• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 Izzie

Izzie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 12:11 AM

Some jerk just used my credit card to go on a shopping spree. This is the third time in as many years....it's so disruptive. I digress. 

How can I curse the people that stole my credit card, when I don't have names or a birth date?

Know thyself means this, that you get acquainted with what you know, and what you can do.- Menander

#2 Aurelian

Aurelian

The Devils Enabler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 01:14 AM

Take the paperwork, the bills and shit from the credit card company.  Put them on your altar, dress them with nasty shit, and call upon your spirits to fuck that person up!  Leave offerings, etc etc.  

"The truth about the world, he said, is that anything is possible. Had you not seen it from birth and thereby bled it of its strangeness it would appear to you for what it is, a hat trick in a medicine show, a fevered dream, a trance bepopulate with chimeras having neither analogue nor precedent, an itinerant carnival, a migratory tentshow whose ultimate destination after many a pitch in many a mudded field is unspeakable and calamitous beyond reckoning." - Cormac McCarthy

#3 Izzie

Izzie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 01:27 AM

😈 I like that idea! I was considering winding a poppet in red thread. Sure, it will bind them, but I think they need a lesson to not fuck with people.

I'm also exploring a candle method. I'm thinking black candle dressed in a curse oil of my making.

Know thyself means this, that you get acquainted with what you know, and what you can do.- Menander

#4 Guest_monsnoleedra_*

Guest_monsnoleedra_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2014 - 01:34 AM

Personally I'd be asking what I did that allowed them to get the info off the card?  Thus when you go to curse you'll probably find your own self wrapped up in it as I'm willing to bet it was something you did or didn't do that has enabled it to continue.  That not even addressing the aspect of its an account you'll be placing the act upon not a person, so if you continue to use the account be prepared to battle your own curse.

#5 Izzie

Izzie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 02:09 AM

The thing is I can't figure out how it's happening. We shred all receipts, we are careful using cards online. All of the charges have been out of state, so it's not anyone I know doing this.

Good you mentioned this, because I can do a scrying session to try and figure out how they got a hold of my info. Maybe I need to also ward the cards in addition to the typical precautions.

#6 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 02:27 AM

From a purely practical end of it.... Most of the credit card accesses come from swiping at gas stations or buying online. I got taken once, but I caught it before they got any further than 3 bucks. I now have a "pre-paid" credit card I use for on-line purchases, gas stations, McDonalds etc. I keep 50 bucks on it at a time. So if it's hacked, they hit a dead end and I lose no more than 50 max. 

M

#7 Guest_monsnoleedra_*

Guest_monsnoleedra_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2014 - 02:29 AM

It almost sounds like a data miner lifted your card info.  If so then your looking more at a group than an individual that is probably behind it.  Think my first question would be did you ever loose a wallet or such with a card in it?  Bad part is with the magnetic strip I know some cards are read simply by placing them in a machine that has been hacked and all the info pulled off of them in the process.  I am curious though as to why you didn't cancel the card after the first occurrence or especially so after the second occurrence?  Sort of the old adage screw me once shame on you screw me twice shame on me.

#8 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 02:30 AM

Unless he had 3 different cards hacked 3 different times, maybe?

M

#9 Guest_monsnoleedra_*

Guest_monsnoleedra_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2014 - 02:31 AM

From a purely practical end of it.... Most of the credit card accesses come from swiping at gas stations or buying online. I got taken once, but I caught it before they got any further than 3 bucks. I now have a "pre-paid" credit card I use for on-line purchases, gas stations, McDonalds etc. I keep 50 bucks on it at a time. So if it's hacked, they hit a dead end and I lose no more than 50 max. 

M

We tend to do the same with the prepaid cards.

#10 Guest_monsnoleedra_*

Guest_monsnoleedra_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2014 - 02:32 AM

Unless he had 3 different cards hacked 3 different times, maybe?

M

Always possible but seems unlikely I would think.  It so would or should have raised some serious flags about things I would hope or think.

#11 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 02:35 AM

I love the pre-paids.... and they're great for vacations - just load (and don't take your bank card) and there's no way you can be tempted to over-spend, lol lol lol

M

#12 Guest_monsnoleedra_*

Guest_monsnoleedra_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2014 - 02:41 AM

I love the pre-paids.... and they're great for vacations - just load (and don't take your bank card) and there's no way you can be tempted to over-spend, lol lol lol

M

Think I've only run into one place where the prepaid didn't work.  Then it was for an online purchase but think it's become so common now that it's not an issue your typically going to run into now.

#13 Guest_monsnoleedra_*

Guest_monsnoleedra_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2014 - 02:43 AM

For the OP, Izzie

Just out of curiosity and perhaps discussion but can you say why you though of going to a curse / hex against an unknown source?  On the surface seem's a whole lot like pointing a gun into the darkness and pulling the trigger hoping you'll hit the right person.

