Weight & Health & Jon Gabriel

Michele

I'm looking for someone who wants to partner in this, so if you're not interested this post will bore you, lol.

About a year and a half ago they took away our morning smoke break at work. That cost me 50 gained pounds, lol. I lost it on Atkins and got back to my normal weight, but couldn't sustain Atkins long-term. I've gained about 15 pounds of it back over the last 8 months and want to halt that slow creeping. I'm going to start the Jon Gabriel program (which I totally agree with his thought process). I'd like a partner who wants to do this with me and we can egg each other on, lol, possibly even doing it on this thread together...  JG isn't a person who ate a specific way all his life and never had a weight problem. He was a stock broker who weighed over 400 pounds and decided not to die and got his sh*t together and has kept his weight off long-term.

Anyone interested in doing this with me?

M

I'm doing primal keto, if that's ok I'll join ya. I have about 70 lbs to lose. Most of it from eating too much Nutella (ok, other things too, I have a wretched sweet tooth).

This is probably terrible advice (especially since I used to be a personal trainer), but have you tried vaping? Like do you still smoke or did you quit all together? If you quit all together then scrap my initial suggestion. lol

Lol - I do vape... last month was my 6 month anniversary without a cigarette. But that sudden loss after 15 years of having a smoke (or a vape) every day at 10:30 left me with cravings and me and some others in my department (and elsewhere in the office for that matter) gained weight.

I am specifically doing the Jon Gabriel thing as I like his attitude towards health and weight and his whole mind-body-spirit thing. So I am specifically looking for someone to do JG with so we can ask each other questions if there's something one of us doesn't understand, or we can toss ideas or recipes back and forth, etc.

Kupela - Nutella, lol... I have a nutella-flavoured vape juice, but I've never had the actual food nutella.

Yeah - like an ongoing discussion of ideas, of how it's working for us, of "oh shit -this happened, what do you think I should do" stuff, etc. Anyone who does want to try this with me would have to read the book, though. (He's got a ton of utube videos, too.)

I only read his book about 5 days ago. It came with the nightly meditation and so I played it. Fell asleep and have no idea what the meditation actually said, lol. Woke up the next morning CRAVING kale. Kale? I don't even know what kale tastes like, lol. (How can you crave something that you don't know what it tastes like?) Anyway, I tottered up to the grocery and got me some kale. Been eating tons of it daily, lol.

Can't afford a juicer, so got a personal-size blender for about 24 bucks. Been making smoothies (with kale, lol) for breakfast every day. Even my Yorkie likes them, lol. Downloaded his other meditations. 

I'm basically a happy person, but doing these meditations daily I do notice that my stress-level (stress causes inflamation and it causes the body to store fat) has dropped. 

It just seems to work on your psychie even before you actually start the "eating" method, although it is not a diet. Technically if you want to go eat junk food, you can. But the thing is, you seem to not want to anymore, lol.

M

Sounds interesting.

I tried searching for an answer to this question and couldn't find anything, can you combine his approach with an actual diet (eta: really more like lifestyle change then diet)? I need to eat low carb for health reasons (PCOS, insulin resistance) so if I can do that and the JG thing, I'll give it a shot It sounds like it might actually help curb my sugar/carb cravings anyways.

I like this idea M, and I do certainly need to eat better. I will look up the book and check it ou.t.

I got the eBook downloaded onto my tablet. I scanned through the visualization techniques and got to the part that goes into more detail about nutrition just to see what the gist of it was and it's definitely something I agree with from a nutritional standpoint so far. A lot of stuff I've read about previously and agree with fully. Very interesting read so far.

ETA: wondering if you think the CD is worth getting? I can order it separately from Amazon if it is.

ETA(again): just read about the "predator chasing after you" visualization technique for exercise and it made me think of this thing I read about for joggers that can be downloaded that's basically like a zombie chasing you type of thing. I had initially thought that was kind of silly but I'm thinking I might look into it more now lol

This looks interesting.  I gave up smoking in January, alcohol in April and I've lost nearly 40 lbs since the end of March and im always looking for inspiration to keep it up.  Will look into this :)

This looks interesting.  I gave up smoking in January, alcohol in April and I've lost nearly 40 lbs since the end of March and im always looking for inspiration to keep it up.  Will look into this :smile:

Hey - congrats on the quit smoking! (And quitting and/or getting rid of anything you chose to!!!!)

M

Archived