#1 The Muse

The Muse

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 11:28 AM

Hi All,

The practice of sprouting seeds for certain purposes, such as to grow love or what not, has always been something that has resonated well with me. It's quick and easy and just makes a lot of sense.

I'm wondering what seeds other people use for certain purposes. And why?

I have used lovage seeds because lovage is associated with love... I've also used basil and thyme for the same reason...

I have a friend who uses pumpkin seeds because he resonates with pumpkin...

What seeds would you use? Why?

-

The Muse.

xx

#2 RoseRed

RoseRed

. . . Not a big believer in . . . cowinkydink ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 12:10 PM

I have never been able to grow anything from seed.  Ever. 

When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#3 The Muse

The Muse

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 12:16 PM

That's awful!  :ohmy:

#4 RoseRed

RoseRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 12:20 PM

I know.  That's why I stopped trying.  I feel really bad that I kill plants.  It's kinder to them if I don't even try.

#5 The Muse

The Muse

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 12:21 PM

Hmm. Perhaps caring for ones that have already begun is better. :P

#6 RoseRed

RoseRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 01:08 PM

Not by much.

#7 Wexler

Wexler

Something wrong? Blame retrograde

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 03:23 PM

I would probably just do what you do Muse and plant seeds that correspond with what I'm trying to grow, or do as your friend does and plant seeds of plants with which I have a relationship.

'Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.'

'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.'

[avatar source]

#8 The Muse

The Muse

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:54 AM

Most excellent. :)

#9 Raineylane

Raineylane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:28 PM

RoseRed, I am the same way.  Poor seeds and plants don't stand a chance around me.

But Muse, I like your idea. :yes:

#10 Christine

Christine

Marsh Wiggle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:55 AM

Yes, I do this. I always keep Basil growing in my home. In fact I sprout every seed that I can. Even supermarket squash gets its moment in the sun. Not pumpkins, though.

But yes, Basil really helps a home get its groove going. However, just as powerful, useful in asperging, yet far more carefree to get started, is Parsley. Which reminds, I need to start some more of that, thanks.

Don't drink from the river, drink from the well.

#11 ArcticWitch

ArcticWitch

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 06:36 AM

Today I did a little unplanned ritual when planting some morning glory seeds. Assuming they germinate and do well, they'll be the only decorative plant on my deck. I infused the seeds with my desire to bring a sense of family to all who are invited to backyard get-togethers. There are other elements that will add to the success of the quiet little spell:
my time and energy is going into coaxing them into healthy plants, I selected a varietal with blossoms in my partner's favorite color, and not only is today my late mother and grandmother's birthday, but her first name shares part of the flower's name: Glory. I'm looking forward to the results.

#12 Nyx

Nyx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 11:08 AM

I'm a 'typical' man in this way... I can barely keep the dog alive, let alone a plant. 

"Let us sleep for in dreams we enter a world that’s entirely our own.
Let us swim through the deepest ocean or glide over the highest cloud."

#13 The Muse

The Muse

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 01:27 PM

That sounds fantastic, ArcticWitch. It sounds positively powerful. :P

#14 Caps

Caps

Phytokinesist

• Moderators
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:15 AM

Depending on the plant, you can use seeds for more than just sprouting and growing love.  Using magic in gardening takes on a large role for myself and likely many others.  In my experience it is better to spell the soil than a plant itself as each plant species has a spirit already in guardianship of it. 

Growing plants from seed can be an arduous process, but there isn't really such a thing as a "black thumb" it just takes a little bit of knowledge.  Tropical plants are easier to sprout for a beginner than cold and temperate plants would be since they require a cold stratification process (like roses.)  One of the biggest mistakes people make when starting seeds is overwatering.  Overly wet soil can cause a damping off fungus which disintegrates roots. On the other hand, allowing a seedling to dry out too much will kill it.  A lot depends on the circumstances of the starting environment, climate, etc.

Likely the biggest obstacle for most new gardeners is patience.  Some seeds can take a month+ to germinate and people become impatient and toss them out.

"It is the still and silent sea that drowns a man." - Old Norse proverb

"It is better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war."

#15 SororMIMM

SororMIMM

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 10:35 PM

I also spell the nutrients given or add some oomph of my own. I will often add my urine or blood to the plants with whom I have a deep relationship. Like Gardensmith noted, patience is key. I've had mandrakes take over 12 months to sprout and avocadoes that took 4.

But I think the idea is brilliant! For seed choices, I would certainly pick an herb or plant that has those particular associations. You could also do the same in reverse, for growing enmity, cursing, or hexing. I've grown alrauns for both healing and hexing - taking the root, carving it into the target, letting it rot, chopping it up, feeding it to my familiars, etc.... You could grow a rose and use the thorns of the resultant bush to prick a poppet of your target in a love spell. You can grow rosemary for protection and then feed it to family members. I've grown lavender at the start of, during, or just before Mercury retrograde for its air associations to increase my communication abilities, for instance.

Though Gardnesmith is absolutely correct that the plants have a spirit themselves. I would work with plants you are familiar with to start as you already have a relationship - you may want to be sure that they are willing participants in your working if you're growing herbs magically. There are a whole host of other gardening magic ideas as well with regard to location, companion planting (and I mean spiritual companions, not just necessarily along the lines of permaculture), lunar vs. solar gardens, etc.

#16 RoseRed

RoseRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 11:26 PM

Actually, he goes by Caps. The Gardensmith line is a tag line that we can change eventually.

#17 SororMIMM

SororMIMM

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 12:39 AM

Oh yes, I see that now. My apologies! I'll remember next time :-)

#18 Ravenshaw

Ravenshaw

Life is good

• Moderators
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 04:02 AM

Will the love die as the plant does? It is tied to the plant, after all

RSKHFMY

#19 LongGone

LongGone

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 05:35 PM

I got on a seed sprouting kick a few years ago and sprouted everything I could one year. Even sprouted lemon seeds and apple seeds from supermarket fruit. Thats when I was introduced to these irritating bugs called schimmelmuggen (fungus gnats). They are like fruit flies but they like to live in moist soil with seedlings in them- especially fruit tree seedlings nummy num!!! They ate most of the things I got started. I have had better luck growing vegetables from seed and have just potted a rosemary plant. Hoping I can keep my cat out of it until summer when I can move it outside.

I doubt I would hinge a spell on my ability to keep a plant alive, especially something as important as a relationship. My results have been wildly varied and often doomed to failure.

#20 Christine

Christine

Marsh Wiggle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 09:41 PM

Fungus gnats hate black tea.
Don't drink from the river, drink from the well.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: seeds, love, home