Photo
- - - - -

Sprouting seeds to grow love...?

seeds love home

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 RoseRed

RoseRed

. . . Not a big believer in . . . cowinkydink ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 10:11 PM

Do you water it with black tea or sprinkle the dried leaves on the dirt?
When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#22 Christine

Christine

Marsh Wiggle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 10:49 PM

I water with weak black tea. Tea leaves go in the garden because they will mold.
Don't drink from the river, drink from the well.

#23 LongGone

LongGone

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 08:22 AM

Thats good to know. I tried several things, black tea was not one of them. Some kind of concoction that I don't remember, but didn't work. In the end I tried the last resort which was to let the soil go dry. Well guess what happened then? You just can't grow tender young plants if you fail to water them. I will try your suggestion if I have the problem again. Those little things are a royal bitch to get rid of.

#24 RoseRed

RoseRed

. . . Not a big believer in . . . cowinkydink ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 01:40 PM

Good to know, Christine. Thanx!
When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#25 Mistflower

Mistflower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 09:50 AM

Is it ok to reply to this even though it's quite an old topic? :)

I agree with Caps about nurturing the soil, that's really important. I spend a lot of time improving my soil outdoors, I throw stuff on it that I have used e.g. leftover lavender that I've used for making lavender oil on the hob. It all breaks down into the soil. If a seedling doesn't make it, it just goes back down into the soil makeup and contributes there.

Yes, patience is vital when planting seeds indoors (if done outdoors I often forget about them until they grow). But indoors, they are right there reminding you that something is working away under the soil. Soil for seeds should be very fine. When they are ready to transplant they can go into richer soil. This is a tricky time and some don't make it. I pull these out and toss them in the border, telling them, Sorry not this time! They will still exist though, so whatever intent they were sown with will not necessarily die.

Quick, said the bird, find them, find them,
Round the corner. Through the first gate

The Four Quartets by T.S. Eliot

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: seeds, love, home