12 replies to this topic

#1 Izzie

Izzie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:49 AM

Hi,

I was crying last night, and I felt like I should look at my own reflection. I normally don't look at my reflection, just my preference I guess. When I was a young child, I hated looking at my reflection with the lights out. I didn't like the way my face looked in the reflection...it seemed like it wasn't me. Anyhow.....

Last night my face in the mirror started morphing into a man's face at one point. It was fantastic and scary at the same time. Has anyone else experienced this? Could it have been a spirit making contact? 

Know thyself means this, that you get acquainted with what you know, and what you can do.- Menander

#2 Izzie

Izzie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:52 PM

Hi,

I was crying last night, and I felt like I should look at my own reflection. I normally don't look at my reflection, just my preference I guess. When I was a young child, I hated looking at my reflection with the lights out. I didn't like the way my face looked in the reflection...it seemed like it wasn't me. Anyhow.....

Last night my face in the mirror started morphing into a man's face at one point. It was fantastic and scary at the same time. Has anyone else experienced this? Could it have been a spirit making contact?

I meant scrying, not crying! Dang auto-correct.

Know thyself means this, that you get acquainted with what you know, and what you can do.- Menander

#3 Wexler

Wexler

Something wrong? Blame retrograde

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 06:46 PM

I have experienced face-morphing several times, both sober and on hallucinogenic drugs. Doing it sober is much more pleasant for me, less eyes dripping out of your face and that kind of thing.

This is an optical illusion achieved when you are sitting in a dim/dark room with a light source behind you. When you look in to a mirror, you will see your face change. For me, I usually have to focus on one part of my face and the rest will change. When I blink or my eyes move I see my normal face again.

From my experience I would think it is more a trick of the brain than a spirit making contact (I don't think I'd like a spirit playing on my face anyway!). However, that does not mean it cannot be a powerful or spiritual experience.

You could try the exercise again. This time however, command or ask yourself to show certain types of faces. I have requested to see all of the following, with interesting (and telling) results: My male (animus) aspect, shadow self, ancestors, true self, myself as an old woman, and possible variations of myself (if I were born with different genetics). You could try requesting to see your soul mate, your greatest fear, or anything else. It is a fun exercise. I have also seen people of various ethnicities, typically Native American, Spanish, and what I suppose I would call Greek, as well as people of different genders and ages. Their facial structure is usually unique as well.

The three I remember the most are my 'shadow self', animus, and the old lady. They were all very vivid. The trick for me is to keep your eyes very still and focused without blinking, otherwise the illusion is ruined.

I did this for an hour or so one day. As I went deeper and deeper in to it, the mirror appeared to vibrate very rapidly, like it was being violently shaken. This happened a few times as I watched myself. Afterwords, for a few days after that, I would get the sensation that I was being shaken very quickly or that everything was vibrating around me. It went away though.

Of course, I do not want to be pedantic, but be sure to protect yourself if you are doing mirror exercises. It is my opinion that intense focus an connecting with a mirror can open up a portal. If it were me I would do something to protect the mirror itself and then shield myself while I do the exercise. No need to risk something coming through.

'Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.'

'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.'

[avatar source]

#4 Izzie

Izzie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 01:40 AM

I have experienced face-morphing several times, both sober and on hallucinogenic drugs. Doing it sober is much more pleasant for me, less eyes dripping out of your face and that kind of thing.

This is an optical illusion achieved when you are sitting in a dim/dark room with a light source behind you. When you look in to a mirror, you will see your face change. For me, I usually have to focus on one part of my face and the rest will change. When I blink or my eyes move I see my normal face again.

From my experience I would think it is more a trick of the brain than a spirit making contact (I don't think I'd like a spirit playing on my face anyway!). However, that does not mean it cannot be a powerful or spiritual experience.

You could try the exercise again. This time however, command or ask yourself to show certain types of faces. I have requested to see all of the following, with interesting (and telling) results: My male (animus) aspect, shadow self, ancestors, true self, myself as an old woman, and possible variations of myself (if I were born with different genetics). You could try requesting to see your soul mate, your greatest fear, or anything else. It is a fun exercise. I have also seen people of various ethnicities, typically Native American, Spanish, and what I suppose I would call Greek, as well as people of different genders and ages. Their facial structure is usually unique as well.

The three I remember the most are my 'shadow self', animus, and the old lady. They were all very vivid. The trick for me is to keep your eyes very still and focused without blinking, otherwise the illusion is ruined.

