4 replies to this topic

#1 melusine

melusine

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 02:18 AM

I just read this and thought some may find it interesting.  There are some witches listed here that i've never heard of and many i have... some i think of as being more Wiccan and a few are names one encounters often in the 'traditional witchcraft' world.

10 Important Traditional Witches

I'd never heard of Lady Gwen Thompson before, but now my curiosity has been piqued :smile:

And Laurie Cabot... wasn't expecting to see her name on the list. In my mind, for some reason, i think of her as Wiccan, but to be fair i've never read her works and have only seen snippets of old media coverage and bits of her on old 90's talk shows :smile:

Edited by melusine, 14 May 2014 - 02:19 AM.

#2 Guest_monsnoleedra_*

Guest_monsnoleedra_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2014 - 02:38 AM

Laurie Cabot never claimed to be Wiccan but always a witch first.  Her book Power of the Witch is the one book by her I ended up reading some years ago.  Not a bad book all things considered for its time and such.

Laurie Cabot was in an episode of Lenorad Nimoy's old show IN SEARCH OF.  Her coven tried to gather in circle and change the weather if I recall correctly.  Been a long time since I last watched the episode but was pretty fairly presented again considering the time frame and subject.

Edited by monsnoleedra, 14 May 2014 - 02:42 AM.

#3 melusine

melusine

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 02:58 AM

Yes, i wasn't sure if she considers herself Wiccan... i don't know why i was thinking that she may be. It may be because of some things i'd heard her say on an old talk show... Oprah, actually, if i'm remembering correctly.  It was actually fairly funny and i like how she handled herself.

I've seen that episode of In Search Of. 

She is definitely an interesting and bold woman. 

#4 Christine

Christine

Marsh Wiggle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:13 AM

Laurie Cabot... man that takes me back. My first genuine witchy book was "Power of the Witch," the first mail order I ever made, and I lived in terror that my family would discover it-- no way to pass that one off as mythology! I taught my oldest son her shield spell when he was little and getting night terrors. Don't know if she's wiccan, but if they were all like her that would be badass.

Don't drink from the river, drink from the well.

#5 SerpentWitch

SerpentWitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:01 AM

Laurie Cabot is one of the few whose books I still enjoy. I think she is very interesting.

Posted ImageWalking in Darkness