• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Leighqt

Leighqt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 06:06 PM

I purchased this book after reading this thread, I like to make my own mind up about books, I haven't finished reading it I'm at chapter 4 and really dislike it, it cost £15 I wish I could return it as there are lots of better books out there for the money. Once I finish it I will do a better review.

#22 citoyenne

citoyenne

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 11:39 PM

From this thread I was also interested, though now I'm tempered by Leighqt's opinion. I know you'll give a fuller review when you finish, but could you say what you don't like about it so far?

#23 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 07:12 AM

I did not think much of this one either. It has a distinctly wiccan flavor, despite how it tries to dissociate itself from wicca.

I give it 2 out of 5 stars.

I kind of liked the plant sigils, and I thought some of the rituals were simple and easy to execute for beginners.

Those are the only reasons I didn't give it just one star.

Edited by Solanaceae, 24 January 2017 - 07:13 AM.

Some are born to sweet delight,

Some are born to endless night.

(Fragments from "Auguries of Innocence") William Blake

#24 Leighqt

Leighqt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 02:06 AM

I'm with Solanaceae

This book defo has a Wiccan feel about it ,though from reviews I have read the author appears to be making efforts to step away from this .

This is the 101 book for the new path of the Rose and Thorn. I nearly threw the book across the room when I read "The primary current of old world witchery is known as the Path of the Rose and Thorn.

It really is not my cup of Tea, , that said I will continue to read it as I am only on chapter 4 ( bored already) . I will continue to read it because

It is here and I love to read
A witch I respect has the book and I can discuss this with her
And to see if it improves
To give a better review

#25 citoyenne

citoyenne

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 04:13 AM

Alright that is fair. Thanks for your input, maybe if the library gets it I'll give it a go then.