shape of structures of certain landmarks, like the McDonald's sign, I wouldn't be able to identify it w/o having some form of corrective lenses on. I never knew my eyesight was bad. Even more perspective, A sixth grade teacher of mine noticed I couldn't see the chalkboard from the front desks and got the ball rolling. When I looked through a pair of lenses for the first time outside the window at the optometrist's office, I said "Oh wow, I can see the individual branches and leaves". My father about fell over dead. :omg2:  He has 20/10 vision (as does my hubby). I started w/a -3.00 and a -3.25 (right eye's always been worse), which converts to about 20/150 (so I started about where you are now- at age 11 :sad:  There's no telling how long it was bad bc I didn't notice I had bad eyesight. 

Technically legally blind is when your vision, even when corrected (via glasses, contacts, etc.) is still 20/200. As bad as mine has been (-7.00 and - 7.50 at one point) the numbers go all the way up until -11.00!! I can't even imagine!! Can you?! Corrected, my vision is still only 20/40 and 20/60. 

#33 bewitchingredhead

bewitchingredhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:09 PM

I hate the repetitive strain injuries like tendinitis, carpal tunnel's, etc. that increase w/age the most. They're the most debilitating IMO- I already need a joint replacement in my big toe and I'm only 37 (and I needed it 4 years ago). However, half of that is my own doing bc I was a gym addict and did heavy cardio for at least 45min/day- but usually 1hr/day. I literally ran my feet into the ground... *sigh* #oldpeopleproblems

#34 RoseRed

RoseRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:38 PM

Yeah, you're right.  Technically, it is.  A lot of people don't know the number system. 

anyways, wow.  That had to be totally amazing the first time you saw the parts that make up a tree.

#35 ArcticWitch

ArcticWitch

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:47 PM

I know this question wasn't intended for me, but the many times I've suddenly "checked out" and started speaking on a foreign language, my husband has never been able to get a recording (not for lack of trying, though).  Very frustrating, because I want to know what language it is and what it is that I'm saying!

#36 Nikki

Nikki

Air Bender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:11 PM

Wow, AW, that's trippy !!!

The difference between Medicine and Poison is the Dose. :oil-bottle:
I Love you as certain Dark Things are to be Loved,
In Secret, Between the Shadow and the Soul.
- Pablo Neruda

#37 bewitchingredhead

bewitchingredhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:39 AM

Yeah, you're right.  Technically, it is.  A lot of people don't know the number system. 

anyways, wow.  That had to be totally amazing the first time you saw the parts that make up a tree.

That and xmas lights!  :party9: I clearly remember seeing them for the first time w/my glasses. 

I've had several different jobs in medicine, pharmacy tech, office manager (for a dr's office), and optometrist tech to name a few. Albeit the optometrist tech wasn't for a very long time (I quit bc the dr. drank during work hours & I wasn't comfortable w/that), I adapted quickly- prob bc I had been wearing glasses and contacts for so long- also I'm a bit of a nerd.  I've worn contacts for 24-25 years. My parents let me have them almost from the get go bc my vision was so bad that even in glasses I missed a lot bc of peripheral vision, plus I did athletics in middle-high school. Every little bit helps. :geek:

You know what I think I'll set up the voice recorder tonight while I sleep. I haven't slept in over 24hrs and thanks to this thread it's fresh in my mind! Thanks y'all!

Does anyone use music to sleep and/or try to achieve lucid dreaming? Like music designed to get you into Alpha, Theta, Delta, etc? I know some of it works like a charm bc I've never been able to stay asleep w/o medication (western or holistic) until about 10 years ago when I first discovered music designed to get aid in sleep via different brainwaves.

Edited by bewitchingredhead, 24 July 2014 - 03:41 AM.

#38 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:30 PM

I think my journal heard me; for the first time ever today, it laid totally flat when I opened it up.

Lol, see, all you had to do was ask!

Some are born to sweet delight,

Some are born to endless night.

(Fragments from "Auguries of Innocence") William Blake

#39 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:53 PM

I must admit I do not keep a proper record a lot of the time. Some times I will write stuff down on a scrap piece of paper, and it's not because I lack journals. So I end up wasting time looking for little bits of paper, usually in my bag that is like a bottomless pit. Then when I find it, I have to rewrite it into a journal anyway, and that's if it is still legible and not torn to shreds. Lately I've been working on putting all my writings on my computer usb as well. Grrrr. 

Some are born to sweet delight,

Some are born to endless night.

(Fragments from "Auguries of Innocence") William Blake

#40 RoseRed

RoseRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:00 PM

I've seen 8 hour long binaural recordings.  Check out iDozer.com

Sleep problems suck and who knows - maybe it could help