#14 Izzie

Izzie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 02:46 AM

At least with the prepaid card, they wouldn't be able to pay for Ferrari parts. Not kidding, that really happened.

For right now, I can bind them so they can't do anymore harm. If they had my card, I'm sure they had someone else's card to take its place.

#15 Guest_monsnoleedra_*

Guest_monsnoleedra_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2014 - 02:57 AM

At least with the prepaid card, they wouldn't be able to pay for Ferrari parts. Not kidding, that really happened.

For right now, I can bind them so they can't do anymore harm. If they had my card, I'm sure they had someone else's card to take its place.

But what are you going to bind?  You can't even direct it at an individual for you don't know if it is being used by an individual or someone simply sold off the card numbers and some other innocent person got scammed in the process.  Your still shooting into the dark and hoping you'll hit the right person when the first thing seems to be to cancel the card and go through the bank that provided it.  Like reporting a lost card, getting a new one and cancelling the old cards other wise you can be held liable for the charges as you didn't do anything to stop it.

#16 Izzie

Izzie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 03:43 AM

You have a good point about shooting in the dark. I really don't have the target, just a general idea. That's why I wanted to talk about it first.

We cancelled the card and did all the mundane stuff this evening. We're not liable for anything.

#17 Stacey

Stacey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 04:18 AM

But what are you going to bind?  You can't even direct it at an individual for you don't know if it is being used by an individual or someone simply sold off the card numbers and some other innocent person got scammed in the process.  

I think you're being a little bit pedantic here. If the working is worded correctly it could simply be a case of 'binding whoever stole my card number'. It is clear that the number was stolen, whether it was sold on to some one else and that person was innocent is irrelevant. I don't think whoever it was sold on to is innocent, they were obviously using a card not their own. It's not pointing and shooting in the dark if you're more specific about your intention.

As Aurelian said, call on your spirits to cause them maximum damage. I would certainly aim to have their credit cards and money interrupted at the most inconvenient of times. I always prefer the taste of their own medicine route, how else are they going to learn not to mess with people?

"The mind is not a book, to be opened at will and examined at leisure. Thoughts are not etched on the inside of skulls, to be perused by an invader. The mind is a complex and many-layered thing." Severus Snape - HP and the Order of the Phoenix

#18 Guest_monsnoleedra_*

Guest_monsnoleedra_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2014 - 06:48 AM

I think you're being a little bit pedantic here. If the working is worded correctly it could simply be a case of 'binding whoever stole my card number'. It is clear that the number was stolen, whether it was sold on to some one else and that person was innocent is irrelevant. I don't think whoever it was sold on to is innocent, they were obviously using a card not their own. It's not pointing and shooting in the dark if you're more specific about your intention.

As Aurelian said, call on your spirits to cause them maximum damage. I would certainly aim to have their credit cards and money interrupted at the most inconvenient of times. I always prefer the taste of their own medicine route, how else are they going to learn not to mess with people?

No i'm not being pedantic here.  I just refuse the new agey slant of how bindings, curses and hex's work and the assumption you can shoot into the dark and have it work.  Sounds to much like a Silver Ravenwolf taught perspective to me.  There is no target to site in upon and focus the curse or hex in order to have it perform a given action.  At best its like looking at a collapsed dam and trying to gather the water that's already passed that point and making some statement about the dam though the factors that lead to it occurring are ignored.  The greatest assumption here is that its all one person or action being acted upon which is usually the mother of all screw ups and failures.

#19 Aurelian

Aurelian

The Devils Enabler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 07:56 AM

No...you're targeting through your own property.  One could take the credit card, put it in a nice jar with...tequila or the like, set it on fire.  "May these thieves be burned as they did to me.."

Or justice workings to try to punish and bring them to light.....  This is not an impossible task. 

Edited by Aurelian, 28 June 2014 - 07:57 AM.

"The truth about the world, he said, is that anything is possible. Had you not seen it from birth and thereby bled it of its strangeness it would appear to you for what it is, a hat trick in a medicine show, a fevered dream, a trance bepopulate with chimeras having neither analogue nor precedent, an itinerant carnival, a migratory tentshow whose ultimate destination after many a pitch in many a mudded field is unspeakable and calamitous beyond reckoning." - Cormac McCarthy

#20 Christine

Christine

Marsh Wiggle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 09:56 AM

Someone stole my purse once. I took the opportunity to let them also have a few things I didn't want, like my postpartum depression. I didn't have to go after the person at all, I tied it onto my ex-belongings. Aurelian has the right kind of idea, the card would work, any representation of the money, documents related to it, any of that makes the link you need to the stolen funds.  

Don't drink from the river, drink from the well.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: curse