• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 CuriousQuercus

CuriousQuercus

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 02:12 PM

Hey guys! I am new and trying out the forums. I've used this recipe for several years and it always helps clear my sinuses and is soothing enough for a nice long nap when you've got a case of the creeping cruds. Easily made with kitchen spices, the recipe is as follows:

1. Set a kettle of water on to boil

2. In a bowl (I have a specific bowl that I work with herbs in and use this for, but I imagine any bowl will do!) combine 1 tsp each of the following:

Cinnamon, cloves, sage (garden variety will do), nutmeg, and basil. As always, fresh ingredients work extremely well when possible, but I've certainly made it with all dried spices!

3. Combine ingredients in bowl

4. Add steaming water

5. Lean over bowl with a towel over your head, breathing in deeply and let yourself be taken to a quieter (less congested!) place  :smile:

EDIT: Whoops, first newbie mistake! There is already a similar thread from October. I apologize for the repost! Feel free to move or delete, if that is appropriate.

Edited by CuriousQuercus, 17 June 2014 - 02:17 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: natural remedy, herbs, sinus treatment