I did this for an hour or so one day. As I went deeper and deeper in to it, the mirror appeared to vibrate very rapidly, like it was being violently shaken. This happened a few times as I watched myself. Afterwords, for a few days after that, I would get the sensation that I was being shaken very quickly or that everything was vibrating around me. It went away though.

Of course, I do not want to be pedantic, but be sure to protect yourself if you are doing mirror exercises. It is my opinion that intense focus an connecting with a mirror can open up a portal. If it were me I would do something to protect the mirror itself and then shield myself while I do the exercise. No need to risk something coming through.

Thanks, I will try those exercises. My normal experience is to see little astral things and spiders. (I've had this thing with spiders for a while...I don't like spiders). But, as of late I'm making peace with the little guys. As for protection, I brewed up some protection oil a while back, so I'm going to ward the mirror. I've been a bit slacking on psychic protection, so I'll make a routine of it. Good point about the portal; I've already got one in the house. One is enough....

#5 Guest_monsnoleedra_*

Guest_monsnoleedra_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:05 PM

There is an old theory that looking into a mirror will reveals ones true face.  In most instances the process was done against a sleeping person where you held the mirror so you could see their reflection and know who they were.  One aspect of trying to find out if the person was possessed and who or what it was that possessed them.

The same process was applied by an individual when they were trying to find themselves.  The thing was it was always done with liminal light, candles, reflections of light, etc within a semi darkened room and usually behind you.  The shifting light caused the eyes to never lock firmly upon the reflection but be constantly unlock which sort of allowed the face to change and move and different faces to come through.  Many times unsettling to the observer as you got to see aspects of your self that weren't always pretty.

Wan't to get really unsettled, do it while your drunk and not resisting the faces that come to the surface.  Where you reveal your true face and self.

#6 Scorpio1981

Scorpio1981

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 04:44 PM

My face turned into something like Beastman from He-man one time! WTF? My animal side?

I will try and actually request sides and see what happens.

Edited by Scorpio1981, 15 May 2014 - 04:45 PM.

#7 RoseRed

RoseRed

. . . Not a big believer in . . . cowinkydink ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 04:22 PM

There is an old theory that looking into a mirror will reveals ones true face.  In most instances the process was done against a sleeping person where you held the mirror so you could see their reflection and know who they were.

I've done that.  Creeped myself out, too, when I saw what was in it. 

I find that method to be highly accurate.  I have a family heirloom that I believe was created specifically for this.  It's like the difference between watching an old black and white movie vs something on Bluray.  It still works with other mirrors but this one shows detail.  Blew my mind the first time I used it that way.  It's been put away since.  That's a tool that only comes out on special occasions or when necessary.

When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#8 Raineylane

Raineylane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 04:52 PM

My face turned into something like Beastman from He-man one time! WTF? My animal side?

That cracked me up! :roflhard:

#9 Izzie

Izzie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 04:56 PM

All I know is what I sa freaked me out. Guess I saw my snarky side :)

#10 Izzie

Izzie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 04:58 PM

There is an old theory that looking into a mirror will reveals ones true face. In most instances the process was done against a sleeping person where you held the mirror so you could see their reflection and know who they were. One aspect of trying to find out if the person was possessed and who or what it was that possessed them.

The same process was applied by an individual when they were trying to find themselves. The thing was it was always done with liminal light, candles, reflections of light, etc within a semi darkened room and usually behind you. The shifting light caused the eyes to never lock firmly upon the reflection but be constantly unlock which sort of allowed the face to change and move and different faces to come through. Many times unsettling to the observer as you got to see aspects of your self that weren't always pretty.
Wan't to get really unsettled, do it while your drunk and not resisting the faces that come to the surface. Where you reveal your true face and self.

Sounds like fun 😈. But really, I looked like I had mummy bandages across my eyes...freaky! To top it off, I dreamed about 20 tornadoes last night. That's for another thread!

#11 Izzie

Izzie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:01 PM

Beastman..... That takes me back!

#12 odahviing

odahviing

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 07:59 PM

My mother had an experience like this once she told me about. She was at some kind of retreat (I don't remember the theme of the place anymore, sorry). After a session of meditation and some serious finding-of-true-self she went to the bathroom. When she was washing her hands she looked up into the mirror and was horrified by what she saw; it was still her but something else too, something dark and evil, ready to attack. It rattled her so bad she kept away from mirrors for a time, she felt that she had some kind of darkness inside and it scared her.

Later she would "jokingly" say something about her demon side being let out during that session and showing itself in the mirror. 

Listen to them, the children of the night. What music they make!

#13 Gyreleaf

Gyreleaf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 09:15 PM

If you google, The Facial Reflection-Distortion Technique, there should be plenty of information about this visual effect.