Photo
- - - - -

Yes it's new...Tykhe Dice...but it has a tradition.

cleromancy Fortune Dice Runes Astrology

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 thehoodedman

thehoodedman

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:34 PM

I should probably have mentioned that,  'arianllwynog' has worked very closely with the Tykhe dice. In fact so closely he is the author of the 'Introduction to Tykhe dice' book.

The problem is going to be...people are going to want to try Tykhe  for themselves aren't you? I'll have to work  something out about this I think. The dice aren't too big a problem, it's the casting cloth...hmm.

(The Merlin) Is this all you've learned Morgana? To deal in potions and petty evil.

#22 Christine

Christine

Marsh Wiggle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:04 AM

Ooooo, do not be upset/overwhelmed, dice are magnificent and your system makes me wag my nonexistent tail in happiness. I can't use dice because they love me too much... but please post more about this delightful system, so I can make my spouse read it. Yes dice love my spouse too but ze can turn it off for questions. So pretty and complex... and inspired. I cannot  properly express in type... makes me purr, mrwr.

Don't drink from the river, drink from the well.

#23 thehoodedman

thehoodedman

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:17 PM

Ooooo, do not be upset/overwhelmed, dice are magnificent and your system makes me wag my nonexistent tail in happiness. I can't use dice because they love me too much... but please post more about this delightful system, so I can make my spouse read it. Yes dice love my spouse too but ze can turn it off for questions. So pretty and complex... and inspired. I cannot  properly express in type... makes me purr, mrwr.

Wow...totally overwhelmed Christine, I can't imagine a compliment bigger than yours. Thank-you so very much x

Edited by thehoodedman, 14 May 2014 - 03:18 PM.

(The Merlin) Is this all you've learned Morgana? To deal in potions and petty evil.

#24 thehoodedman

thehoodedman

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 06:41 PM

The 4th die in the Tykhe Dice set. This die is the wildcard:

the Fool/Joker/Blank. It is known as, 'thehoodedman'
and carries the remaining 6 symbols from the original
Futhark rune set, that I made here in Avebury (from
local Elderwood). By casting this die with the other 3
the full 24 are available.

10308896_1483867331829889_29147365120315 

Edited by thehoodedman, 22 October 2014 - 10:17 AM.

#25 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 02:07 AM

I should probably have mentioned that,  'arianllwynog' has worked very closely with the Tykhe dice. In fact so closely he is the author of the 'Introduction to Tykhe dice' book.

The problem is going to be...people are going to want to try Tykhe  for themselves aren't you? I'll have to work  something out about this I think. The dice aren't too big a problem, it's the casting cloth...hmm.

Yes we are, please????

Some are born to sweet delight,

Some are born to endless night.

(Fragments from "Auguries of Innocence") William Blake

#26 thehoodedman

thehoodedman

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 02:44 PM

Yes we are, please????

Your enthusiasm is pushing me on...hopefully something to offer very soon, just need to get everything worked out. I can make up about 20 sets to start with. Carriage outside the UK is always an issue, though not toooo bad. Small package $8 to post to US/Canada/Australia. UK I can probably squeeze them into large 1st Class letter? Lots of head scratching and measuring LOL. I would really like you to try them. Thanks for the support!

#27 Belwenda

Belwenda

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 03:51 PM

These are wonderful; want a set of my very own!

Edited by Belwenda, 25 May 2014 - 03:54 PM.

"For there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so" W.S.

#28 Scott

Scott

Irritatingly Thoughtful

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:44 AM

H.M

You certainly have my attention as well. Let us know when your set is up and running because I for one will be signing up for a set. Having just finished a book on Dice as Divination tool (I have a weak spot for em!) I am intrigued.

I like your designs as well. Did you get them produced somewhere? I got a great set thru a site a while back with an interesting system. I seem to remember seeing something on their site where you could make use of their setup to produce dice of one's own .. I'll have to search my memory and see if I can remember where that was. Give me a couple of days and I will retrace some steps ....

Scott

New Me! Now with added incomprehensibilityfullness for your convenience!

#29 thehoodedman

thehoodedman

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 04:18 PM

H.M

You certainly have my attention as well. Let us know when your set is up and running because I for one will be signing up for a set. Having just finished a book on Dice as Divination tool (I have a weak spot for em!) I am intrigued.

I like your designs as well. Did you get them produced somewhere? I got a great set thru a site a while back with an interesting system. I seem to remember seeing something on their site where you could make use of their setup to produce dice of one's own .. I'll have to search my memory and see if I can remember where that was. Give me a couple of days and I will retrace some steps ....

Scott

Thank-you Belwenda and  Scott!

I designed made and printed them, and the casting cloth. The dice have laser printed inserts, very hard wearing and water resistant. The set in the photo have been used for almost a year, even at this magnification they still look pretty good I think.  I really would like to get the sets made up. I'm putting together a Kickstarter project...see if we can get them out there in numbers perhaps? In the meantime I can make them up by hand...for our community...as long as I don't get inundated LOL.

Anything you can find would be most interesting, thanks!

Edited by thehoodedman, 26 May 2014 - 04:22 PM.

#30 arianllwynog

arianllwynog

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:38 PM

I can vouch for their longevity I've been working with my set for around 18 months and they still look good, working with the runic elements at present.

#31 thehoodedman

thehoodedman

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 11:47 AM

Sorry!!! been away a long time. I changed computer and lost all my logins!  

Edited by thehoodedman, 22 October 2014 - 10:14 AM.

#32 thehoodedman

thehoodedman

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 06:28 PM

We have started doing some free online readings, the best way to show what Tykhe dice are  all about.

Perhaps  arianllwynog could do something here (I haven't actually asked him but)? PM me if you would like a free reading.

details etc. at www.tykhedice.com

Edited by thehoodedman, 22 October 2014 - 10:15 AM.

#33 arianllwynog

arianllwynog

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 07:48 AM

I can only say sorry for the long absence we have been working hard on Tykhe Dice lifting it from our Witchy kitchen table to a beautifully made set that everyone can own and have just taken delivery of the first thousand 1st edition boxes!

Attached Files

#34 arianllwynog

arianllwynog

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 07:55 AM

http://i1311.photobu...psfpayccjr.jpeg

#35 IslandBruja

IslandBruja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 09:13 PM

You should consider posting about these in the Divination (Beyond Tarot) section on the Aeclectic Tarot Forum (and if either of you are a paid member of that site, you can post a link for sales in the Advertisements section of the site as well...) Best wishes for your creative endeavor!

#36 arianllwynog

arianllwynog

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 03:36 PM

Many thanks for you best wishes and the link I'll take a peek.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cleromancy, Fortune Dice, Runes, Astrology