Photo
- - - - -

Working Dark Moon (divination and other)

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 thehoodedman

thehoodedman

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:34 PM

I've opened this thread here as I can't find one on this topic, I'm quite happy to close it if it appears elsewhere.

Working the Dark Moon, one traditional time for divination (hence here) as well banishing/grounding negative energy. But it also is a time for other dark powers and strong emotions. Over the last year I have HAD to use this time for my own protection.

Now as we here are not the 'fluffy' community, I would be fascinated to here how any of you use this time. I'm well aware of the dangers...I've been there!

Huge topic I know but...any thoughts, experiences to share?

OK more needed I think. I use Dark Moon for protection. Sometimes, due to the people and groups we come across, annoy or offend, Spells or psychic links are made which are designed to do us harm or effect our thoughts. I had a particularly savage attack earlier in the year which I found it impossible to overcome. Grounding neg. energy or carrying protective crystals only go so far. I find only a specific Dark Moon ceremony works for me. There is a particular standing stone I use which has been traditionally used for this. I have to say that is only one aspect I use Dark Moon for.

Edited by thehoodedman, 10 June 2014 - 11:05 AM.

(The Merlin) Is this all you've learned Morgana? To deal in potions and petty evil.

#2 Izzie

Izzie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:30 AM

I use the dark moon for divination & inner work. I find that protection works well under a dark moon, but I work on protection as the need arises. It's also a good time IMO to do some execration (Egyptian method of removing obstacles). As you're aware, be careful what you wish for when banishing stuff...it will leave.

As for psychic attack, pay attention to how your feet are doing. I find that astral crap & the like can creep in that way.

Know thyself means this, that you get acquainted with what you know, and what you can do.- Menander

#3 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:51 PM

I like to do my workings around the time of the dark moon. I think it is the best time for certain personality types. There may not be a lot of energy during this time for dealings with others. It can be very draining.  However you may find it is the best time for anything that focuses your power inward, or anything that must be done solo. An ideal time for introverts! Many women have a unique connection, and special power around this time, due to the menstruation lunar cycle connection. We may feel drained around this time, but it can also be a time of great power for us. That said, the moon has an effect on us all, male or female of course, and there is no reason  why you should not be able to connect with and use these energies if you so desire.

Some are born to sweet delight,

Some are born to endless night.

(Fragments from "Auguries of Innocence") William Blake

#4 thehoodedman

thehoodedman

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:28 PM

I don't see anything wrong with working both, an HPS I know does and she believes Dark Moon to have more available power. Izzie I take your point about Astral, and 'other' it is certainly true. I try to ground through my feet though not always possible, depends who/what you're dealing with. You may well be referring to other things as well? I would like to develop my divination and other skills at Dark Moon too. Tricky thread this one...without being specific, (I've had a pretty rough ride trying to protect someone this year) and not sure if this is the right place to go into detail?

I get accused of left hand path occasionally LOL Though it isn't bad, just not always healing? I've worked with women and find we do synchronize around her cycle, there is an empathy which builds (not so uncommon I know).

(The Merlin) Is this all you've learned Morgana? To deal in potions and petty evil.

#5 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:30 AM

Nothing wrong with the leftward leaning, in my opinion anyway. Dark energy can be very powerful. I feel comfortable saying that here, since I know how many of us feel about all that 'love and light'.

47920.gif

#6 Christine

Christine

Marsh Wiggle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:56 AM

I like cookies... are they "chocolate" cookies, like "chocolate" meat?

Don't drink from the river, drink from the well.

#7 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 08:20 PM

Lol, well I'm not a big fan of meat, so it's got to be chocolate! Just hurry and get here or there won't be any left! :rofl:

#8 Ravenshaw

Ravenshaw

Life is good

• Moderators
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 04:44 PM

bump

RSKHFMY

#9 hawkwind

hawkwind

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 07:38 PM

I do alot of divination on a dark moon. I always seem to get a lot of spirit contact of all kinds. For me even if I'm not dowsing spirit contact on a dark moon is high sometimes too high.

#10 RoseRed

RoseRed

. . . Not a big believer in . . . cowinkydink ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 02:58 PM

I get dreams.  Makes for an exhausting sleep.

When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#11 hawkwind

hawkwind

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 04:58 PM

Rose, do you get like spirit contact during sleep?

#12 RoseRed

RoseRed

. . . Not a big believer in . . . cowinkydink ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 02:02 PM

Not usually anymore.  I did for a awhile but I need sleep.  It's one of those firm yet polite requests. 

With the sheer amount of time I've spent in hospitals, ICUs and nursing homes this past year - I've turned my volume dial as far down as I can get it to go - including in my sleep. 

It's much easier to tune out the spirits of dead humans than entities.  Which brings it's own set of complications at times.  I'm not sure which you were referring to.

When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#13 hawkwind

hawkwind

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 02:29 PM

I meant entities.

#14 Aria

Aria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 02:40 PM

Since a moment in my practice I've stopped working during 'dark' moons. However,  I find that depending on the sign the moon is in, it may be useful for contacting spitirs, dreamwalks or teaching unfriendly people a lesson.

Aria

La strega è un frutto di terra. (M.)

#15 hawkwind

hawkwind

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 07:49 PM

The moon phases really effect me in a lot of different ways certain phases causes my sensitivity to really become strong.

#16 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 11:06 PM

I've never been overly into the moon. My energy and work is best from sunrise or a bit before (when I usually get up) to about 1 or 2 in the afternoon. There are some things I might mark by the full moon, but not a lot. And I'm not a diviner, lol, so that doesn't come into it either.

Protections, I usually do at a time when I feel "strong and powerful" which for me would be again in the mornings. I do use sundown and sunrise a lot for communications... just not the moon. 

M

#17 Aria

Aria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 07:10 AM

I've never been overly into the moon. My energy and work is best from sunrise or a bit before (when I usually get up) to about 1 or 2 in the afternoon. There are some things I might mark by the full moon, but not a lot. And I'm not a diviner, lol, so that doesn't come into it either.

Protections, I usually do at a time when I feel "strong and powerful" which for me would be again in the mornings. I do use sundown and sunrise a lot for communications... just not the moon. 

M

Hi Exiled Goddess,

can I ask you why? Personally, moon phases are the only thing that I always keep an eye for when doing a work. I just find that performing a work according to the  moon nphase gives it a boost, and sends it out on a favorable wave.

Then this does not mean forcibly operating at night, the moon is still there even when the sun is up ;)

Aria

La strega è un frutto di terra. (M.)

#18 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 11:16 AM

Probably because I'm more into the sun than I am into the moon. So say if I wanted to do something to bring in or increase something... for my personal taste I'd probably do it just before true noon (not clock noon) when the sun was just approaching it's height, or sunrise when everything was waking up and getting going and full of energy, rather than specifically using the waxing moon. When I do use the moon it is more for marking time/date...like a true "month's" passing.

I'm not against using the moon phases, and if I was taking a lot of variables into the equation on something that was very difficult, I might use it as well, I'm just not a night person, my energy is at it's best in the daytime. The moon doesn't effect me a whole lot, but the sun does. Can't say why, I've just always been like that. 

M