• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Ravenshaw

Ravenshaw

Life is good

• Moderators
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:13 AM

So my luck with scrying is very shotty. Sometimes, I can see very clearly. Other times, not at all, and it was ultimately a waste of time. Until tonight. I lit a candle, darkened the room, and began to relax myself. Soon, I felt I was on the urge of something but just wasn't quite there.....so, I took my glasses off.

I have very poor physical vision, I mean my glasses are like bottle caps. I almost never take them off, and 

even when I sleep they are close to me. These glasses are practically cemented to my face. I never thought to take them off while scrying, and what a difference it made! Seeing beyond, with my own natural vision, actually helped my see what I needed to see. 

I'm surprised to have never done this before, and also that it helped so much. So, people with glasses who have troubles scrying....try taking them off. It may not help at all, but.....it may help an awful lot, too!

RSKHFMY

#2 Nikki

Nikki

Air Bender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:12 AM

Hey Raven,

Funny you should mention glasses and scrying....

With your glasses on.... Have you ever 'seen' anything from the outer most part of your frames?  Like a movie is projected from behind your head and playing on the glass itself... seen from the far corner of your eyes? 

I've had some pretty clear quick images come through this way. They take me by surprise sometimes, too.

It took me awhile to figure out what was happening, since I'm not sharpest tool in the shed. 

The difference between Medicine and Poison is the Dose. :oil-bottle:
I Love you as certain Dark Things are to be Loved,
In Secret, Between the Shadow and the Soul.
- Pablo Neruda

#3 Scorpio1981

Scorpio1981

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 12:51 PM

So my luck with scrying is very shotty. Sometimes, I can see very clearly. Other times, not at all, and it was ultimately a waste of time. Until tonight. I lit a candle, darkened the room, and began to relax myself. Soon, I felt I was on the urge of something but just wasn't quite there.....so, I took my glasses off.

I have very poor physical vision, I mean my glasses are like bottle caps. I almost never take them off, and 

even when I sleep they are close to me. These glasses are practically cemented to my face. I never thought to take them off while scrying, and what a difference it made! Seeing beyond, with my own natural vision, actually helped my see what I needed to see. 

I'm surprised to have never done this before, and also that it helped so much. So, people with glasses who have troubles scrying....try taking them off. It may not help at all, but.....it may help an awful lot, too!

I am telling, my astigmatism does wonders with scrying.. only takes me a few moments to focus/unfocus (or defocus?) my eyes without glasses.. I also noticed I can see things moving in the dark better too.. in fact, overall, if it wasn't for everything being blurry, the other parts of eyesight is better (scrying, seeing movement, seeing in the dark, color tone differences, etc)..

Maybe our brain KNOWS how to adjust to our own eyes when scrying, but the glasses screw up it's processing or something..

#4 RoseRed

RoseRed

. . . Not a big believer in . . . cowinkydink ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 01:20 PM

Congrats!!!!!

When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#5 Guest_monsnoleedra_*

Guest_monsnoleedra_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:00 PM

It took a while before I realized that many times when I scry its not my physical eyes that see but the third eye (pineal gland) region just above my eyes.  Don't know the medical reasons for it but that third eye region will play over top of my visual eye images, like looking at a B&W negative movie at times.  Yet my logical brain always seems to project it where my visual imagery is registered so I initially registered it as seeing with my eyes.  Sometimes if I take my glasses off it gets a bit clearer or finer in clarity of vision. At times I pass into a looking but not looking out of my eyes as I "Stare into space" to watch the imagery being played out.  I find it especially corrupted if there is a lot of movement in the physical before my eyes that serves to be a constant distraction for me.  Under those conditions I tend to close my eyes to block out that input.  

Where my glasses get me is at the peripheral points.  In many ways its a liminal point between my actual vision, my corrected vision and my third eye vision.  As such I tend to "See" things that if I can watch yet ignore moving my head I see all sorts of things.  Yet the moment I move sideways or shift up or down the image walks out of frame and is lost.  On very rare occasions I can regain the imagery but in most instances it is lost after that.  Where it gets really eerie is many times i'll see the figure of a person there along with what seems a disembodied voice speaking to me.  As such it becomes extremely difficult not to turn the head to see and just watch and listen. 

#6 Scorpio1981

Scorpio1981

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 03:04 PM

What I think is weird is my 3yr daughter came up to me the other day and said "I have a third eye, right here (points to forehead) but it is inside so you cant see it". I am not aloud to talk about that stuff with my daughter (my wife wants HER to make the choice when she gets older) other than that not all witches are bad, yet she also scribbles on paper, and if she is asked what she is doing, she says "a magick spell!"

I think a lot of kids instinctively know stuff, but because learning other things is shoved down their throat, they sort of forget it in time, having to relearn it later.

#7 Guest_monsnoleedra_*

Guest_monsnoleedra_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2014 - 03:24 PM

I think a lot of kids instinctively know stuff, but because learning other things is shoved down their throat, they sort of forget it in time, having to relearn it later.

I tend to agree with that.  I think we start revealing things at an early age then family / society either forces us to hide it or encourages us to explore it.  I was lucky my family encouraged exploration not everyone is so lucky.

I do think children tend to scry better than most adults though.  They see and read it for what is there before them not try to comprehend it and analyze what they are seeing.

#8 Scorpio1981

Scorpio1981

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 04:07 PM

Ya, they do not yet have the experience to decode it, however they do not have the mental programing to over-ride the skill either.

I know my daughter has seen stuff.. she talked about an old man sitting on the floor, and a few other things

Edited by Scorpio1981, 15 May 2014 - 07:32 PM.

#9 Ravenshaw

Ravenshaw

Life is good

• Moderators
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:55 PM

I think the reason it helped was that it let me pay less attention to my normal vision and see what existed beyond the realm of physical light. I'm excited to see future results!

Good point about children, I do think they can see more easily than adults. I've seen children in the family playing with "ghosts," talking about past family members who they have never met, and be able to read things beyond the physical world without any effort, as if it were as easy as breathing. 

RSKHFMY

#10 Scorpio1981

Scorpio1981

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:33 PM

I think the reason it helped was that it let me pay less attention to my normal vision and see what existed beyond the realm of physical light. I'm excited to see future results!

Good point about children, I do think they can see more easily than adults. I've seen children in the family playing with "ghosts," talking about past family members who they have never met, and be able to read things beyond the physical world without any effort, as if it were as easy as breathing. 

Yeah my daughter talks about relatives she never met, that died WAY before her time. It is interesting how much incite she has.

Edited by Scorpio1981, 15 May 2014 - 07:33 PM.