Nyx

"Life Quotes" which inspire you

'Not me baby, I'm too precious. Fuck off !'

(lol)

Chrissie Hydne (The Pretenders)

Edited by Nikki

My favourite quotes tend to come from Lao Tzu. Here are a couple of quotes which have been attributed to him over time:

'Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage'

'Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don't resist them - that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.'

'Do the difficult things while they are easy and do the great things while they are small. A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.'

Edited by ClockworkGhost

God Einstein has many of my favorite ones....

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe

A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary.

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds

Intellectuals solve problems, geniuses prevent them.Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.

I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own -- a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty.

If you can count the number of true friends you've had in your entire life on one hand, consider yourself one of the luckiest people in the world.- my father

Common sense is not so common. Voltaire

An intellectual is a person who's found one thing that's more interesting than sex. Aldous Huxley

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself. Nietzsche

The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently. - Nietzsche

It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire

Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans.....John Lennon

Don't compromise yourself...You're all you've got.....Janis Joplin

Without music life would be a mistake... Friedrich Nietzsche

Music is the shorthand of emotion...Leo Tolstoy

Music is my religion....Jimi Hendrix

Music is what feelings sound like (unknown)

Afer silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music. Aldous Huxley

There is this ludicrous fear of the power of music manifesting itself in the corruption of the youth of America. There are more love songs than anything else. If songs can make you do something, we'd all love one another.......Frank Zappa

Nobody can make you fee inferior without your consent......Eleanor Roosevelt

Real loss is only possible when you love (or loved) the other person more than you love yourself. Unknown

Love is the condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own- Robert Heinlein

The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion's, gentleness and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen.~Elizabeth Kubler Ross

We have just enough religion to make us hate but not enough religion to make us love one another...Jonathan Swift

When I think of all the harm the Bible has done, I despair of ever writing anything to equal it......Oscar Wilde

In Christianity neither morality nor religion come into contact with reality at any point. Nietzsche

The Christian resolution to find the world ugly and bad has made the world ugly and bad. Nietzsche

It's beauty that captures your attention, personality which captures your heart.

Those are just a few......lol

“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”

― Ernest Hemingway

It saddens me how many people have a persona that is formed exclusively in response to competition with others. I feel that the quote is particularly applicable for solitary witches who, on occasion, may struggle with how to validate and define progress on their Path.

• Upvote 1

Guest monsnoleedra

I tend to like the short quick ones

DILLIGAF - Do I Look Like I Give A FU**

BOHICA - Bend Over Here It Comes Again

FUBAR - Fu**ed Up Beyond All Repair

SNAFU - Situation Normal all Fuc**d UP

HMFIC - Head Mother Fuc*** In Charge

Granted very military oriented for the most part used quite a bit

Funny you posted those Mons, I actually used FUBAR on some search and seizure (contraband) paperwork at work the other day, and nobody said anything...we use those same phrases in law enforcement (lots of my co-workers are military).

Although she be but little

SHE IS FIERCE .

William Shakespeare

If I'm an Angel,

paint me

with black wings.

Ann Rice

Edited by Tamara

"Live like you will die tomorrow and study like you will live forever."

It's something someone said on another site. Don't remember who he was. Just some random dude. But I liked the saying. I don't know where he got it. I think he just made it up himself.

Edited by ExaltedSerpent

"Never underestimate the value of saying nothing." -a friend of mine who passed away this past April

• Upvote 1

Both quotes are pretty awesome!

So, new serpent person, what are we supposed to call you? Does ES work? Cuz, sorry, dude - I ain't typing out that Title and feeding into whatever you've got going on. I'm actually, not giving you shit - just being straight up. I'm actually looking forward to getting to know you. :vhappywitch:

"When you have to walk barefooted without shoes; Think of those without feet" - OCEANOS

I LOVE going barefoot. :vhappywitch:

"If you're going to look like a freak, act like a freak and talk like a freak, don't be surprised when people treat you like a freak." - My Father.

"If you're going to look like a freak, act like a freak and talk like a freak, don't be surprised when people treat you like a freak." - My Father.

He's right your best bet is to look like everyone else, act like everyone else, and talk like everyone else, then release the freak when they least expect it. :wink:

Edited by ExaltedSerpent

You're right, ExaltedSerpent. He told me that when I was a teenager (many, many years ago). Now, by day I'm just a middle aged guy in a polo shirt. By night, though. . .

Both quotes are pretty awesome!

So, new serpent person, what are we supposed to call you? Does ES work? Cuz, sorry, dude - I ain't typing out that Title and feeding into whatever you've got going on. I'm actually, not giving you shit - just being straight up. I'm actually looking forward to getting to know you. :vhappywitch:

ES would do fine.

There is no shame in witchcraft. Witchcraft IS manipulation. If you feel shame for what you do, you are not living up to the ideal of what you feel you should be. So recreate yourself and focus on the goal!

A tiger doesen't lose sleep over the opinions of monkeys

Sometimes you got to accept what life throws at you, to find out what your made of.

A Tortoise doesn't get anywhere unless he stick his neck out.

How much you enjoy life is more important,then how much you have in life

These are some of my faves (the less melodramatic ones), the ones I think of when I have a really bad day and I need a boost.

"Whatever teaches us to talk to ourselves is important: whatever teaches us to sing ourselves out of despair. [...] And in the midst of our dying, as we rise from the organic and sink back ignominiously into the organic, it is a glory and a privilege to love what Death doesn’t touch." - Donna Tartt, The Goldfinch

"For something to be beautiful it doesn't have to be pretty."- Rei Kawakubo

"I exist as I am, that is enough." - Walt Whitman

"No one can take it away from me

And no one can tear it apart

'Cause a heart that hurts is a heart that works

A heart that hurts is a heart that works." - Placebo, "Bright Lights"

Edited by Jezinka

We are a part of life and if we are to be true mediums of its desire for experience we will not cling to our achievements but will burn them up with our passion to obtain more diverse adventures." Roger Williamson

Life's a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.

Aunt Mame

Yo' can't do magic without gettin' some of it on yo'.

Miss C.