Nyx

"Life Quotes" which inspire you

"Death is only the end if you assume the story is about you."

"We must be willing to face great challenges in order to achieve great things."

"Dream big. Dream looming. Dream a force that is so beyond you in scale that you mistake it for the world."

"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not. We never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"

"The past is gone, and cannot harm you anymore. And while the future is fast coming for you, it always flinches first and settles in as the gentle present."

"Nature will kill you and then make new things from you."

"Believe in yourself. You'll exist either way, but. Eh. Why not"

"Dream the impossible. Live the improbable. Die from the inevitable."

"Worry less about the person you once were, or the person you someday will be. Worry about the person you are now. Or, don't even worry. Just be that person. Be the best version of that person you can be."

"But here is the truth of nostalgia: we don't feel it for who we were, but who we weren't. We feel it for all the possibilities that were open to us, but that we didn't take."

-Welcome to Nightvale

I could go on, but this is getting long

Edited by odalibuc

"Seems like maybe your waiting for something. Your next life, maybe?" -The oracle, in "The Matrix"

Edited by Oroboros

Posted (edited)

“The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you”

-Sigma of Overwatch

I love this (even though it’s from a video game), as there’s a lot of hubris in “scientific people” where if they cannot in understand something to a degree which satisfies them, it simply must not exist (like spirits and magick).

To me this quote is also a “get over yourself” when I disbelieve something I’ve received in a vision or message simply because I don’t understand how it would be true.

A human not being able to understand something is nothing spectacular.

Edited by FancyShadowCat
Clarity

I once read on a bathroom wall, "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy".  While not necessarily inspiring, it is true.

"Do or do not; there is no try." --Yoda

"Hey you, don't help them to bury the light. Don't give in without a fight." --Pink Floyd lyrics

"She didn't look nice, she looked like art, and art isn't supposed to look nice; it's supposed to make you feel something." --Anonymous

22 hours ago, Sagefire said:

I once read on a bathroom wall, "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy".  While not necessarily inspiring, it is true.

So true!

• Like 1

Many years ago my mentor said something that has stuck with me for nearly 40 years.  He said,"Everything is bullshit.  You, me, everything.  All bullshit.  You just have to find a flavor you can live with."  I circle back to that one alot.

• Like 1

On 8/26/2020 at 2:54 AM, AliacenisAF9 said:

'Quiet people have the loudest minds'

-S.Hawking

One of my favourites...

I have found this to be true. I have always been quiet to the point of invisibility. my mind is constantly searching, feeling, and absorbing everything and everyone around me. It can be exhausting, but I wouldn't be me any other way. 

I loved reading all these quotes and wish I could think of my favorite right now, but my memory for quotes is terrible lol.

The Beast : 'You are different from the rest. Your heart is pure! Rejoice! The broken are the more evolved'.....

- Split (Movie).

Probably my favourite quote ever...

Edited by AliacenisAF9

I think that for the current social climate in this country, an amalgamation of 2 quotes rings appropriate, "Ignore the man behind the curtain and drink your Kool Aid...".

• Like 1

I've got an old Penguin that says on the back "Shirley is a complex and highly rewarding work, dominated by Charlotte Bronte's imaginative grasp of what is common to all oppression: the denial of the world of feeling." I read the book when I was about 20 and I hardly remember it but I keep the copy because I have thought about that quote a lot. Who knows who wrote it, someone on the editorial team at Penguin I guess.

"My heart and my hand shall never be separated." - Richardson (Clarissa, 1748)

"Pain hurts, but only for a minute" - Chris Cagle

So.... technically a song lyric more than a quote, but those words have gotten me through just about every painful incident in my life. 

• Like 1

"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" - Van Gogh

• Upvote 1

If I painted my dreams, there would be a lot of nudity!  Come to think about that...I might be able to sell a lot more of them!   Hummmm!  Thinking....

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Sounds like a good idea @Onyx. ♡

Sometimes I dream of music and then I write the music from my dream and that is the BEST feeling.

Edited by Moly

"The fire you like so much in me is the mark of someone adamantly free" - Liz Phair (Strange Loop, from Exile in Guyville, 1993)

• Upvote 2

”My sky bends back like a bow at full draw for ages.” - Rumi 

Lately the poem Invictus by William Ernest Henley has been powerfully speaking to me. Invictus means ”unconquered.” 

Those are powerful words to me. Freedom, unbowed, unconquered, wild, brave, victory. I've been meditating on the Ace of Swords the past few days.

0FD75849-AC8D-40E7-BCC8-8FB46F12132E.jpeg

• Upvote 1