• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Izzie

Izzie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 02:50 AM

I've been curious about the Lesser Key of Solomon. What has your experience been with the demons? Do you have a favorite and a least favorite? How has it affected your life?

Know thyself means this, that you get acquainted with what you know, and what you can do.- Menander

#2 ArcticWitch

ArcticWitch

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 12:12 PM

I've only met one.  The experience marked the turning point in my life when I realized all of my occult experiences throughout my lifetime weren't in my head or coincidence; after what was (at the time) a truly terrifying encounter, I Googled the name it declared itself to be and found that it's an obscure spirit whose name is not listed in any semi-mainstream religious or occult texts.  However, it has introduced itself to at least two other people in the United States- one of whom legally adopted the entity's name as his surname and embraced Satanism- as well as is associated with a religious site in each India and Middle East.  I certainly didn't like it, nor do I see myself ever having a "favorite" if I have future encounters: it was powerful beyond anything I'd ever experienced, ancient, and utterly inhuman. Its power extended far beyond the watered-down descriptions that permeates the Judeo-Christian culture many of us have grown up in.

#3 Izzie

Izzie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 12:39 PM

That sounds terrifying! I've only encountered one non-human spirit, and it was incredibly uncomfortable. It felt ancient, and it didn't want us there. It was at a tourist attraction, of all places. The place has a caverns tour where you go into a cave with many prehistoric markings on the walls. We never made it, the non-human was at the entrance to get on the lift. We turned around & left.
Know thyself means this, that you get acquainted with what you know, and what you can do.- Menander

#4 CuriousQuercus

CuriousQuercus

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 01:04 PM

Wow that is intense!

I am curious about it too. More for satiating a reader's curiosity over any intent to contact someone/something.

I am wondering though for anyone whose read this book, which edition did you purchase? I can not make a decision. I see a lot of editions by Aleister Crowley and MacGregor Mathers that are significantly cheaper (the price drops from $40ish- $6ish) vs the more expensive edition by Joseph Peterson from 2001. I wouldn't mind reading an edition that's been rewritten for modern readers, however if they aren't of the same quality I would like to know. 

If you have any comments on either edition, please share :smile:

EDIT: Ohh I think I see the price difference now. Crowley and Mathers published only portions of this text vs Peterson who published it entirely in one volume? Still curious on the versions y'all have read :)

Edited by CuriousQuercus, 19 June 2014 - 01:16 PM.

#5 Izzie

Izzie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:47 PM

I found Crowley's on Scribd.com for free. You might check for the other version as well, but a lot of people seem happy with Crowley. There's a small section on the Lesser Key of Solomon in Kraig's Modern Magick, although I believe he discusses 2 demons.

#6 CuriousQuercus

CuriousQuercus

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:07 AM

Thank you! I will definitely check that out!

#7 ClockworkGhost

ClockworkGhost

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 06:37 AM

I work extensively with the Lesser Key at the moment, my business dealings often invoking Paimon. Although I prefer Demonolatry, though not GenDem Demonolatry as it is far too elitist, Ars Goetia has considerable depth for development of a powerful demonic paradigm. I have also worked with the Qlippoth, but would seriously not recommend it unless you were female, as Lilith can be a vicious wee thing if not treated with respect, while the other Qlippothic demons are simply far too powerful to approach without extensive knowledge of the paradigm as a whole.

As with all advanced ceremonial systems, Ars Goetia requires rather a strict adherence to the intricacies of the ritual workings, and skipping anything can be rather dangerous. It is true that any of the 72 demons can be summoned through other means, but use of the Lesser Key in the ways described within assures contact with the actual demons, and not just their subjects, who may well come claiming to be their masters themselves.

As for other Goetic demons, Asmodeus has saved my life twice, and I've had dealings with maybe fifty other Goetic demons in the last 27 years? Great system, just be very careful when using it.

'The way to do is to be' - Lao Tzu

#8 peterwitch

peterwitch

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 03:28 AM

Hello Curious I am knew here, I agree with Izzie, I believe Crowley is maybe can be your first source, he is explaining Kaabalah, but I find Crowley works rather hard for me to understand.

Crowley known for his thoth tarot.

#9 SororMIMM

SororMIMM

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 10:25 PM

The Picatrix is a good starting point as well, if you don't want to delve into Solomon quite yet. These can be terrifying experiences, indeed, but I agree with ClockworkGhost in that strict adherence to the process be given when working with the Grimoires. Unfortunately, it isn't as malleable as others types of magic like, say, folk magic.